SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs CC

AZSIOUX

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

W00T!! Great win for the Sioux. At minimum need at least a split in Wisconsin to retain sole possession of first place!

Also it looked like Gregoire had a sling for one of his arms? I dunno I thought it was him when they showed the players walking into the locker room and the scratched players were congratulating the team as they walked down the hallway.

My two game headlines and sub-headlines:

Saturday:

UND EKES OUT TIE: Plays well at times but CC almost edges Sioux anyways

Sunday:

UND ESCAPES WITH WIN: Zajac OT goal edges Tigers

Seriously, Eidsness was huge, but my Sunday POTG is Zajac. He had a huge weekend even though Hextall out scored him.

Folks, if TH is right and this is what playoff hockey is truly going to be like we're in trouble.

They converted on nearly 35% of their PP and they were something like 2 for 6 today. That doesn't look too bad, but 2 of their PPs were negated by CC penalties.

That's awful.

We don't shoot enough on the powerplay when we do have them, even though Brad Schlossman is correct that you can't just blast away if you don't have a lane. HOWEVER, if you pass yourselves into the next century, you'll get your first shot in the closing seconds of the PP if at all. You RARELY score goals off the pass. Passes can set up goals, but you have to shoot the puck to score.

This is the second week in a row that we've looked dominant one minute and atrocious the next.

Also, 2nd periods have been just brutal.

Need to fix that. FAST.

Good win, but not very satisfying to me.

Don't forget that CC is very, very talented. They played well this weekend. They were expected to win the WCHA and contend for an NCAA title. All things considered, I am happy with the win.

We're not going to dominate a playoff caliber team in a playopff type situation.

Saturday:

Sunday:

Seriously, Eidsness was huge, but my Sunday POTG is Zajac. He had a huge weekend even though Hextall out scored him.

Folks, if TH is right and this is what playoff hockey is truly going to be like we're in trouble.

They converted on nearly 35% of their PP and they were something like 2 for 6 today. That doesn't look too bad, but 2 of their PPs were negated by CC penalties.

That's awful.

We don't shoot enough on the powerplay when we do have them, even though Brad Schlossman is correct that you can't just blast away if you don't have a lane. HOWEVER, if you pass yourselves into the next century, you'll get your first shot in the closing seconds of the PP if at all. You RARELY score goals off the pass. Passes can set up goals, but you have to shoot the puck to score.

This is the second week in a row that we've looked dominant one minute and atrocious the next.

Need to fix that. FAST.

:(

I thought it was a hard fought series. CC is friggin' good. While I agree our PP sucks, CC's PK is pretty damn good to.

I'm satisfied.

Don't forget that CC is very, very talented. They played well this weekend. They were expected to win the WCHA and contend for an NCAA title. All things considered, I am happy with the win.

We're not going to dominate a playoff caliber team in a playopff type situation.

True enough.

Just seemed like we eked out the win today by getting lucky.

Awesome win. I will have the GWG and senior skate posted later if someone else doesn't beat me to it. I loved seeing the senior skate to Marty's slideshow...the underclassmen on the bench watching...LaPoint watching on his crutches...couldn't have scripted it any better.

That would be awesome.

Many thanks!

True enough.

Just seemed like we eked out the win today by getting lucky.

The depth of this team showed this weekend - certainly when you compare it to CC who got the bulk of their scoring from their top line. That was the main positive I took away.

Huge win - nice character showed by the team. We need to take a lesson from this game into the playoffs - when we play defensively and go into a shell, we almost always lose ground. As soon as they tied it up we started attacking again and won. Our natural state is not defensive hockey - playing not to lose with a 1 or 2 goal lead just loses us momentum. Thankfully we were able to pick it up tonight.

Although Bachman looked good, is there any goalie we cant score on in the second half of the season - again attacking hockey is the way to go.

Saturday:

Sunday:

That's awful.

Need to fix that. FAST.

I wasn't very satisfied either. I think the sioux should win by at least 5 goals a night, never lose a game, and never take a penalty.

Saturday:

Sunday:

That's awful.

Need to fix that. FAST.

OK. CC looked pretty good, Yeah we didnt play well at times but we found a way to get three points out of the weekend. We can win the WCHA next week..... Calm Down. The sky isn't falling!!!!