SiouxSports.com Forum

Here come your second half of the season

01grad

This is just simply amazing!!! I have to agree with many others that I didn't think this was possible this season. I never fully doubted them and never turned against them, but what a turnaround! After making road trips to watch them in Duluth and even more recently in Bemidji, this is a completely different looking team from even last weekend. Now, for God sakes keep the lines the same and let's do this!!! Sure it is only one weekend of hockey and there are many things that the Gophers have going against them such as not having Lucia, Stoa, being on the road, etc. but the way the Sioux look is unbelievable!!!

This is just simply amazing!!! I have to agree with many others that I didn't think this was possible this season. I never fully doubted them and never turned against them, but what a turnaround! After making road trips to watch them in Duluth and even more recently in Bemidji, this is a completely different looking team from even last weekend. Now, for God sakes keep the lines the same and let's do this!!! Sure it is only one weekend of hockey and there are many things that the Gophers have going against them such as not having Lucia, Stoa, being on the road, etc. but the way the Sioux look is unbelievable!!!

I agree, they do look like a completely new team, this goopher sweep really showed us what the Sioux are capable of if they come to play, the only problem will be to get them to play as if it were a goopher series every weekend.

It is only a few weeks into this half of the season and things are looking up, but there is a long way to go, if they can keep this up or even keep improving week by week, the Sioux will be a FORCE to be reckoned with.

I still just can't believe the team I saw two weeks ago in Detroit came out and hung 12 on the Gophers in dominating fashion! :angry: I think the fact they followed last night's win with similar intensity and result was very telling about this team and shows they very well might have a patented Sioux run in them. I think next weekend will tell us a lot, as well. This team has every possible incentive they need to absolutely destroy Tech, not just go through the motions and expect a victory simply because they beat the Gophers. And yes, I'm still pissed off about the Tech sweep a couple years ago. :D At least I won't be in attendance next weekend, so their chance of sweeping Tech went up by about 98%.

We are going to take Tech to the cleaners this time!

We are going to roll into Michigan like a giant snowball and leave even bigger and stronger squashing the competition the rest of the way!!!

Yes! This time No TECHnical difficulties! Got get 'em, boys!!

This upcoming series with Tech will decide the rest of the season. Will the momentum of this past weekend carry over and allow UND to sweep the bottom feeders of the WCHA or will this past weekend allow overconfidence to seep in and cause this team to stumble in a game(s) they should win? History tells us that UND does well in the second half of seasons under Hak. I think Friday night's game is close and Sat. is a whitewashing. Sioux sweep and then bring on the Pios!

make that 17th. but just to show you how fluid the pwr rankings are we dropped one spot after friday and gained 7 after sat.

its tough to follow but comparisons can flip nightly with weekeday games as well. crazy stuff

go sioux

Before we get too far ahead of ourselves, one thing that certainly helped us win is the fact that MN does not trap. When team's open up and skate with us, we have done very well: CC, the first game against Cornell, and now MN.

I am very excited by the way the lines have shaken out. Our first line might be average for D1 with Duncs playing the pivot instead of wing, but our second line now with VV, Frattin and Trupp is as good as any second line in the country, and Kozek and Toews on that fourth line offers a scoring threat that is above average for most team's second lines. Throw in a third/checking line that has age, speed, and strength along with a pretty high level of skill and we honestly can roll four lines. I loved watching Zajac, Martens and Watkins match up against their Gopher counterparts and just own the offensive zone on the cycle.

Moving Miller back to D was a great move too. He is not the defensive liability I was afraid of. Getting Joe up to game speed will be critical, and he is starting to look like his former self.

It's really looking like Blood possibly and Fienhage definitely could've used some more time to develop their game. I don't think they are going to see much ice from here on out this year unless someone gets hurt.

It's really looking like Blood possibly and Fienhage definitely could've used some more time to develop their game. I don't think they are going to see much ice from here on out this year unless someone gets hurt.

At Friday's luncheon Hakstol said that Blood has come up to the point they are confident he will play well if put into the game. Seems like at this point it's more a matter of whether they want to play Miller at D or F.

Before we get too far ahead of ourselves, one thing that certainly helped us win is the fact that MN does not trap. When team's open up and skate with us, we have done very well: CC, the first game against Cornell, and now MN.

I am very excited by the way the lines have shaken out. Our first line might be average for D1 with Duncs playing the pivot instead of wing, but our second line now with VV, Frattin and Trupp is as good as any second line in the country, and Kozek and Toews on that fourth line offers a scoring threat that is above average for most team's second lines. Throw in a third/checking line that has age, speed, and strength along with a pretty high level of skill and we honestly can roll four lines. I loved watching Zajac, Martens and Watkins match up against their Gopher counterparts and just own the offensive zone on the cycle.

Moving Miller back to D was a great move too. He is not the defensive liability I was afraid of. Getting Joe up to game speed will be critical, and he is starting to look like his former self.

i think blood and fienhage are ready and have played well when in the games they have played. just depends if hak keps miller at D which ill assume he will for now. if finley doesnt go down then miller never goes to D and they probably split time so its just a matter of injury luck if anything. was so nice to see kozeks sniper shot come back this last weekend and overall the 4 lines were just rolling. toews was very good saturday along with the whole damn team. was great seeing these games live. i guess i got lucky and licked a great weekend to see the boys play!!

Jay-goire was flying all weekend. I'd like to think this will continue, but something doesn't seem right. They made it look too easy almost this past weekend that there's something we don't know about. I'll be optimistic when our chances of making the playoffs improve from where they are today.

Jay-goire was flying all weekend. I'd like to think this will continue, but something doesn't seem right. They made it look too easy almost this past weekend that there's something we don't know about. I'll be optimistic when our chances of making the playoffs improve from where they are today.

I have watched the games twice each and JG was awesome this weekend.

Also, Dunc is starting to roll and so is Kozey. I feel good things happening.

We are going to take Tech to the cleaners this time!

We are going to roll into Michigan like a giant snowball and leave even bigger and stronger squashing the competition the rest of the way!!!

I like your enthusiasm, but Tech plays a different style of hockey than the Gophers. IMO, breaking through their defense and not getting taken out of our own game will be our biggest challenge.

I like your enthusiasm, but Tech plays a different style of hockey than the Gophers. IMO, breaking through their defense and not getting taken out of our own game will be our biggest challenge.

I think the Sioux can get behind their defense the game they lost to tech was due to a hot-goalie. :silly: