SiouxSports.com Forum

White Out vs Gophers

maximushuber

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to see what all the fuss was about in this thread. Started reading at page 4...by middle of page 6, I couldn't see as I was laughing so hard my eyes were watering!

Always glad to see SIOUXPR is the voice of reason! :silly:

When so many people on this board feel that open gay bashing is acceptable, I guess it's time that I said my peace. Please try to remember that even of you don't agree with the gay lifestyle, that gives you no right to openly disparage that group of people. Some of the things that have been said today by my fellow Sioux fans make me want to throw up. The University of North Dakota teaches tolerance, respect, and understanding of those different than us and I hope that some on this board would get that message. It's a wonder that UND has ever had any image problems with the class that has been shown here today. There will come a day when bigots are held accountable for their words and actions. I only hope that intolerance doesn't breed intolerance and that the hatred will eventually stop.

Beats the hell out of a college hockey team dying their hair blonde.Now that's gay.

To SIOUXPR:

This is the first post that referenced "gay" in this thread...in it's context, I took gay to be one of it's definition: brightly colored and showy!

The thread did take a direct u-turn from there, but some of these posts are classic.

WHITE OUT, WHITE OUT, WHITE OUT, WHITE OUT, WHITE OUT, WHITE OUT, EIDSNESS IS ON A ROLL...

Who would you rather have in goal, Kangas or Eidsness, and the Sioux defense...Fighting Sioux in two....

With Kangas's GAA at 4.50 in the Ralph I think I will go with Eids. :silly:

7? Thats weird because FSN only showed 5 trophies on Sunday. Are the other ones lost? There is a banner discrepency as well.

I think we have six big gold banners at Mariucci. Five traditional NCAA titles and the 1940 team featuring our arena's namesake. While I think 7>5 is appropriate, I don't think our celebrating our only unbeaten/untied team in over 90 years should bother you johnny come latelies too much. :silly:

Forum Rules

Here are some selected excerpts:

If we scroll back through here we can probably find examples of violations of each of these, or at least borderline violations.

Let's get the thread back on topic before it needs to go away. Or before anyone steps too far over the line.

I'm not sure what wasn't clear about this post but let's quit debating the merits of using a certain term and talk hockey. I will close the thread next time.

Take your extraneous debate to PM's.

When so many people on this board feel that open gay bashing is acceptable, I guess it's time that I said my peace. Please try to remember that even of you don't agree with the gay lifestyle, that gives you no right to openly disparage that group of people. Some of the things that have been said today by my fellow Sioux fans make me want to throw up. The University of North Dakota teaches tolerance, respect, and understanding of those different than us and I hope that some on this board would get that message. It's a wonder that UND has ever had any image problems with the class that has been shown here today. There will come a day when bigots are held accountable for their words and actions. I only hope that intolerance doesn't breed intolerance and that the hatred will eventually stop.

Are you gay for hockey?

I sure am! GO SIOUX!!! I'll be the GAYEST one watching it on TV if the Sioux win. A victory would just be, like, oh my gosh, exciting!

Playoff time is the gayest time of the year for me....everyone is so gay because our team always in the mix to win another title. If UND wins it all, Grand Forks will be the gayest city in all the colorful land.

Anyone know if the band is going to be playing this weekend? We sit right near the band, and it is an absolute blast.

Live bands are one of the main reasons why the college hockey experience has it all over experiencing hockey live

at any other level.

Here is hoping to see the band this weekend, and at The Final Five, and in the West Regional, and at the Ford Field.

The piccolos have never sounded better than this year. It is amazing to hear what they add to the full band sound.

I enjoy wearing all of my jerseys and feel that with many students possibly gone, it would be tough to pull it off. As gopherz said, it does make the other fans stand out even more and there will probably be many in attendance. I think we should pick to wear the black jerseys for both games and have a black out if anything to do something different.

too bad - who cares about the 200 or so jokers from minny mystery - white is the home color and white it should be

I think we have six big gold banners at Mariucci. Five traditional NCAA titles and the 1940 team featuring our arena's namesake. While I think 7>5 is appropriate, I don't think our celebrating our only unbeaten/untied team in over 90 years should bother you johnny come latelies too much. :silly:

I'm sorry, UND only hangs banners for NCAA National titles and McNaughten Cups. I guess if you have to reach for straws to get fabric in the rafters hang them for whatever you want. Hang one for the beer guy! Wait...no beer there.

The band will definitely be there for all games this weekend. Thanks for the kind words! I know the group appreciates hearing them.

Anyone know if the band is going to be playing this weekend? We sit right near the band, and it is an absolute blast.

Live bands are one of the main reasons why the college hockey experience has it all over experiencing hockey live

at any other level.

Here is hoping to see the band this weekend, and at The Final Five, and in the West Regional, and at the Ford Field.

The piccolos have never sounded better than this year. It is amazing to hear what they add to the full band sound.

The band will definitely be there for all games this weekend. Thanks for the kind words! I know the group appreciates hearing them.

Great news. We sit in 110 and love being close to the band. The march between 2nd and 3rd is also a can't miss blast.

The crowd oughta give the band more ovations and applause in the arena. If not there, then here. Have fun and thanks again.

Will be there loud and proud Friday with white on!

My wife and I are flying to Fl. Sat. afternoon...I got tee times at the Sawgrass Valley course and TPC Stadium course early next week. :silly:

Suggested that maybe we could move our flight to Sunday so that I could take my two daughters to both Sioux victories!! (Tried to use my children as pawns...I know shameless!) Can you guess what my wife's response was??? :silly:

Anyone want to set the over/under on how many shots I need to stick the 17th green at the Stadium course. Already told myself I'm going "Tin Cup" until I stick one!

8-11 I think but I'm not sure off the top of my head...we will be impossible to miss

If you're from "The U" (University of Miami), like your profile says, why do you like the gophers so much? Or even hockey for that matter? Are you originally from Minneapolis?

Anyone want to set the over/under on how many shots I need to stick the 17th green at the Stadium course. Already told myself I'm going "Tin Cup" until I stick one!

considering you are from nd and probably havent played since november... i say set it at 2 and i'll take the over :silly: that's probably the most fun hole to watch on tv as all the pros hit a 150 yd shot and then pray it stays on. i'll be teeing off ocotillo in an hour and a half... want to set the over/under on how many balls it will take to finish the round :silly: probably not the smartest choice for the first round of the season.

considering you are from nd and probably havent played since november... i say set it at 2 and i'll take the over :silly: that's probably the most fun hole to watch on tv as all the pros hit a 150 yd shot and then pray it stays on. i'll be teeing off ocotillo in an hour and a half... want to set the over/under on how many balls it will take to finish the round :silly: probably not the smartest choice for the first round of the season.

I've played Ocotillo. For an AZ course, lots of water hazards...hit straight! You finish your round with the same ball you start with...a frosty one is on me!