SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Hockey via Satellite

best0186

Directv is really ticking me off!! All the games are on tv but this weekend because of band with?? WTF?? really?? I think I am going to dump them becasuse can not count on them.

This will cost them money and save me some. I will be dropping the sports pack next fall and re-installing my FTA system.

I love DirecTV, but since Fox College Sports is a CABLE service first I've always kept my FTA system ready. In fact, this year I've been watching on FTA for the superior picture and relying on my DirecTV for backup.

I am considering getting a FTA at the hunting shack. Is there much on those anymore?

I am considering getting a FTA at the hunting shack. Is there much on those anymore?

I only use mine for FSSN broadcasts so I don't really know. From what I've seen you can get some occasional sports and a lot of news feeds, but I'm not sure I would rely on it as my sole source of TV entertainment. Of course...if you only need it for Sioux games during hunting season you'd be set - especially considering they may only be available nationally on FTA due to the upcoming TV deal with the NCHC. It's a good thing we have a year and a half to get this figured out!

I only use mine for FSSN broadcasts so I don't really know. From what I've seen you can get some occasional sports and a lot of news feeds, but I'm not sure I would rely on it as my sole source of TV entertainment. Of course...if you only need it for Sioux games during hunting season you'd be set - especially considering they may only be available nationally on FTA due to the upcoming TV deal with the NCHC. It's a good thing we have a year and a half to get this figured out!

Do we know for sure all the home games will still be available over FTA? I suppose if WDAZ is still producing them for local broadcasting that means the feed would be there, but if UNDSN no longer exists, then will the game actually get uplinked to the satellite for us to pick up?

Do we know for sure all the home games will still be available over FTA? I suppose if WDAZ is still producing them for local broadcasting that means the feed would be there, but if UNDSN no longer exists, then will the game actually get uplinked to the satellite for us to pick up?

No...we don't know for sure...keyword "may" only be available. ;) Lots of time before this is an issue, though, so hopefully something gets worked out.

SNR 71%

dB 11.40

AGC: 26%

On the Dreambox DM800se

On this receiver SD looks like HD, HD looks like looking out a window : )

You can stream the video to Android or Iphone, and even to a PC

For example if you give someone your Dreambox's IP address they can enter it in a search engine and watch the same thing! I think I will start my own IPTV company! Ok maybe not, but its possible!

SNR 71%

dB 11.40

On the Dreambox DM800se

For example if you give someone your Dreambox's IP address they can enter it in a search engine and watch the same thing! I think I will start my own IPTV company! Ok maybe not, but its possible!

Hey Pete, Im having issues with my traxis receiver. I'm getting nothing when doing an auto scan on any satellite. i replaced the cable from the dish to ny receiver and still nothing?

Yes its 3G I use, there is a lag of course but what the hey, and the vplayer I use on the phone stops now and then to post an ad, you buy a pay version with no ad.

There is also a signal meter for it for smart phones...

430162_3422135553774_1281765152_3540311_118434413_n.jpg

Does this receiver pick up other channels in hd with a 90cm dish? If the sioux remain on fta next season i might just need to invest in one of these and a motor.

SNR 71%

dB 11.40

On the Dreambox DM800se

With the dreambox?

Jake uses the Traxis, but what a great signal!

Yep, they are going out with a bang this season! Lets hope (There is a) next season they start with the same signal : )

The good thing about next season is.... if a few of us have a Dreambox, as long as one of us gets the game we can stream to each other ; )

For some weird reason, it hasn't been showing up on Fox College Sports on Directv lately. I've sent out a few emails to figure out what's going on.

Just last night and tonight, from what I've heard. DirecTV said they didn't have the bandwith to show the games this weekend.