SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS SEAWOLVES

AZSIOUX

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sioux played with more energy tonight, but the difference between the two nights was who got the bounces. UAA had many more good chances tonight, and Eidsness played very well. Miller's shot from the point sure did get blocked often this weekend. Marto was good all weekend, and sometimes very good. Vandevelde had a much better night Saturday; the play died off his stick quite a few times Friday. Duncan is the best player on the team by a lot; he's a complete player who makes the right play with the puck nearly all the time. Oh to have seen Zach Parise playing with this level of rule enforcement; he would have drawn a penalty or scored on nearly every shift.

Sioux played with more energy tonight, but the difference between the two nights was who got the bounces. UAA had many more good chances tonight, and Eidsness played very well. Miller's shot from the point sure did get blocked often this weekend. Marto was good all weekend, and sometimes very good. Vandevelde had a much better night Saturday; the play died off his stick quite a few times Friday. Duncan is the best player on the team by a lot; he's a complete player who makes the right play with the puck nearly all the time. Oh to have seen Zach Parise playing with this level of rule enforcement; he would have drawn a penalty or scored on nearly every shift.
You can say the same thing about TJ for how much he got hooked and grabbed during a game.

That's not possible. That crap only happens when the Sioux are involved.

Funny, Mike Eaves team was involved again. No love here for that whiner.

Hopefully a few messages were sent and received tonite. Hopefully this team can continue to build. Oh, getting healthy would be nice (Get well soon, Joe).

My thoughts:

Personally, I was shocked that trupper and kozek were benched. but neither of those two played well at all last night. Trupper, I heart you, but you need to start to DO SOMETHING.

Also, I loved it when mario took down the UAA player that cheap shot(ed?) gregoire last night. I sensed that was on purpose.

Loved that frattin and malone proved me wrong and scored goals! :sad:

Eidsness needs to be in goal every game from now on. Period. There should be no questions about that.

I really like Hextall.

UAA's goalie should switch to basketball considering how many jumps in the air he had tonight.

My thoughts:

Loved that frattin and malone proved me wrong and scored goals! :sad:

Eidsness needs to be in goal every game from now on. Period. There should be no questions about that.

I really like Hextall.

After the early part of the season and watching again Friday, I said that Malone and Frattin should be the 2 sitting Sat. Maybe this will jump start them, especially Frattin.

Eidsness better not miss a minute of action the rest of the way.

Hextall is already the best 2 way forward on the ice game in and game out...and it isn't really even close.

On more thing, Mario brings something that UND really needs...a nasty attitude. He'll get in anyone's grill. We need more of that.

After the early part of the season and watching again Friday, I said that Malone and Frattin should be the 2 sitting Sat. Maybe this will jump start them, especially Frattin.

Eidsness better not miss a minute of action the rest of the way.

Hextall is already the best 2 way forward on the ice game in and game out...and it isn't really even close.

On more thing, Mario brings something that UND really needs...a nasty attitude. He'll get in anyone's grill. We need more of that.

Could he be the Prpich that this team needs?I said in an earlier post that this team needed to come out and play old time SIOUX hockey of in your face,you are in our house,hardnose physical hockey and they did and the result was a badly needed win.Now if they can just continue that type of play the rest of the year this team will be right there come March.

Personally, I was shocked that trupper and kozek were benched. but neither of those two played well at all last night.

I think both Trupp and Kozek are immensely talented, but they both need to carry a bigger load on this team. They are both here to score goals; the five points between them is not cutting the mustard.

I also thought during the course of Saturday's game that Mario and Davidson were on the ice in case there needed to be a fist fight; losing either of them to a DQ wouldn't be a deal-breaker.

As to Eidsness playing every minute from here on out: he is playing much better :understatement: than is Walski, but I don't want to get to crunch time with but one tested goaltender and then have him hurt. Remember that feeling from last season? That horrible "omg-don't-let-jpl-be-hurt-cause-we-got-nothing-else" feeling? I don't want to feel that again.

I was at the game on Saturday. Jeez, could Hak show a little more emotion? I will say this, the best skaters on this team are Marto and Lamaroux (sp?) Those Grand Forks kids can skoot and they were making things happen.

Come you were at the game on Friday too. Don't worry I haven't lost next weekend's tickets yet. :):sad:???