SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Big Red

LeftyZL

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrible call, the goalie caused the contact himself and VV was outside the crease and not moving. %#@$ I hate WCHA officiating.

I found that call bull$%!#... there was nothing there.

I saw VV foot on the redline of the crease. I don't know the rule, but I would assume the red counts as part of the crease. It doesn't matter who initiates the contact because VV shouldn't have been in the crease. The goalie is allowed to have his space to move.

I saw VV foot on the redline of the crease. I don't know the rule, but I would assume the red counts as part of the crease. It doesn't matter who initiates the contact because VV shouldn't have been in the crease. The goalie is allowed to have his space to move.

Bad call, Duncs just said in the intermission that the refs called it goalie interference. Watch it again the goalie intiated the contact.

Cornell is a big strong team that will do well this year. They came out like a team that lost 7-3 last night, winning a ton of battles.

VV was on the edge of the crease, and if that's the rule, then I guess Cornell got the benefit of the closest goalie interference that will ever be called.

Jones is a joy to watch when he's marking someone along the boards; best intensity on the team.

Two nights in a row Cornell got a 2 that should have been a 5. Someone's going to get hurt.

Bad call, Duncs just said in the intermission that the refs called it goalie interference. Watch it again the goalie intiated the contact.

Can't believe they can watch that overhead video and still get it wrong. Total incompetence.

Cornell is a big strong team that will do well this year. They came out like a team that lost 7-3 last night, winning a ton of battles.

VV was on the edge of the crease, and if that's the rule, then I guess Cornell got the benefit of the closest goalie interference that will ever be called.

Jones is a joy to watch when he's marking someone along the boards; best intensity on the team.

Two nights in a row Cornell got a 2 that should have been a 5. Someone's going to get hurt.

Duncan just explained that they didn't call VV for being in the crease. The call was that he interfered with the goaltender. He did not, he was standing still and the goalie moved out and initiated the contact. Terrible call.

Total incompetence is right, sprig, but do you expect anything different?

I havent been able to watch much UND hockey this season, so I have to admit I am very behind on understanding and seeing the differences in the new guys. I just hope they are measureing up to the high standards of Fighting Sioux Hockey.

Unless the rule was changed, VV is allowed to have his skate in the crease as long as he's not interfering with the goalie. As soon as he got in the way of the CU goalie, it became an issue. Maybe I just don't understand, but why should it matter who initiated contact? The fact is, there was contact, and it was because VV's skate was in the crease when the goalie ran into it.

The rule used to say that you couldn't be in the crease at all, but the title game that was Denver vs. Maine caused that rule to change. There was a goal that was waved off in that game because a player had his toe in the crease on the opposite side of the crease from where all the action was. The player's toe didn't cause anything to change in the play, but because of the rule, they had to call off the goal.

Following that game, they changed the rule so that as long as you're not interfering with the goalie, it's not bad to have a foot in the crease.