SiouxSports.com Forum

2009-2010 Road Trip Planning

01grad

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Fair enough. I did emphasize this in my initial post.........even so, it is baffling that UND would get so much credit for being a 9-6-3 team. And no team should get "handicap points" for having one of their players injured. Should OU be a top-ten team in college football because they lost Sam Bradford early in the season? Surely, OU would have won more games with Bradford behind center.......but polls shouldn't be based on speculation or "what ifs." They should be

You seem to be missing the point the WCHA is the best conference top to bottom in college hockey and is most seasons. This season UND's strength of schedule is 5th yours is what? 40th... That speaks volumns. You seem to be missing the point our teams don't get easy games against patsy EZAC teams lije SLU, Darthmouth, RPI, Brown. You do. I would be willing to be if you had to play a full season of games against our league you would be on par with a SCSU.

You seem to be missing the point the WCHA is the best conference top to bottom in college hockey and is most seasons. This season UND's strength of schedule is 5th yours is what? 40th... That speaks volumns. You seem to be missing the point our teams don't get easy games against patsy EZAC teams lije SLU, Darthmouth, RPI, Brown. You do. I would be willing to be if you had to play a full season of games against our league you would be on par with a SCSU.

My original point was that UND is overrated and should be ranked between 10-15. Looking at the RPI on SiouxSports.com, UND is 12th in the country. Wisconsin, BC, UMD and Michigan State are all ahead of UND.......those were the teams that I argued should be ranked higher than UND in the polls. As for Cornell, they may be a little overrated like they were at this point last season.......or they may be perfectly legit. We'll have to see how they fare in their upcoming OOC games in the Florida College Classic and then against UNH and UND. Although Cornell's schedule thus far hasn't been anything to write home about, they haven't disappointed as evidenced by their 7-2-2 record. For them, it is a little too early to gauge their place in the college hockey world because they haven't faced any premier college hockey teams (BU doesn't count because they lost some key seniors after winning the national championship last year). UND, however, has proven to be slightly above-average.......that isn't good enough to be ranked as high as 5th-6th in the country. Maybe 5th or 6th in their own league, but not 5th or 6th in the entire country.

Why do Cornell fans get so worked up over polls?

because its the only chance they have to be atop the college hockey world :huh: i think cornell is a solid team this year, i love the riley nash kid, great combo of skill and size, but if we're trying to compare teams, which is think is what we are doing here, und is a better team than cornell, even with the current rough patch. although i do agree that we shouldn't be ranked 5th or 6th, who cares, it's just the polls, it means nothing.

although i do agree that we shouldn't be ranked 5th or 6th, who cares, it's just the polls, it means nothing.

I don't think UND is 5th or 6th right now but the polls are nothing more than fun things to read. The ranking that matters the most, the PWR has UND ranked 12th and Cornell ranked 16th.

because its the only chance they have to be atop the college hockey world :huh: i think cornell is a solid team this year, i love the riley nash kid, great combo of skill and size, but if we're trying to compare teams, which is think is what we are doing here, und is a better team than cornell, even with the current rough patch. although i do agree that we shouldn't be ranked 5th or 6th, who cares, it's just the polls, it means nothing.

FWIW, I would have Cornell barely in the top-ten and UND between 10-15. That will, of course, change depending on how the Big Red fare against the big boys.

The polls may not mean much in the early months, but come NCAA tourney selection time, they could influence who gets at-large bids and who sits home.

FWIW, I would have Cornell barely in the top-ten and UND between 10-15. That will, of course, change depending on how the Big Red fare against the big boys.

The polls may not mean much in the early months, but come NCAA tourney selection time, they could influence who gets at-large bids and who sits home.

no, its based on the pwr rankings, the polls dont influence any at large bids

• 1 month later...
How many SSers will be at the SCSU series over V-Day weekend? I'll be there with a group of friends. Hope to see lots of Sioux in attendance :ohmy:

Well I bought 2 tix for the Saturday night game, but my travel partner made other plans since.

I can't get off work for Friday game, so Sat- down and back from Fargo area- was the plan.

So I need to find another travel partner for Sat, or unload 2 tix...

How many SSers will be at the SCSU series over V-Day weekend? I'll be there with a group of friends. Hope to see lots of Sioux in attendance :huh:

I'm going to the Saturday game! I'm taking my Dad since my other friend bailed. He hasn't been to a game since Gwoz's walk across the ice, so he's excited :ohmy:

How many SSers will be at the SCSU series over V-Day weekend? I'll be there with a group of friends. Hope to see lots of Sioux in attendance :ohmy:

There is a good chance that me and Sioux7 might be there for Saturday's game.

I am already in for Saturday and am thinking about Friday if I can find a reasonably priced hotel.

Here is the phone number to the husky hockey ticket office. 877-727-8849 also, sounds like 208 is the section Sioux fans are sitting in.

I will have a group of around 30 in St. Cloud on February 12th and 13th. I would encourage all of you to attend the Center Ice Club fan social on Saturday, February 13th in the afternoon. I will post a link and complete information when Bill Prout (Center Ice Club president) sends them to me.

Dave

I will have a group of around 30 in St. Cloud on February 12th and 13th. I would encourage all of you to attend the Center Ice Club fan social on Saturday, February 13th in the afternoon. I will post a link and complete information when Bill Prout (Center Ice Club president) sends them to me.

Dave

Sweet, will there be a bus to take us to the game after?