SiouxSports.com Forum

White Out vs Gophers

maximushuber

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perposturous statement of the day heard on KFAN this week by one Paul Allen.

The Gophers will go into Grand Forks and win the series. They will then win 3 games in the Final Five to make the tourney.

I love listening to PA, but I think he has been drinking to much of the maroon and gold koolaid. :)

I listened to this air live and he was stating it as a hypothetical. I love PA and he can be the greatest Homer ever but he was more so just stating a conversation point or "lighting up the phonelines". It is the "Sports Abyss."

NOTE: Nice to see the thread getting back on track. THANKS DAGIES!!

I listened to this air live and he was stating it as a hypothetical. I love PA and he can be the greatest Homer ever but he was more so just stating a conversation point or "lighting up the phonelines". It is the "Sports Abyss."

NOTE: Nice to see the thread getting back on track. THANKS DAGIES!!

hes out of his mind

maybe the non white out talk can be taken to the commuity section and leave this for white out talk :)

do your part fans if possible and get the ralph rockin and send the gophs home so they can make spring break flights!!

AZ you know I will be there and my family will be sporting 1 of our many white Sioux jerseys and alot of them I can thank you for.

SIOUX in TWO.

Exactly.I meant gay as in stupid and childish.Some people have such thin skin.

This is exactly the point I am trying to get across. You think that "gay" is the same thing as "stupid and childish". This is homophobia and is a real problem on this board. Try finding a different word or just use the words "stupid and childish" if that's what you meant.

This is exactly the point I am trying to get across. You think that "gay" is the same thing as "stupid and childish". This is homophobia and is a real problem on this board. Try finding a different word or just use the words "stupid and childish" if that's what you meant.
Okay mom.

The real problem is your lack of ability to accept that you can't control everything. People don't all have the same views on things. You don't feel that gay is an acceptable term. Fine, you are entitled to your opinion. But please don't tell others that their opinion is wrong and homophobic. They probably don't agree with you that gay is an acceptable lifestyle. But they aren't preaching to you to change your views. See the difference? Just accept that people don't see eye to eye and move on. And if you can't do that, then you are gulity of feeling enlightened by thinking that your views are correct. And that is very, very, very much up for debate.

The real problem is your lack of ability to accept that you can't control everything. People don't all have the same views on things. You don't feel that gay is an acceptbale term. Fine, you are entitled to your opinion. But please don't tell others that their opinion is wrong and homophobic. They probably don't agree with you that gay is an acceptable lifestyle. But they aren't preaching to you to change your views. See the difference? Just accept that people don't see eye to eye and move on. And if you can't do that, then you are gulity of feeling enlightened by thinking that your views are correct. And that is very, very, very much up for debate.
Very well said Stromer.

Better bring a lot of it....4 of us, head to toe. Should I bring some extra Gold for you to wear just in case?

Gopher Fans - word to the wise. Our team is going to kick your team all the way back to Minny. You might just want to lower your profile a bit and try exude some class, as difficult as that is for you.

The real problem is your lack of ability to accept that you can't control everything. People don't all have the same views on things. You don't feel that gay is an acceptable term. Fine, you are entitled to your opinion. But please don't tell others that their opinion is wrong and homophobic. They probably don't agree with you that gay is an acceptable lifestyle. But they aren't preaching to you to change your views. See the difference? Just accept that people don't see eye to eye and move on. And if you can't do that, then you are gulity of feeling enlightened by thinking that your views are correct. And that is very, very, very much up for debate.

right on. last I checked there were different definitions of the word gay without them even referring to sexuality. the term has several slang meanings as well without referring to sexuality with one of them being something is lame. you could probably dig pretty deep and find several instances over the years since the creation of siouxsports.com where someone has said something was gay on this board without it referring to sexuality.

how is that homophobia? Homophobia is "irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals". Meaning a word in a different way is not homophobia. Just because someone disagrees with you does not make them homophobic.

Don't get me wrong, I am all about letting someone know that you do not appreciate their use of words, but when they explain that they did not mean it then you can't call them homophobic. You let sioux_rube know that you did not appreciate their use of the words, they explained...End of Story.

Moving back on topic, Come out and Help this weekend people! Even if it does not completely work, the boys really do like that you try.