SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Hockey via Satellite

best0186

Christmas is coming up and I need something to ask for from the wife. I am interested in the FTA dishes, but need somebody to explain it to me. I know I would need a dish and receiver, but what do you get with it? Is it easy to set up? What does a good system cost? Most importantly, is it worth it; as in how many channels do you receive with them. How many sports channels? Do you get alot of football games on sunday? Can you pick up college games from all over the place? How many channels can you pick up on the average night? I would really appreciate it if somebody would take the time to give me a good detailed answer, as the Christmas time is the only time that the wife would allow me at acquire such an item.

Christmas is coming up and I need something to ask for from the wife. I am interested in the FTA dishes, but need somebody to explain it to me. I know I would need a dish and receiver, but what do you get with it? Is it easy to set up? What does a good system cost? Most importantly, is it worth it; as in how many channels do you receive with them. How many sports channels? Do you get alot of football games on sunday? Can you pick up college games from all over the place? How many channels can you pick up on the average night? I would really appreciate it if somebody would take the time to give me a good detailed answer, as the Christmas time is the only time that the wife would allow me at acquire such an item.

Your one stop shop is at: http://www.psbsatellite.com/

• Upvote 1

Hi,

You need at least a 30" satellite dish for FTA, I would now say you need a 90cm dish for Sioux games. You also need a Linear LNB and DVB Satellite receiver, and of course the RG6 Coax cable to hook it up, This should cost you around $190 But buying a FTA Satellite System without a motor is a bit like buying a car without wheels : ) A motor will set you back around $70 more.

Setup is a wee bit tougher than say a DirecTV install, but MANY here have done it. We can help every step of the way on the SatellitePlus.US forum

On one Satellite alone there are around 200 channels from around the world. No Sunday footbal games but lots and lots of sports feeds, mainly college. The History channel is even FTA right now (101w)

Lots of LIVE news feeds and events. You just never know what you will scan in.

Its well woth the price for just the Sioux home games to me, the rest is the icing on the FTA cake : )

Keep the questions coming here or on my forum!

Hi,

You need at least a 30" satellite dish for FTA, I would now say you need a 90cm dish for Sioux games. You also need a Linear LNB and DVB Satellite receiver, and of course the RG6 Coax cable to hook it up, This should cost you around $190 But buying a FTA Satellite System without a motor is a bit like buying a car without wheels : ) A motor will set you back around $70 more.

Setup is a wee bit tougher than say a DirecTV install, but MANY here have done it. We can help every step of the way on the SatellitePlus.US forum

On one Satellite alone there are around 200 channels from around the world. No Sunday footbal games but lots and lots of sports feeds, mainly college. The History channel is even FTA right now (101w)

Its well woth the price for just the Sioux home games to me, the rest is the icing on the FTA cake : )

Thanks for the info.

Hi,

What does it cost to have one installed?

I highly recommend PSB for the fta system. I have the 90 cm dish with the traxis 4500 receiver myself strictly for sioux games. PSB has given excellent customer service and picture quality is much better on fta over fcs.

Thanks, yes 90cm dish only for Sioux games, they cost the same as a 30" now anyway : )

For example yesterday ALL the FCS games were on. Most Saturdays this past fall there were 3 Big Sky games on.