SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ UAA

AZSIOUX

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hak had Finley out on the PP after Lapoint went down, but that may have just been a quick game decision. We may see someone else out there next weekend.

i think you have genoway, miller and marto running the point for sure... also martens logged alot of pp time on the point. i love big joe... not sure if the pp is his strong suit.

i think you have genoway, miller and marto running the point for sure... also martens logged alot of pp time on the point. i love big joe... not sure if the pp is his strong suit.

Joe isn't going to cruise all around the ice, but he's a heck of a passer when he's playing confident. He has the best long outlet pass on the team.

I think they moved Martens up to Hextall's forward spot on the PP, so they needed someone to fill Martens' PP point spot. Personally, I hope they move Martens back to the point and find another forward for Hextall's spot.

I think they moved Martens up to Hextall's forward spot on the PP, so they needed someone to fill Martens' PP point spot. Personally, I hope they move Martens back to the point and find another forward for Hextall's spot.

i thought i saw toews on hextall's PP spot... but i don't remember ;)

Martens was on the point for the PP both games. After giving up so many odd man rushes and not being able to hold the zone he didn't play on point on the PP the second half of the game . That's my belief.

These are the type of series that I hate. A sweep doesn't help us a great deal in the Pairwise but obviously helps in the WCHA standings whereas any loss drops us quite a bit in the Pairwise. I'm sure Jim will have his Pairwise projector up again later this week and it will be interesting to see. Obviously, it would be easiest if we just sweep.

These are the type of series that I hate. A sweep doesn't help us a great deal in the Pairwise but obviously helps in the WCHA standings whereas any loss drops us quite a bit in the Pairwise. I'm sure Jim will have his Pairwise projector up again later this week and it will be interesting to see. Obviously, it would be easiest if we just sweep.

a loss will hurt in the pairwise as our rpi will take a hit and that is what we need to flip some comparisons is as high an rpi as possible.

A sweep and a split by CC and Minnesota I believe would secure home ice for the Sioux, but I'm still hoping the Sioux sweep and CC sweeps.

That is great but I think the boys have there sites aimed a little higher than home ice at this point! We really need Jones this weekend. He adds a physical presence that will be much needed for those muckers in Anchorage! A sweep this weekend would be huge as that would put alot of pressure on DU and UW down the stretch. It would be great to have a 3-4 point lead on Bucky coming into the final weekend of the season.

That is great but I think the boys have there sites aimed a little higher than home ice at this point! We really need Jones this weekend. He adds a physical presence that will be much needed for those muckers in Anchorage! A sweep this weekend would be huge as that would put alot of pressure on DU and UW down the stretch. It would be great to have a 3-4 point lead on Bucky coming into the final weekend of the season.

I think we need to be ahead of the BADgers going into the last weekend. Make it so we win the regular season with a split.

and i believe its free so thats great

It is not as good as the UND one and I did watch a game on it the last time Grecio played for the Sioux in Alaska so that has to be

2 years ago? The SCSU game was ok, if you like watching games in empty hockey arenas. ;)

Maybe we can vote to see which is the worst away webcast, Choices could be: Harvard's empty arena and the no knowledge of hockey announcers, CC's scary Tiger head that appeared every few seconds, (still believe it was someone's screen saver that somehow got hooked up to the live feed.) Feel free to add to the list. I'll be taking a nap Friday afternoon and staying up for a Sioux victory on Friday night.

Maybe we can vote to see which is the worst away webcast, Choices could be: Harvard's empty arena and the no knowledge of hockey announcers, CC's scary Tiger head that appeared every few seconds, (still believe it was someone's screen saver that somehow got hooked up to the live feed.) Feel free to add to the list. I'll be taking a nap Friday afternoon and staying up for a Sioux victory on Friday night.

Sounds like an interesting blog post. ;)

You can watch the past UAA games archived on the site. Odd that the FSSN broadcasts when they were here last fall are archived there, for free. I believe you have to pay for those same broadcasts on the Sioux site. BTW, you'll need the real audio player to get the games this weekend.

Or, if you have a big dish and C band, you can apparently get these games on TV, so, sports bars may be an option for some.

a loss will hurt in the pairwise as our rpi will take a hit and that is what we need to flip some comparisons is as high an rpi as possible.

for sure. we cannot lose to uaa this weekend simply because of the rpi ranking. 3 points minimum. we will get 4 though