SiouxSports.com Forum

(PWR) PairWise Rankings - 2009

jimdahl

listened to Louie today...just another Gofer apologist and bobo...he went out of his way to question the Sioux's goaltending after only a 4-3 win on Saturday against Tech...When a caller reminded him that Eidsness only finished .00000000002 points back in the goalie race to Stalock, he and best buddy Barreiro acted like they never brought up the subject in the first place...bring back Dubay; at least he admitted when he was wrong...

There is nothing funnier than Gopher faithful questioning another WCHA team's goaltending. :lol:

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kangas is a playoff goalie, I'll take him over Eidsness in a heartbeat.

He better be 'cause we won't be facing the likes of Tech this weekend...6 goals against vs. them was absolutely pathetic. If the 'Dogs get 3 or more tomorrow, the Gophs season is done!

Kangas gave up 3 goals that game not 6, and only one was soft.

quick poll. when does kangas get pulled in the play-in game?

i'll take end of the second period :lol:

come on, even you goofs fan have to laugh, lucia has gotten a little trigger happy, which im sure helps when your goalie is a head case :sad: and like sieve said, only one was really special k's fault in that tech game, if lucia would have stuck with him, they may have pulled it out, as patterson let in some softies too.

don't get you panties in a bunch there puffy...

one, i dont really care about the facts of his case, i know he was arrested for illegal drugs which caused him to no longer be doing his hockey talk, which was the point i was making. the moniker i made was in jest, if you don't like it, tell puffy to stay off the dope.

two, why are you on here? your teams site is up and running i'm sure, go join in over there, im sure there must be a kangas for hobey thread by now after his impressive "win streak". no one is forcing you to be part of these discussions with a-holes such as myself.

Atleast we agree on something.

Atleast we agree on something.

that i am an a-hole or that you wear panties? :lol: lets say both and be done :sad: we could go back and forth all day. gotta love playoff hockey and the rivalries. still not sure why you are over here on our site, but it does make it fun. lets just hope your team is around long enough to enjoy it and make it even more fun.

Kangas is a playoff goalie, I'll take him over Eidsness in a heartbeat.

Conference tournaments are great fun for both players and fans, but most elite programs probably consider "playoffs" as beginning with the first game of the NCAAs. Teams would view the conf tourney as very important, if, for instance, they absolutely had to make a strong showing to even get in the "playoffs." What's really a shame is when an otherwise strong team has inconsistent goaltending during the regular season and never even gets to show off their playoff goaltender.

Kangas is very good--no doubt, and he did play in the playoffs last year, if I remember right. In his last game, he either wasn't such a playoff goaltender or his opponent was just a clearly superior team. I can't remember which.

uscho march 17 outlook - remember uscho uses the pairwise as it sits as of right now

USCHO

This Week's Brackets

Minneapolis

Miami vs. Denver

Minnesota vs. Northeastern

Grand Rapids

Minnesota-Duluth vs. Michigan

Princeton vs. North Dakota

Bridgeport

Air Force vs. Notre Dame

Vermont vs. Yale

Manchester

Bemidji State vs. Boston University

Cornell vs. New Hampshire

Conference Breakdown

HEA - 4

WCHA - 4

CCHA - 3

ECAC - 3

CHA - 1

AHA - 1

Moved In

Minnesota-Duluth

Moved Out

Ohio State

uscho march 17 outlook - remember uscho uses the pairwise as it sits as of right now

USCHO

This Week's Brackets

Minneapolis

Miami vs. Denver

Minnesota vs. Northeastern

Grand Rapids

Minnesota-Duluth vs. Michigan

Princeton vs. North Dakota

Bridgeport

Air Force vs. Notre Dame

Vermont vs. Yale

Manchester

Bemidji State vs. Boston University

Cornell vs. New Hampshire

Conference Breakdown

HEA - 4

WCHA - 4

CCHA - 3

ECAC - 3

CHA - 1

AHA - 1

Moved In

Minnesota-Duluth

Moved Out

Ohio State

I have yet to see a projection that has UND in a Bridgeport Regional.

Here is my latest bracket with UMD losing the play in games.

1 Boston University (BU)

2 Notre Dame (Nt)

3 Michigan (Mi)

4 North Dakota (ND)

5 Denver (DU)

6 Northeastern (NE)

7 Yale (Ya)

8t Vermont (Vt)

8t Cornell (Cr)

10 New Hampshire (NH)

11 Princeton (Pn)

12 Miami (Mm)

13t Minnesota (Mn)

13t Minnesota-Duluth (MD)

15t Wisconsin (Wi)

15t Ohio State (OS)

17 Boston College (BC)

18 St. Lawrence (SL)

19t Mass.-Lowell (ML)

19t Air Force (AF)

19t Colorado College (CC)

22t RIT (RT) 3 .5179

22t Northern Michigan (NM)

24 St. Cloud State (SC)

25 Alaska (Ak)

Kangas is very good--no doubt, and he did play in the playoffs last year, if I remember right. In his last game, he either wasn't such a playoff goaltender or his opponent was just a clearly superior team. I can't remember which.

His opponent had Gerbe on the roster and some bounces didn't go his way. That said I don't think players can hit a button and improve. Kangas has been bad most of the second half. Last weekend vs. SCSU he did better but I'd be hard pressed to call it a trend vs. a mirage. Sure do hope it's a trend though.

His opponent had Gerbe on the roster and some bounces didn't go his way. That said I don't think players can hit a button and improve. Kangas has been bad most of the second half. Last weekend vs. SCSU he did better but I'd be hard pressed to call it a trend vs. a mirage. Sure do hope it's a trend though.

If memory serves me correctly, and I can't remember which Gopher faithful made the claim on this site, wasn't he the greatest Gopher goaltender since Stauber right up until that January visit to Grand Forks. :glare:

If memory serves me correctly, and I can't remember which Gopher faithful made the claim on this site, wasn't he the greatest Gopher goaltender since Stauber right up until that January visit to Grand Forks. :glare:

What makes you think he still isn't? :D