SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MANITOBA

AZSIOUX

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can already see what the naysayers will say...

In 06/07, the only reason Duncan was good was because of Toews.

In 07/08, the only reason Duncan was good was because of Oshie.

Now, in 08/09, the only reason Duncan will be good is because of VV.

I don't care what they say, he just keeps putting up 40+ points and shutting them up. :D

Hak:

Lot of good tonite. Lot of extra effort, 2nd efforts. Guys making plays.

Good positive night. Everybody played reasonably well. Trupps line played very well. Trupp and Gregoire have had good chemistry. There was chemistry in pairs on each of the forward lines tonite.

Blood showed good hockey sense to make that pass that lead to that goal. Both young D did well, both have some things to learn.

Goaltending looked fine.

What's the story with David Toews not playing?

These guys haven't practiced, so I saw a lot of puck chasing and not very good positional play, however they all showed some serious individual and unselfish skills. At this point in the season it is all about playing with line combos and looking for chemistry as Hak pointed out.

I think Trupp, Gregoire and Kozek will be deadly this year. I like Malone, Watkins and Frattin too. I don't think Miller is the third guy on the top line though. Hextall and Mario are outstanding gritty type players. Davidson looked much more comfortable this year.

I think Hak will have to make some tough choices for playing time.

Hak:

Lot of good tonite. Lot of extra effort, 2nd efforts. Guys making plays.

Good positive night. Everybody played reasonably well. Trupps line played very well. Trupp and Gregoire have had good chemistry. There was chemistry in pairs on each of the forward lines tonite.

Blood showed good hockey sense to make that pass that lead to that goal. Both young D did well, both have some things to learn.

dagies,

Thanks for posting Hak's post game comments. You're always on top of that chore, picking up right where you left off last year. Much appreciated; it's always nice to hear from the top dog.

I thought the combo of Watkins, VV, and Duncan worked much better for the little time they were together. I like Watkins and VV working hard in the corners, drawing the attention of the other teams, leaving Duncan open for a clean shot or some more rebound goals. Miller, while I liked him on point during the PP, is not a first line guy, especially not with Duncan and VV. The Trupp, Kozek, and Gregoire line is going to be dangerous, they already had pretty good chemistry, they will have their own nickname by the end of the season, watch out DOT, here comes..................................

Goaltending looked fine.

These guys haven't practiced, so I saw a lot of puck chasing and not very good positional play, however they all showed some serious individual and unselfish skills. At this point in the season it is all about playing with line combos and looking for chemistry as Hak pointed out.

I think Trupp, Gregoire and Kozek will be deadly this year. I like Malone, Watkins and Frattin too. I don't think Miller is the third guy on the top line though. Hextall and Mario are outstanding gritty type players. Davidson looked much more comfortable this year.

I just realized Toews didn't play, is he hurt?

Goaltending looked fine.

Yeah i was looking forward to seeing what little Toews can do with the Sioux Jersey on but i guess i will have to wait.

I agree, i dont like miller on the top line, Hak had him up there with Dunc and Osh WAY too long last year before replacing him with Kozek. Hak must see something in Miller in practice???

When Toews comes back into the lineup the lines will be shifted to fit him in somewhere. Perhaps Toews is the third player on the top line with Dunc and VV and miller was just filling his spot untill he returns (but it is unlikely a freshman is on the top line, but it is possible)