SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Big Red

LeftyZL

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tough loss boys, they played hard. I hope that Trupp is ok. Did he come back out onto the ice? Practice hard this week and then go out and get Harvard next weekend.

he didn't come back... i'm trying to possibly try to get some info on that from a friend... i hope he's okay -- he just got annihilated by those ugly red players.

I don't think you can say the boys didn't play hard because they fought hard I thought, but cornell was just mugging everyone it was impossible for us to get going. Hopefully we can turn it around out east next weekend. I'm glad duncs got mad -- rightfully so, I still maintain he got screwed on that goal in the first, but whatev... gosh i hope trupper's okay :glare:

I think Cornell merely figured out what you can get away with when you have WCHA officiating.

I think Cornell merely figured out what you can get away with when you have WCHA officiating.

The key to the game was the disallowed goal. It that counts we more than likely win going away. If anyone can post it I'd love to see it. Plus it will be a nice reference when we get hosed on the exact same thing later in the year.

And when the heck did they change the rule on checking from behind? They should have lost two if not three players this weekend.

Amen, the checking from behinds should have been obvious not this cross checking or boarding crap... these are dangerous hits... And as far as the disallowed goal.. how the heck do we lose a goal, when you can clearly see the goalie out of the crease, trip on vande.. That was bull and the reply portrays it.. But we are looking better, as I felt better watching certain aspects of it all. I can't even really get mad completely, because i keep reminding myself of the after christmas show... hopefully it starts soon

The key to the game was the disallowed goal. It that counts we more than likely win going away. If anyone can post it I'd love to see it. Plus it will be a nice reference when we get hosed on the exact same thing later in the year.

And when the heck did they change the rule on checking from behind? They should have lost two if not three players this weekend.

I would love to hear the logic of sitting Lamoreux tonite. The guy needs to be in every night. I liked Malone last year, but he is one of those guys that doesn't seem like he improved at all from his Fresh to Soph year. Also gotta love Finehage sitting rather than Lapoint, I just don't get it. Lapoint just strikes me as a guy that probably should have played basketball, but showed up on the wrong day and they threw him a hockey jersey.

For those waiting for the traditional Christmas turnaround again this year, things will be different because this year there is no Parise/Toews/Oshie type talent to lead the way. In the past, the Sioux could always throw together the one "super line" that could score 2 to 3 goals every night. That doesn't exist this year. Next year it may exist when you start talking Gregoire/Hextall/etc, but it doesn't exist this year.

Well a nice ending from our point of view. Like you, I can't understand how we didn't get the hitting from behind calls. In the ECAC they are calling those routinely. I think one thing you didn't do as well tonight is to forecheck more on our breakouts. We have been poor all year once we are holding the puck behind our net. Yes this is the kind of game we can win. We don't have the same degree of up front talent that scholarship schools can get, so strong defense with good goaltending, and opportunistic scoring is our game.

Hope we can see some of you in DC in April and at Lynah next season.

For those waiting for the traditional Christmas turnaround again this year, things will be different because this year there is no Parise/Toews/Oshie type talent to lead the way. In the past, the Sioux could always throw together the one "super line" that could score 2 to 3 goals every night. That doesn't exist this year. Next year it may exist when you start talking Gregoire/Hextall/etc, but it doesn't exist this year.

So you're saying it all starts against Bemidji!

I can live with that.

Geez, talk about reverting (as 'sprig' says) to the ugly "DU v. Maine" officiating style.

Which would you rather watch for style of play: Friday* or Saturday?

I sure hope the head of officials Greg Shepherd reviews this tape and sanctions those officials for not calling according to the NCAA strict enforcement of obstruction standards.

Oh, ... yeah, ... one of the officials was Greg's son: Brad.

Nepotism. Gotta love it. :glare:

* Before DaveK chimes in about "defensive hockey" UND only gave up 3 on Friday in a fast skating game. That's just fine defense by me. I don't like "golden goals" and soccer.

After the Duncan goal was waved off, bad call by the way, someone hit the cross bar and it looked like it hit the inside upper bar. they showed it on the big screen and it looked good from what we saw. The people i was sitting around and me all heard the sioux ask to go upstairs and heard the ref reply not a chance. two questions: shouldn't they review that just because and does anyone have the replay of that. i would love to see it again. Also it looked like it moved the waterbottle.

Am I to understand the WCHA has ****-canned the tight officiating up north now as well?

It was a good run, but I think it's going to be nothing but same old-same old with the WCHA ref crews again.

Down here they still are calling the stickwork tight, but the holding and obstruction are completely back in play.

not a great game by the sioux. cornell played a good defensive game, earned the win. sioux still have a long ways to go. i don't mind duncs showing a little emotion, somethings got to fire this team up. the officials didn't call the obstruction tonight, i'm sure that is part of why duncs is so fired up. they have to learn to play a full weekend. build on last nights game and go sweep out east next weekend.

I highly doubt that will happen...the Sioux can't sweep the sisters of the poor right now.

After the Duncan goal was waved off, bad call by the way, someone hit the cross bar and it looked like it hit the inside upper bar. they showed it on the big screen and it looked good from what we saw. The people i was sitting around and me all heard the sioux ask to go upstairs and heard the ref reply not a chance. two questions: shouldn't they review that just because and does anyone have the replay of that. i would love to see it again. Also it looked like it moved the waterbottle.

Overhead replay was on TV; it did hit the crossbar.

Well a nice ending from our point of view. Like you, I can't understand how we didn't get the hitting from behind calls. In the ECAC they are calling those routinely. I think one thing you didn't do as well tonight is to forecheck more on our breakouts. We have been poor all year once we are holding the puck behind our net. Yes this is the kind of game we can win. We don't have the same degree of up front talent that scholarship schools can get, so strong defense with good goaltending, and opportunistic scoring is our game.

Hope we can see some of you in DC in April and at Lynah next season.

Does the ECAC allow all the hand off the stick around the neck holding that went on last night; you could win a championship with these WCHA buffoons. I assume a stick around the neck (Greening on Blood) is called? By this year's so called "empahasis", the big red should have spent the entire game shorthanded. It was ugly.

I would love to hear the logic of sitting Lamoreux tonite. The guy needs to be in every night. I liked Malone last year, but he is one of those guys that doesn't seem like he improved at all from his Fresh to Soph year. Also gotta love Finehage sitting rather than Lapoint, I just don't get it. Lapoint just strikes me as a guy that probably should have played basketball, but showed up on the wrong day and they threw him a hockey jersey.

All I have to say is UND is now 1 -7 when Mario doesn't play. I'm not a big numbers guy but at some point you kind of have to go with what is working (4-1-1 when he plays). Otherwise you are right on the money with your post.

By the way what is Trupp's injury? Anyone?

Geez, talk about reverting (as 'sprig' says) to the ugly "DU v. Maine" officiating style.

Which would you rather watch for style of play: Friday* or Saturday?

I sure hope the head of officials Greg Shepherd reviews this tape and sanctions those officials for not calling according to the NCAA strict enforcement of obstruction standards.

In his radio interview concerning the high numbers of penalties being called, old man Shep said that by after Christmas the number of penalties would go down; guess we now know that he didn't mean the players would adjust, he meant the calls will no longer be made (except they didn't wait until Christmas). With UAA's size, they could possibly win the WCHA title (like Denver) if they totally adopt the Cornell style of holding and interfering, even blatant holding was OK last night. The Sioux's smaller, faster, lineup does not stand a chance.

In his radio interview concerning the high numbers of penalties being called, old man Shep said that by after Christmas the number of penalties would go down; guess we now know that he didn't mean the players would adjust, he meant the calls will no longer be made (except they didn't wait until Christmas). With UAA's size, they could possibly win the WCHA title (like Denver) if they totally adopt the Cornell style of holding and interfering, even blatant holding was OK last night. The Sioux's smaller, faster, lineup does not stand a chance.

If they're going to bring back goon hockey they should at least drop the sanctions about fighting. You know give the fans something to appreciate.

It's definitely Mario's 7 minutes of ice time that made the difference.

I'm happy he's on the team, and happy with his play so far, but the results are a total coincidence. Do you think if he had sat Friday, the team wouldn't have gotten those bounces?

As injuries mount as the season progresses (whether that's Trupp now or the inevitable later ones), we'll get to see plenty of him.

It's definitely Mario's 7 minutes of ice time that made the difference.

I'm happy he's on the team, and happy with his play so far, but the results are a total coincidence. Do you think if he had sat Friday, the team wouldn't have gotten those bounces?

As injuries mount as the season progresses (whether that's Trupp now or the inevitable later ones), we'll get to see plenty of him.

Maybe? Coincidence that UND is winless with Walski in net? Coincindence that UND wins at a higher percentage on the road in the black sweaters? Coincidence that LaPoint is like a minus -15 on the year? If you win with certain guys in the lineup, why not continue with that?