SiouxSports.com Forum

INCH's top 10 for 09-10

Big A HG

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They do certainly have a thing for Fairchild don't they? :)

Them putting BU at #3 and SCSU at #10 is quite humorous. :D

I don't get it, I thought the kid was a pylon this past season and he didn't look good for team USA at the WJC either.

This just proves my argument that the best kids in USA hockey aren't playing for the WJC team.

OK, so we

I think Minnesota will be better with the addition of Leddy, but I hardly think that Fairchild warrants the "exceptional" adjective up to this point. It's really not anything to get worked up about, as the powers that be aren't any smarter in prognostication as anybody else. In fact, they are probably worse, as they had the Sioux as a seventh place finisher in the league last year.

Did you back up and run into him again?

And again.

And again.

:D

Nah! But I have to admit that his first impression wasn't all that good. I found the WCHA officials to be more approachable than Meyers.

Nah! But I have to admit that his first impression wasn't all that good. I found the WCHA officials to be more approachable than Meyers.

INCH is a total joke and we all know it. I see Leddy struggling like Ness did as a freshman and Fairchild sucks.

Assuming they can put behind them the visage of the final minute of last month's NCAA title game, the RedHawks should enter the 2009-10 season as a prohibitive favorite to return to the Frozen Four. Of the nine players who scored 20 or more points for Miami last season, seven return, led by the prolific Camper. The RedHawks also bring back five of their six defensemen as well as goaltenders Reichard and Knapp, who split time last season before Reichard seized the starting gig for the NCAA Tournament.

Shall we parse that?

Let's.

Of the nine players who scored 20 or more points for Miami last season, seven return, led by the prolific Camper.

Miami's next three guys were 12, 9, and 9 points.

Alternatively, UND had ten players who scored 20 or more points, six return, including second in team scoring Chris Vande Velde.

UND's next three guys were 17, 17, and 17 points.

UND returns four defensemen who saw extensive time (30 plus games each) plus Corey Fienhage (9 games).

And UND returns Brad Eidsness in goal.

Miami's credentials: Good for #1.

UND credentials: Not even a mention.

No worries. I like "under the radar". :D

I just read the 10 for 10 teams thing again, and I had to laugh when they said Kangas, when he is on his game can be a difference maker. Can't that be said of any goalie when he is on his game? The problem is that he has been off his game for half of his career almost from confidence issues or what not. I would think that if they are making predictions, they would take into consideration consistency of performance over the season. It seems to me that they are grasping for things to warrant Minnesota's inclusion near the top. Granted, Minnesota has some key players, but they had those players last year too, including two they list as Hobey candidates.

I just read the 10 for 10 teams thing again, and I had to laugh when they said Kangas, when he is on his game can be a difference maker. Can't that be said of any goalie when he is on his game? The problem is that he has been off his game for half of his career almost from confidence issues or what not. I would think that if they are making predictions, they would take into consideration consistency of performance over the season. It seems to me that they are grasping for things to warrant Minnesota's inclusion near the top. Granted, Minnesota has some key players, but they had those players last year too, including two they list as Hobey candidates.

But only one of them is a legit Hobey candidate. :D

Fairchild certainly could develop into a Hobey candidate, but that is my point, that they are projecting pretty liberally. They could be right in the end, but it may take those liberal projections and a few more surprises to do it. The lower end of the top ten would be more realistic, but who knows. The Sioux need some things to go right themselves to be contenders, and perhaps a few surprises.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the latest from INCH I was thinking about that UND is going to be flying under the radar this season after winning the MacNaughton Cup last season. No offense to Denver fans but I am not impressed with Cheverie as a goaltender, I still think he is there weak leak. Except for Wiercioch who is a great and up and coming player I like our players just as well as their.

8. Which WCHA team will make it back to the Frozen after such a long (and enjoyable) absence?

OK, so it