SiouxSports.com Forum

Welcome Back Matt

siouxcool

Anyone think that Frattin was reinstated due to the struggles of the team more than anything? If this team was rolling along would Frattin have been reinstated by Hak? I doubt it. Either way welcome back Matt!

i heard back in october he MIGHT have an opportunity to join the team around Christmas. So I think this process started before the struggles of the team began. But that was just joining the team, not being eligible to play. That said, anyone who thinks they reinstated him because of Zajac and Genoway being out is overanalyzing the situation a bit too much IMO. Matt being able to come back was really in Matt's hands and if the coaching staff feel this is the right move for the team, I'm all for it.

Anyone think that Frattin was reinstated due to the struggles of the team more than anything? If this team was rolling along would Frattin have been reinstated by Hak? I doubt it. Either way welcome back Matt!

I don't think it has as much to do with the team struggling as what the roster looks like right now. With 3 players out and some of the freshmen not really contributing much, I think that was more of a reason for Hak to re-evalute the situation. That being said, I think a 1/2 season suspension would have been the appropriate action in the first place so I'm pretty glad at how things have turned out.

i heard back in october he MIGHT have an opportunity to join the team around Christmas. So I think this process started before the struggles of the team began. But that was just joining the team, not being eligible to play. That said, anyone who thinks they reinstated him because of Zajac and Genoway being out is overanalyzing the situation a bit too much IMO. Matt being able to come back was really in Matt's hands and if the coaching staff feel this is the right move for the team, I'm all for it.

Coach did say the team comes first.

I would say yes and no. Definitely desperate times right now with the Sioux team calls for desperate measures.

Really glad to have Matt back. I sincerely doubt it has anything to do with the team's record or roster.

Hakstol had to adhere to strict rules to control the team, so he had to suspend him.

Frattin made some dumb decisions, but they sound like decisions that many a college man makes. Nothing unforgiveable, just stupidity with booze.

Frattin paid a heavy price and it sounds like he manned up and accepted accountability, righted himself, never quit training and trying to get another shot.

Sounds like a true Sioux to me...perseverance, accountability, never quitting, and ultimately earning his opportunity back.

Way to go kid.

Now pump home 20 this second half!!!

Welcome back, Frattin! Can't wait to see you and Trupp and Vande light things up again!! Here's to a great second half and congratulations on your return. GO SIOUX!

I like the enthusiasim but do we really think that will be the line? I think he and Vande would be great together, but I just don't think breaking up one of the only consistent producing pairs (Malone and Trupp) is a good thing. I don't think Vande would fit in well with Malone either.

Thoughts on Lines for this weekend?

I like the enthusiasim but do we really think that will be the line? I think he and Vande would be great together, but I just don't think breaking up one of the only consistent producing pairs (Malone and Trupp) is a good thing. I don't think Vande would fit in well with Malone either.

I've put out a couple options, but they are for after Kristo gets back and after Darcy gets healthy. I agree with keeping Malone and Trupp together. For this weekend maybe:

VV with Gregoire and Hexy

Malone with Trupp and Toews

Rowney with Mario and Davidson

Knight with Cichy and Frattin

I see Frattin moving up the depth chart, but I think that part of the statement will be skating him on the fourth line this weekend.

Sorry to confuse you. I didn't mean to suggest this would be a line. I merely meant that (from what I hear) these guys get along well and push each other to play hard, all the time. I'm hoping having Frattin back will spark everyone again and get them fired up like last season. That's all. Certainly breaking up Malone and Trupp would not be a good decision. However, I wouldn't mind seeing Trupp and Frattin play on a line again...judging from the past, they seem to compliment each other very well.

I would say yes and no. Definitely desperate times right now with the Sioux team calls for desperate measures.

This is not a move of desperation, I am not sure how people can come to this conclusion, UND is 9-6-3 and sitting around 11th in the PWR how does that make this a desperate time. The Sioux are sitting well right now. If anything it would be a calculated decision for Coach Hastily. In desperate time people would make irrational decisions.

Dear Matt,

The mistakes concern me.

What comes after the mistakes is what I'm interested in.

So far, you've regained some of Coach Hakstol's confidence and trust.

Don't let him or your teammates down.

And don't let yourself down.

You'll win, but you'll have to be willing to battle every day.

Chris hating on UND again. Color me surprised.

I missed this over the holidays, but lawn-mower-throwing/drunk drivering Matt Frattin is back with North Dakota. Back in August, the plan was to review Frattin's situation prior to the start of next year, but I guess a couple December losses helped change Dave Hakstol's mind.