SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs GOPHERS - ROUND 2

AZSIOUX

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game was just like the game last year in New Hampshire. We would outplay them and then a D breakdown and a goal. This game should not have been a tie we should have taken care of business in the 2nd. Oh well it is just the first series and its a marathon not a sprint.

This game was just like the game last year in New Hampshire. We would outplay them and then a D breakdown and a goal. This game should not have been a tie we should have taken care of business in the 2nd. Oh well it is just the first series and its a marathon not a sprint.

I didn't see it as a "D breakdown" throughout the entire game. The Gophers came with a lot more intensity tonight. Last night, the Sioux looked like studs, but it's because the Gophers looked so lousy. Tonight, the Gophers got their act together and played a tough game. A part of me is happy it turned out that way. Let the freshman know that the WCHA is a tough place to play, and you have to play every shift. Not saying freshman didn't play every shift, but it's something they need to see. The Gophers had all the momentum to put it away in the last 2 minutes, but that post on Eidsness side came in pretty damn handy! I'll take the tie. :silly:

Good test for a fairly young Sioux team. The gophs turned up the intensity and there was some adversity to manage. Did ok, not great. Too many turnovers or poor clearing attempts in their own zone, especially noticed in the first period.

I thought the gophs were lucky the Sioux didn't pot a couple of fairly open chances early but that seemed to even out near the end of the game.

While I wanted a sweep, especially after last night the silver lining for me is that the team had a real dog fight here and the young guys learned that nothing will be easy.

PP has been fairly effective.

I was making meatballs while watching the game so didn't watch terribly closely, but it seemed like I rarely saw the 4th line. Did I just overlook them?

Agreed on all counts.

Hakstol shortened the bench after the 3rd UMN goal. I don't think the 4th line went back out on the ice the rest of the game.

I'm sorry, but watching FSN tonight, I'm totally distracted by Gorg. Anyone want to start a pool on when the pressure on buttons on his suit jacket will send them flying at the camera? I'm wondering how he even got that thing buttoned. He looks like he's in a sausage casing.

Oh my God that is funny. :silly:

I didn't see it as a "D breakdown" throughout the entire game. The Gophers came with a lot more intensity tonight. Last night, the Sioux looked like studs, but it's because the Gophers looked so lousy. Tonight, the Gophers got their act together and played a tough game. A part of me is happy it turned out that way. Let the freshman know that the WCHA is a tough place to play, and you have to play every shift. Not saying freshman didn't play every shift, but it's something they need to see. The Gophers had all the momentum to put it away in the last 2 minutes, but that post on Eidsness side came in pretty damn handy! I'll take the tie. :silly:

I think if the Sioux had moved their feet all night they would have won, they came out a little flat and played not to lose.

The gophers had 2 2 on 1's and that was a D breakdown . We dominate the second but it was 2-2. They need to finish their chances, yes Minn came out a lot better but at one time were outshot 23-11. Paterson was the difference I thought and he is a lot better than Kangas. It was just like with Houser he suck against us and Lucia seeing that used Weber. Same thing happened tonight. The series in Jan will be awesome!!

It's 4am, just got done watching the game (had to work all night)...

One word ---> WOW!

A win would have been awesome, but I'll take one point and run after tonight. Not saying the Sioux played bad, but the game literally could have gone either way. It was actually a pleasure to watch a decent hockey game between these two again (but if the Sioux want to stick it to the Gophs anytime soon, I'm all for it as well :silly: )

The series is over, all focus goes to Alaska...let's bring it again, no weekends off at all this year.

I think Kristo has lots of talent, but he has to learn that he doesn't have to shoot the puck every time he touches it in the offensive end. His poor shot and subsequent getting caught below the puck off the glass on the PP lead directly to the shorty.

UM was much better than Fri. and we were more careless with the puck. Eids made some great saves but seemed out of position much more last night.

Vandy's line was better than some are giving them credit for this weekend...he had lots of chances. Just didn't cash in.

Zajac and Malone are so strong up the middle. Their lines will continue to get better and better. Malone was looking to dismantle 'lil tDon during the scrum. But as usually Toni didn't want any of that action!

Was disappointed with Cichy this weekend...was expecting more from him after watching him last weekend.

After watching this team over the first 4 games, I really like what we got!!!

Overall it was a fun game to be at. Atmosphere and crowd energy was great!

I think Kristo has lots of talent, but he has to learn that he doesn't have to shoot the puck every time he touches it in the offensive end. His poor shot and subsequent getting caught below the puck off the glass on the PP lead directly to the shorty.

UM was much better than Fri. and we were more careless with the puck. Eids made some great saves but seemed out of position much more last night.

Vandy's line was better than some are giving them credit for this weekend...he had lots of chances. Just didn't cash in.

Zajac and Malone are so strong up the middle. Their lines will continue to get better and better. Malone was looking to dismantle 'lil tDon during the scrum. But as usually Toni didn't want any of that action!

Was disappointed with Cichy this weekend...was expecting more from him after watching him last weekend.

After watching this team over the first 4 games, I really like what we got!!!

Overall it was a fun game to be at. Atmosphere and crowd energy was great!

Tony Lucia is a pansy that likes to pick on people smaller than him and can't man up when he gets called out for it.

Vandy's line had some chances, but there were some other aspects that they did not play that well. They gave up the puck too much for my taste.

god that was a fun game last night. wow it had a great pace. gophers came out and played hard for a full game. nice to see coming off their last 3 games in grand forks. the sioux just had some sloppy momments with the puck noted by hak as well but oh well. great goal late to get the tie and the point. great play by marto to save the game with that open net. grand forks was great once again. met some great sioux fans again. go sioux next weekend!!

I'll take the result as the way played played defensively in our own zone tonight in the 3rd we should have lost. however there will be a lot to work on and it is better to build on those things without a loss. was it just me or did we look gassed(sp) in the final minutes?

I think one major plus was that they defense kept Jordan Schroeder off of the score sheet this weekend.
I noticed him the first period of friday nights game but after that he was a non factor.Pre season pick to be WCHA player of the year? Not after this weekend.

god that was a fun game last night. wow it had a great pace. gophers came out and played hard for a full game. nice to see coming off their last 3 games in grand forks. the sioux just had some sloppy momments with the puck noted by hak as well but oh well. great goal late to get the tie and the point. great play by marto to save the game with that open net. grand forks was great once again. met some great sioux fans again. go sioux next weekend!!
It was nice to finally meet you saturday AZSIOUX.Next time we will have to find time for a beer.