SiouxSports.com Forum

THANK YOU SENIORS

Hambone

Ditto! Thanks to all the seniors who had a tremendous four years!

Duncan-I'll miss him scoring from his spot...

Walski-Never complained about not playing....just filled his role.

Miller-Did what the team needed when we were short on d.

Kozek-The game winner in Wisconsin last year was thrilling.

Martens-A great job with Brad Miller Time.

Finley-I guess I've given him a lot of criticism, but he had a great career.

Jones-I really going to miss him going nuts on guys in the corner....gosh that was great to watch...

Watkins-Tough to end the season with an injury and a loss, but boy could he grow a playoff beard.

The sting of the loss hurts right now, but there are bigger things in life than hockey, and I'm sure all of these guys will be successful wherever they're at.

Thank you, seniors, for wearing the Sioux crest with pride and class. I know you've created bonds with your teammates that will last a lifetime. Cherish the memories. It's been a helluva ride.

Wherever you go from here, may the road always rise up to meet you and may the wind always be at your back.

This class of seniors was truly unique. Not just the three Frozen Four appearances, but to see a class of Seniors consisting of more than 3 or 4 seems to be an anomaly in college hockey today. They have worn the Sioux crest and served it proud. Thanks for the great memories and adding to the legacy of University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux hockey. Best wishes to them all in their future endeavors.

Thank you seniors for the numerous hours you spent in the weightroom, off season training, and hard work on the ice. I'm proud of you for the leadership this year and for leaving your legacy of hanging a WCHA banner in the REA. You gave us many great memories.

Thank you seniors.

Thank you Watkins for your hard work and heart.

Thank you Kozek for providing me with some unbelievable memories and goals. Just for reminiscing sake: I remember a game (IIRC Kozek was a freshman) against MTU where you absolutely crushed big 6'6 John Scott against the boards, calmly skated out to between the dots and scored a sniper goal. Simply awesome.

Thank you Walski for being another example of a great teammate much like the Lee Marvins or Scott Foyts. Never really stuck as far as playing time, you served to make Eidsness and JPL even better shouldering the load.

Thank you Finley for being a big presence on the ice. For being big. For giving the haters someone to focus their attention on (:(). I'll miss you the most because you are so consistent and very noticeable when you're unable to play.

Thank you Jones for being the unheard, unmentioned rock on the blue line.

Thank you Miller for being huge off the ice and making it translate onto the ice. Your flexibility and teamwork ability is what the logo is all about.

Thank you Duncan for your leadership. Your "spot" in the circle will never look the same without you sniping away.

Thank you Martens for being a great all around influence. Your hard work and determination was inspirational.

These boys are the greatest! I will miss each of them in their own way.

Wals - You never got much playing time and I think that you never got a real chance with some people due to your game from high school. You were always nice to everyone and I will miss your quiet support of your teammates.

Marty - You worked hard even at the beginning when you weren't getting much playing time. You are a hard worker and a great guy. I will miss your smile during the games and your long flowing locks from this year! :(

Millsy - I love the show MAN! You took the move from forward to defense without complaint because you always wanted to do what was best for the team. This year's class would not have been the same without you in it!

Jonesy - Man, am I going to miss those rage black outs! You consistently play with all your heart and that is what makes it so much fun to watch you! I was so happy when you finally got that elusive goal this year! Say hi to Matt and have fun, try to control that temper like you have these past two years.

Watty - Watty! What can I say? You like the rest of our seniors play with all your heart and supported your teammates no matter what. You are a great assistant captain and an all-around good guy! Good Luck in the future!

Kozie - SNIPER! I will never forget your shot even though we yelled at you to shoot it more often! You are a nice, great guy and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Good Luck with the Thrashers, tell Kaiper hi! Show um how to play hockey North Dakota style!

Fins - My jolly green giant! I will miss your height and your smile during games. You are a good hockey player, despite all the haters. Good Luck with the Caps! Show um how to play hockey North Dakota style! Oh, thanks for standing up to take the picture with us last year even though you didn't want to.

Duncs - You are a great hockey player! My memories of you are many! From your moves on the ice to your speech at the Hobey Ceremony...I too wish that you could have been there with your teammates to win a NC the next day. You are a great guy and a great captain. Thank you for always staying at Meet the Sioux events until the very last person got to see you. Good-bye Captain Hobey Baker!

Duncan, Finley, Kozek, Jones, Watkins, Miller, Martens and Walski:

Thank you for 4 seasons of Fighting Sioux hockey.

Good luck in your endeavors after college. Whether it be to continue playing hockey or starting a career non-hockey related.

Certainly am going to miss those guys...every one. Thanks, all of you, for the great memories. And yes, best wishes in your every future endeavor.

Thank you seniors...

Even though they never brought back the big hardware, this was an amazing group of guys that made for a lot of great memories on the ice. This was a very special group.

To those that stuck around:

Ryan Martens

Andrew Kozek

Matt Watkins

Zach Jones

Brad Miller

Ryan Duncan

Aaron Walski

Joe Finley

And to those who didn't:

Jonathan Toews

TJ Oshie

Brian Lee

Taylor Chorney

Todd Alexander

What a class...

congrats to these seniors for their 4 years of hard work and lots of success overall. would have loved to see them get that title but it just didnt happen. this was a gigantic freshman class when they all came in 4 years ago and the class dwindled year by year with the top draft picks signing but this group was a main reason they battled and won that macnaughton. best of luck to all in whatever they end up doing if its hockey or other ventures. GO SIOUX