SiouxSports.com Forum

2009-2010 Road Trip Planning

01grad

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What can people tell me about the trip to Mariucci? What section do they put Sioux fans in? Has anyone done the standing room only thing? Is it easy to just sneak down and sit in some season ticket holder's empty seats?

Any info would help.

Standing rooms at The John are great. Railing at the top of the seats. Great view. Get there early for Sioux games to stake out a spot. They are not reserved.

You can move into open seats, and only need give them up to actual ticketholders.

Don't think that they put the Sioux fans in any particular section. Unless you have a thick skin, avoid the student sections. They are listed on the arena map at GopherSports.com.

It is a blast, Sioux fans will come close to outnumbering Gopher fans so you will be in good and safe company so long as you do not cross the so-called line of hockey fan etiquette being bantered elsewhere on this board.

What can people tell me about the trip to Mariucci? What section do they put Sioux fans in? Has anyone done the standing room only thing? Is it easy to just sneak down and sit in some season ticket holder's empty seats?

Any info would help.

Both of the two student sections are general admission so its pretty easy to sit there. the student section by the band fills up, however the student section on the opposite (East) end is mostly empty seeing as students don't show up until sometime into the 2nd period and hardly ever fills up. If you do standing room only I'd recommend showing up early.

Any info would help.

I'm thinking of going also since i've never been there.....my cousin has a couple extra tix in sec. 4

I have gone to the John the last 4 years and every year order standing room only seats and am successful getting tickets every year. Get there early to stake out your spot on the rail. This year I am taking my whole family on friday night as I have secured 7 tickets for Friday night. It is always a good time and I have to say we have never had a problem with obnoxious goofer fans when we go there.

I guess i gotta adjust my game plan then......any good pre/post game bars close by?

There's a ton....how old are you though?

Shoot me a PM if anyone has any questions, I live basically right by Mariucci and can help you out.

EDIT: I only ask your age to find a good fit for bars for you

I guess i gotta adjust my game plan then......any good pre/post game bars close by?

Sallys, Stub and Herbs, The Library. Library is a better Post-game spot and you if go there hit up Burrito Loco at closing time which is right next door, AWESOME burritos. Sallys and Stub and Herbs are the big pre-game bars, both have pretty decent food. Sallys wait staff are "easy on the eyes." The Big 10 is down the street from Sallys, they have good wings and awesome sub sandwiches.

i will be with people that are 30ish to 45ish that like to have a good time

I'd say your best bets would be Sallys or Stub and Herbs....both right in Stadium village on Washington Ave, a short 5 minute walk from Mariucci. Library is a fun time, and so is Blarneys but those are both in Dinkytown and it's mostly college-aged people.

There's a ton....how old are you though?

Shoot me a PM if anyone has any questions, I live basically right by Mariucci and can help you out.

EDIT: I only ask your age to find a good fit for bars for you underage Gopher hockey players.

Fixed your post. :ohmy:

• 2 weeks later...