SiouxSports.com Forum

White Out vs Gophers

maximushuber

"they would also be inferring that someone who is gay is also boring, teaches nothing, and is a waste of time"

those are your words and your thoughts, not mine. i'm done with this silliness. sorry to everybody else, i should have never got involved in the first place.

Play ignorant all you want. It's a lot easier that way.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon guys. Don't pick on the players from Cupcake U--they're going to have a hard enough time just getting off the bus without the front of their pants being all wet. They're missing the NCAA's for the second year in a row and this is their Frozen Four! They couldn't hang their "Dodge Classic Championship High School" banner this year because I think East Grand Forks beat them in the championship game. They'll also probably get confused trying to find the Ralph--they're used to Maricrappy-- so Sioux fans, if you find Cupcake U fans in the bathrooms at the rest stops and gas stations along the way, tell them this isn't Maricrappy and point them in the direction of The Ralph!

it should also be noted that all six of their national championships in football were before a game was actually played to determine the champion. therefore, all six are based on poling.

That system was in place until 1998 when the BCS started. Thats how Div 1 football has always been, those National Titles are legit as it gets. Are you saying none of Notre Dame's national titles are legit as well cause it was the same system?

C'mon guys. Don't pick on the players from Cupcake U--they're going to have a hard enough time just getting off the bus without the front of their pants being all wet. They're missing the NCAA's for the second year in a row and this is their Frozen Four! They couldn't hang their "Dodge Classic Championship High School" banner this year because I think East Grand Forks beat them in the championship game. They'll also probably get confused trying to find the Ralph--they're used to Maricrappy-- so Sioux fans, if you find Cupcake U fans in the bathrooms at the rest stops and gas stations along the way, tell them this isn't Maricrappy and point them in the direction of The Ralph!

Im pretty sure Detroit is in Michigan.

Here's another way of thinking about it...some gay people call overweight, Walmart-shopping, mullet-wearing heterosexuals "breeders". As a straight person, would you be offended by the use of that word as an insult? As in, that's so "breeder" of you.

This thread is turning siouxpr gay.

;)???:lol: That's priceless!!!! I suppose next they will be crying that it's racist that this weekend is being called a "White" out. Surely this must offend somebody. Oh, the outrage!!! :)

That system was in place until 1998 when the BCS started. Thats how Div 1 football has always been, those National Titles are legit as it gets. Are you saying none of Notre Dame's national titles are legit as well cause it was the same system?

i didn't say anything about legit or illegit. i just gave the facts. it should be noted that only a couple of their national championships were unanimous since there were several organizations awarding the nc at that time and they rarely all gave the nc to the same team. i mean, seriously, a 6-1 record won over some of those organizations some years that the gophers won. unless there were only like ten teams in the nation, i don't understand how that works out.

i didn't say anything about legit or illegit. i just gave the facts. it should be noted that only a couple of their national championships were unanimous since there were several organizations awarding the nc at that time and they rarely all gave the nc to the same team. i mean, seriously, a 6-1 record won over some of those organizations some years that the gophers won. unless there were only like ten teams in the nation, i don't understand how that works out.

Yeah it is weird even I dont completely understand it. I know one year the Gophers won the national title they actually lost the Rose Bowl. May have been 1960. I think Joe Paterno has three different undefeated seasons where he didn't win the title based on the polls.

Forum Rules

Here are some selected excerpts:

# No personal attacks, defamation, or libel

# No racial, ethnic, or sexual slurs

# No politics or religion

# No thread hijacking or killing. Do not flood threads with repeated or unrelated posts that interfere with the community's ability to have a discussion.

If we scroll back through here we can probably find examples of violations of each of these, or at least borderline violations.

Let's get the thread back on topic before it needs to go away. Or before anyone steps too far over the line.

Forum Rules

If we scroll back through here we can probably find examples of violations of each of these, or at least borderline violations.

Let's get the thread back on topic before it needs to go away. Or before anyone steps too far over the line.

Thanks , I was almost thinking USCHO had taken over this site.

Perposturous statement of the day heard on KFAN this week by one Paul Allen.

The Gophers will go into Grand Forks and win the series. They will then win 3 games in the Final Five to make the tourney.

I love listening to PA, but I think he has been drinking to much of the maroon and gold koolaid. :)

The Gophers will go into Grand Forks and win the series. They will then win 3 games in the Final Five to make the tourney.

I love listening to PA, but I think he has been drinking to much of the maroon and gold koolaid. :)

Maybe they should check his coffee cup as well.

Forum Rules

I apologize for hijacking the thread. That was not my intention. Some things just really get my blood boiling.

But, there is nothing political about homophobia and using gay slurs. Its just wrong.

I personally don't like referring to the gopher players as "gay" for bleaching their hair either. That just wouldn't be fair or right in this day and age.

It would be more politically correct to refer to them as "nancy boys"

I completely agree. Calling goofer players "gay" would be insulting to gay people. I'm sure no self respecting gay person wants to be compared to a goofer.

And that is why Puffy was the authority on Gopher hockey and PA was not, he really has no clue about it.

Are you kidding me? I really hope that you are a 12 year old kid as your name implies, because a mature adult would have much more common sense than what you just responded with. The fact that the word "gay" is used as an insult is revolting enough. Instead of respecting a group of people that make up 10% of our society, you instead take the word that describes them and use it to put down other people. What if I took a word that describes you, maybe "White" or "Midwestern" or "German" or "Norwegian" or what ever you happen to be, and used it as an insult. And don't give me this crap about the word "gay" being used to mean anything. The way that people nowadays use it is to denigrate and humiliate someone all while hiding their homophobia and bigotry. It's just as easy to find another word to use instead of using the word "gay" to slander someone. And those who respond by calling me "gay" only serve to prove my point.

I don't know if you know this, but that word comes from a latin word,"denigratus," which means "to blacken."

Why don't you grow up a little, and think about the true meaning of the words you choose.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gay

1.having or showing a merry, lively mood: gay spirits; gay music.

2.bright or showy: gay colors; gay ornaments.

3.given to or abounding in social or other pleasures: a gay social season.

4.licentious; dissipated; wanton: The baron is a gay old rogue with an eye for the ladies.

5.homosexual.

6.of, indicating, or supporting homosexual interests or issues: a gay organization.

The first four definitions have nothing to do with sexual orientation; and, the first two definitions may well fit a bleach-blond hockey-playing troup.

I'd say the word was hijacked. :)