SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MANITOBA

AZSIOUX

How did the goaltending look?

It is weird seeing goalies over 5'8". I thought they all looked good.

The one goal against B.E. was pretty bang bang and I don't think an all world goalie could have stopped that one

The second goal didn't look like a goal to me but we didn't get to see a good replay of it so it seemed like a fluke.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got home from the game....

started a little slow, but it definitely picked up. the gregoire-trupp-kozek line is going to be amazing! i was very impressed with gregoire and hextall looks pretty feisty. everyone looked a lot faster, which is excellent. i was surprised not to see toews, hopefully he's not nicked up too badly. i have a feeling he's going to add something else to the lineup. still don't like miller on that top line... i don't think he'll be there all the way through.

On a side note, i was a bit peeved to see the empty lower bowl student section. Me and my friends had seats in the upper bowl, which, for the most part was at least 3/4 full. And despite the empty lower bowl, they still wouldn't let us down there. A little frustrating, but whatever. I had fun!:D

On a side note, i was a bit peeved to see the empty lower bowl student section. Me and my friends had seats in the upper bowl, which, for the most part was at least 3/4 full. And despite the empty lower bowl, they still wouldn't let us down there. A little frustrating, but whatever. I had fun!;)

Ditto... :D Poor turnout by the lower bowl student section. Fun game still

Ditto... :D Poor turnout by the lower bowl student section. Fun game still

1st PP unit (IIRC) was Duncan, VV, Frattin, Genoway and Marto. Can't remember the 2nd unit.

Duncan and Zajac were the 1st PK unit.

Hak was really mixing up the special teams. Miller played D on the powerplay. Hak rotated most of the forwards through the PP unit. The line combos and specialty teams will be played with.

It is going to be really hard to fight for some of these spots. Zajac, Davidson, Hextall and Lamoureaux will all fight for checking line time. I think Martens and Miller will fight for scoring line time. Toews is the wild card. He is a Toews, and he was a third round draft pick. Maybe he does take left wing on that top line.

Maybe...

VV, Duncan and Toews?

Trupp, Gregoire and Kozek

Malone, Watkins and Frattin (wouldn't have thought this was a great combo until I saw them tonight)

Zajac, Hextall and Lamoureaux

Finley and Genoway

Marto and Jones

Lapoint and Blood

Miller, Martens, Davidson and Fienhage are all capable of displacing someone, but I think this team might have the best depth we've had in a while.

So I assume there are upper bowl student tickets and lower bowl student tickets? Seems stupid not to come. What else is going on Sunday night? Didn't look very good to be empty. I drive 2 hours over from Bemidji, but some students don't walk over a few blocks? Seems crazy. I guess attendance goes by tickets sold because I have a hard time believing that there were 11k people there.

Was bummed that Toews was out. :D

Hopefully he steps up on the top line and we'll see 2 great lines. Love Gregoire and Blood already. Davidson looked pretty good.

So I assume there are upper bowl student tickets and lower bowl student tickets? Seems stupid not to come. What else is going on Sunday night? Didn't look very good to be empty. I drive 2 hours over from Bemidji, but some students don't walk over a few blocks? Seems crazy. I guess attendance goes by tickets sold because I have a hard time believing that there were 11k people there.

Was bummed that Toews was out. :D

Hopefully he steps up on the top line and we'll see 2 great lines. Love Gregoire and Blood already. Davidson looked pretty good.

one of the student ticket package options is lower bowl one night, upper bowl the other night of a series. they gave lower bowl seats for this game to those who purchased friday lower bowl seats. clearly, they should have given them to those with sat lower bowl instead, since upper bowl was full. i don't understand why people didn't come. i've been waiting a good 6 months...it was a horribly long offseason. hopefully the rest of the students, who clearly aren't diehard, will pick it up for the wisconsin series at the end of the month.

oh, i was bummed about toews too. we were kinda hoping he was randomly going to show up during the game. lol. but yeah, gregoire looked good! i'm pleased.

Jason Gregoire is going to be a stud.

That had to be my attention getter as I was really impressed with him tonight. Fienhage will take some getting adapted to the college game as at times he seems lost thought i do like his size. Blood played well and held his own out there. Finley played well tonight i've been one of his biggest critics but he played with big man mentality tonight and I thought it brought an added element to the team. Jake Marto played a lot tonight. There was one power play he played the whole two minutes. He has really taken a step up and has good confidence out there, break out player of the year. I thought Miller looked better tonight then he did last year but I do agree he's not top line material though I think he'll have a good year. Both goals were not the goalies fault one was a perfect deflection in and the other there was a man in the crease.

On a side not if the tribal flags hanging in the arena will let us keep the name then so be it.

Jason Gregoire is going to be a stud.

That had to be my attention getter as I was really impressed with him tonight. Fienhage will take some getting adapted to the college game as at times he seems lost thought i do like his size. Blood played well and held his own out there. Finley played well tonight i've been one of his biggest critics but he played with big man mentality tonight and I thought it brought an added element to the team. Jake Marto played a lot tonight. There was one power play he played the whole two minutes. He has really taken a step up and has good confidence out there, break out player of the year. I thought Miller looked better tonight then he did last year but I do agree he's not top line material though I think he'll have a good year. Both goals were not the goalies fault one was a perfect deflection in and the other there was a man in the crease.

On a side not if the tribal flags hanging in the arena will let us keep the name then so be it.

So is Walski our starting netminder next weekend?? Nothing against Aaron but I do not see the Sioux getting to the promised land with him in net. Not that Eidsness is ready either but the Sioux have goaltending issues.

So is Walski our starting netminder next weekend?? Nothing against Aaron but I do not see the Sioux getting to the promised land with him in net. Not that Eidsness is ready either but the Sioux have goaltending issues.

i say they each play a game and then go from there on real game performance. i dont think we will know if the sioux have goaltending issues until they play a handful of games. unproven goalies? yes without a doubt but we will see who steps up.

Can you at least wait until Walski gives up a goal until you say we have goaltending issues. The issue so far is that they don't have experience, but that is the only issue we know up to this point.

Yep, more unproven freshman goaltending, like Ed Belfour (29 wins, NCCAA championship), Karl Goehring (23 wins), Aaron Schweitzer (17 wins, NCAA championship), and JPar (16 wins). They all became proven as freshman.

hopefully the rest of the students, who clearly aren't diehard, will pick it up for the wisconsin series at the end of the month.

First home series of the year on Halloween night against Wisconsin. Yeah... I don't think we need to worry about people showing up. Its gonna be a wild weekend. As for students not showing up, I can understand it. They likely were doing homework or working on Sunday after a weekend full of having fun. I think if this game was on a Sat, you might have seen more show up. Of course the fact that it was an exhibition game didn't help. It just seems funny that it was most of the lower bowl who didn't show up. I always thought Sat night lower bowl didn't have as many diehards in it.

Hey now!!!! I was in the saturday lower bowl last year! sadly i only have upper bowl this year! Stupid online ticket selection! I think alot of students were confused on if there tickets were lower bowl or not. Wisconsin will be awesome!

Hey now!!!! I was in the saturday lower bowl last year! sadly i only have upper bowl this year! Stupid online ticket selection! I think alot of students were confused on if there tickets were lower bowl or not. Wisconsin will be awesome!

Doesn't say much for the average student if that is the case. The system while overly complicated, wasn't that difficult to understand.

that makes sense actually. i'm one of those people that my friends constantly text/call me with hockey questions and i had one text me sunday morning really confused about his ticket...whereas mine clearly said UPPER.

While the student section was pretty sparse in the lower bowl, i agree...it isn't surprising for this game. I had tickets for the lower bowl, but I wasn't sitting there. I sat in a different section since a lot of the lower bowl had empty seats, and we could imbibe there. I'm sure there were others doing the same...sitting in different sections, and probably some more who stayed in the bar the whole time...the rest of the missing students may have been in the half-hour line for $1 hot-dogs...

Honestly though, anyone who fully expected the student section to be packed for this game is pretty naive IMO...

While the student section was pretty sparse in the lower bowl, i agree...it isn't surprising for this game. I had tickets for the lower bowl, but I wasn't sitting there. I sat in a different section since a lot of the lower bowl had empty seats, and we could imbibe there. I'm sure there were others doing the same...sitting in different sections, and probably some more who stayed in the bar the whole time...the rest of the missing students may have been in the half-hour line for $1 hot-dogs...

Honestly though, anyone who fully expected the student section to be packed for this game is pretty naive IMO...

Holy first Boston's closes and then I miss $1 hot dogs. You guys need to do a better job of letting me know whats going on :D hah

it has been fuller than that in past years. Well, no I don't believe it should have been packed.....we can turn out in better forces than that. Manitoba or not, you can support your team and you can not tell me that you are doing anything else on a Sunday night...that early.