SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs BADgers

AZSIOUX

I was impressed with him tonight and think he is going to be the man between the pipes.

I thought Eidsness played really good tonight as well. With that I won't be surprised if he gets the nod to play Saturday night as well.

Very fun game to watch. I hope we can play just as good tomorrow and that the Sioux D can shore things up a bit more.

Let's try and get that sweep and keep those Badgers winless.

GO SIOUX!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

blood was damn good tonight with eidsness as well. was a nice team win overall. great to see by this team. trupp was all over the ice and zajac had a solid game as well. lets get that SWEEP and kick them while they are down. go sioux...........

As they said in the movie Platoon the Worm has turned. I saw a lot of things to be happy about tonight.

I see no reason why the coach shouldn't ride Eidness.

he will. he said in pre game that the first 4 games were scripted for both goalies to play 2 games and whoever after that stepped up may get the nod. he will play tomorrow night. he was damn solid excpet that 2nd goal where for some reason he didnt get over but that happens. go sioux. wonder if we will see lamoureux and toews tomorrow night

we had 6 guys in the ice for 10 seconds to end the game ;) put that in your pipe and smoke it eaves :D

I don't think the linesman had called it, however play should have continued until the Sioux controlled the puck. My impression is that the Badgers might have been gypped out of a 2 second power play, 6-4.

Hey I'd love to compliment the team leadership of that team. One goal down and under four minutes your captain takes a stupid slashing penalty. A fine example of a scholar-athlete.

I've been tough on Miller, but in the half of the game I watched he did some good things, including smacking a guy at neutral ice and taking the puck away. That goal he scored was an excellent sniper shot.

I wish Miller and Genoway could get the puck past the first guy from the point more often.

he will. he said in pre game that the first 4 games were scripted for both goalies to play 2 games and whoever after that stepped up may get the nod. he will play tomorrow night. he was damn solid excpet that 2nd goal where for some reason he didnt get over but that happens. go sioux. wonder if we will see lamoureux and toews tomorrow night

I have to think that Toews is going to be one of the top 12 forwards?

There is no lack of talent on this team - If they ever put it all together (at the same time) they will be Awesome & at this early stage of the year - I'm fine watching it come together :D

Both teams, you can tell, are trying to get it together ASAP

Some very good goal tending tonight

Some of the passing tonight by our guys was outstanding - sometimes speed even Kills us ;)

I have to think that Toews is going to be one of the top 12 forwards?

Was Toews still injured or a healthy scratch?? Please advise...I do not like hextall on the top line. Nothing against Duncan but he does not look like a hobey winner out there....like they say you are only as good as your teammates or in this case your linemates.

Was Toews still injured or a healthy scratch?? Please advise...I do not like hextall on the top line. Nothing against Duncan but he does not look like a hobey winner out there....like they say you are only as good as your teammates or in this case your linemates.

I thought I read that Toews was healthy for this game.

Hey I'd love to compliment the team leadership of that team. One goal down and under four minutes your captain takes a stupid slashing penalty. A fine example of a scholar-athlete.

Wasn't it our Captain Duncan that took a penalty in a 3-3 tie in the Saturday MSUM game with just a few minutes left? ;)

Of course, VV bailed him out there... :D

I thought the Hextall/VV/Duncan line generated some good chances out there, especially considering that they were paired against UW's top line all game. I don't think Hextall looked out of place with those two at all, and he had an excellent shot hit the post right before Gregoire's GWG. Will he be on the top line all season? Probably not...heck, he probably won't be tomorrow night, but I wouldn't say that he played poorly up there.

Feinhage practically scored that goal himself

1-0 Wisco

I was thinking the same thing right around then. He must have been very nervous his first home conference game. Lot's of turnovers. He did not play well until about 1/3 of the second period was over...then he seemed better.

This team definately has areas that they need to improve on - some defensemen especially. However, they are showing something that we haven't seen in quite a while from a Sioux team - the ability to come back and win. Let's hope they keep it up.

We need Eidsness back in net tomorrow

I thought the Hextall/VV/Duncan line generated some good chances out there, especially considering that they were paired against UW's top line all game. I don't think Hextall looked out of place with those two at all, and he had an excellent shot hit the post right before Gregoire's GWG. Will he be on the top line all season? Probably not...heck, he probably won't be tomorrow night, but I wouldn't say that he played poorly up there.

Finley comes back and Finehage sits....however he is right out of high school. IMO I expected more out of LaPoint . He looks the same as he did last year...soft and tentative.

Power plays have been tough tonight (as has been rumored so far this year).

From this game alone, I sure can't point to an obvious flaw. You kind of have to tune out the announcers -- when the Sioux are cycling and lose it they say "you can't just keep looking for the perfect shot, you have to fling it at the net and hope for a good bounce", but if the Sioux took a bad shot they would certainly say they have to take the time to set it up. My first theory based on watching would be that the Badgers have a pretty good kill, as they often seem to step right into our passes, but that wouldn't explain previous games' futility. It's a small enough sample that it could just be bad luck, but it sure is disappointing.

My thoughts are:

A: Wisco has some big guys that clog up lanes/block shots

B: UND wasn't given a chance really to square up and attack the WI PK

Solution: Move. Your. Feet. Break the Defense down and shoot low for a good rebound or find that off-wing i.e. Duncan for a little top shelf delight

Hadn't seen any games UND had played so far this year, but I can say that from the top of the line-up to the bottom, that was about as good of game as far as energy, jump, effort and hard work that I've seen from a Coach H team play! Win, lose or draw, I can live with whatever (to an extent) the outcome of a game if I see that kind of effort from every guy on the ice night in and night out.

Zajac looks like a totally different player from last year!

Trupp is the real deal.

Watkins hard work is like few I've seen in a Sioux sweater.

All 4 lines looked good and contributed.

Genoway has to remeber that he is a D-man 1st!

LaPointe...I just still don't see it.

Great effort and good win!

Looking forward to tonights game.

Watching this game on my TV makes me consider getting a dish sooner than I was originally planning.

While I have the setup to watch the video webcast on my 52" TV, it's just not nearly the same.

The feed from the KU band system was much sharper than the NHL network feed from Dish. It is nearly as good as an HD broadcast.

And USCHO has no reporter for the game at Grand Forks? Has PCM left the city as well as this board?