SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX/GOPHERS SATURDAY

gfhockey

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baby Lucia sure got the hell out of there fast when Jones lost it...Their players seem to have a long and storied tradition of pussing out.

The Goofers should add a tagline to their hockey program:

Golden Goofer Hockey - We will hit you when you are laying on the ice, (as ordered by our coach) but if you want to settle it by dropping the gloves, we are outta here and you are classless for even thinking of such a thing...

I love this tagline!!! So True. gopher fans should watch the game on mute so they arent brainwashed by woog and Mazzaco saying everything is the Siouxs fault!

Great Sweep!!! Do the same to Tech!!!! :silly:

Not sure if this is posted elsewhere.

On Tim and Swyg on KFAN this morning, Malone and Martens were on. Tim discussed the weekend, and one topic was the Jones incident. Here is what the players said, and I am paraphrasing:

Trupp was butt ended by Lucia. They said of all people, Trupper wouldn't lay on the ice and fake it, as he crawled off with a broken leg and bad shoulder already in his UND career. He is a tough kid.

They said Lucia agreed to a fight at or around the faceoff, and when Jonesy dropped em, he skated away. They said Jonesy wasn't in his rage blackout stage until he saw Lucia skating away. (Malone added that if he saw Jonesy wanting to fight, he'd run away and tip the net over himself for protection) :silly:

One of the players mentioned he had heard what Hill said about it being classless, Tim and the players all agreed that when Lucia agreed to fight and then skated away was classless in the sport of hockey, inferring that you have to respect the "code".

Very interesting stuff.

Now that is funny!!!!

the idiot over at western college hockey thinks jones shouldhave been given a fighting major being his intent was to fight.

Chris hates UND and it clouds his judgement. I guess he didn't see the crap/**** the Gophers were doing.

That would require an open mind on this topic.

Hey it goes both way most of us know that but a few of the Gopher players need to drop their stick and act like men.

This hidding behind the ref stuff is getting tiresome.

I thought I saw somewhere that he is a msu-mankato fan. if so that explains it all.

Yep there are a few of those. :silly: Which incidently is our dance partner the weekend of Valentines day so there will be more post about UND being a bunch of goons. :silly: You know the color me surprised.

Yep there are a few of those. :silly: Which incidently is our dance partner the weekend of Valentines day so there will be more post about UND being a bunch of goons. :silly: You know the color me surprised.

I've seen a few Mankato fans when I go to the road games down there...they are rare in number though, that's for sure.

Lou Nanne on KFAN talking Gopher puck.......

Obviously, he lied when he said he watched the games this weekend.

Barrairo (sp?) earlier in the show was talking about the series too and how bad it was for the Gophers. His sidekick said it wasn't fair because the Sioux are full of 23 year old Canadians. :lol: Barrairo argued with all the Minnesota talent it should have equaled out. That was pretty funny. Not trying to start an argument here, just what I heard on the radio. I didn't even think Barrairo talked hockey most of the time!

Lou Nanne on KFAN talking Gopher puck.......

Obviously, he lied when he said he watched the games this weekend.

Lou Nanne is a Maroon and Gold sucking Gopher apologist. No one should pay any attention to what he says. I'll bet he also thinks that Lemaire is the greatest coach in the NHL today, but that's another topic for another time.

Yep there are a few of those. :) Which incidently is our dance partner the weekend of Valentines day so there will be more post about UND being a bunch of goons. :) You know the color me surprised.

I hope the Ralph brings out the disco ball for a nice slow dance...you know...so the guys and the cows get to know each other a bit better between whistles. :lol:

Yeah...I'm a sucker for a good fight. :D

"LET'S GET IT ON!"

M_Behind_Fights-Mills_Lane-F.jpg

First, let's beat the 'poop' out of two different kinds of Huskies and some Pioneers too.

Barrairo (sp?) earlier in the show was talking about the series too and how bad it was for the Gophers. His sidekick said it wasn't fair because the Sioux are full of 23 year old Canadians. :) Barrairo argued with all the Minnesota talent it should have equaled out. That was pretty funny. Not trying to start an argument here, just what I heard on the radio. I didn't even think Barrairo talked hockey most of the time!

Yup....we are just full of 23 year old Canadians. :lol: Considering Ryan Duncan is the only 23 year old Canadian on our team at the current time... the lack of knowledge with some of those that talk hockey astounds me. :D:)

On a side note for next years Gopher series at The Ralph,

Who would agree with me that it would be awesome to get Michael Buffer to do intros next year at the Friday game. For those that don't know who Michael Buffer is, he is the voice that does "Let's get ready to rumble!" A high school from near where I'm from did this for a big rivalry basketball game. Granted, they didn't have Looker as their main guy, but how could you not want to do something like this as a one time deal. The high schools paid for nearly the whole ordeal just by selling t-shirts to people who attended the event. I think UND could pull something like this off with ease. Heck, I think they could even make money on the deal.

How great would it be to have the intensity (that always results in a boxing match or three) with a boxing legend attending?

Just a thought...

We do have two 23 year old Canadian Seniors in Martens and Duncs :lol:

Martens, although improved, is still only an average player for a big D1 perennial contender....and Duncs is only a year older than a typical senior. Plus, a comment like that implies that we got these huge bearded Canadian backwoods boys that are out there just to rough it up. Neither Duncan nor Martens fit that billing.

However they want to look at it is fine with me. I'll take two butt whoopin's instead of having to come up with excuses the entire week before the next games.

Lou Nanne is a Maroon and Gold sucking Gopher apologist. No one should pay any attention to what he says. I'll bet he also thinks that Lemaire is the greatest coach in the NHL today, but that's another topic for another time.

I'm guessing you didn't actually hear it. He mentioned that playing physical is a "talent" and the Gophers have been severely lacking in that department for quite a while.

Nanne was pretty much spot on in this interview specifically mentioning if you can't or won't respond to a physical challenge in the beginning of a weekend you are pretty much done for. He also corrected the KFAN guys on their assessment that the Gophers were talented but too young, stating that almost all the players go through juniors now. The host likes to make fun of people who makes excuses, but Nanne wouldn't give the Gophers any.

As for Nanne's Wild judgment, I'm with you.

Martens, although improved, is still only an average player for a big D1 perennial contender....and Duncs is only a year older than a typical senior. Plus, a comment like that implies that we got these huge bearded Canadian backwoods boys that are out there just to rough it up. Neither Duncan nor Martens fit that billing.

However they want to look at it is fine with me. I'll take two butt whoopin's instead of having to come up with excuses the entire week before the next games.

Gophers are hostile and abusive to Canadians.