SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

That was the game down in Mankato....He took his 3rd penalty, came out of the box after it was over, and went right out of the rink I think without even stopping at the bench. ;)

actually, he went to the locker room instead of the box. there was a long delay getting him out of the locker room and into the box. the fans went crazy at Alltel. UND got absolutely smoked that game and it was an awful experience as a fan with all the Mankato faithful talking smack to the visiting fans.

Lee is a hockey player. He can skate, shoot, and make a play. Finley is not a hockey player. He's just big. There are some of you guys that because he played at UND you have him on a pedestal.

Lee didn't play to his potential at UND. Finley never had potential. That's the difference.

Don't believe me? Watch him get sent the ECHL by mid-season.

I am sorry, I thought a hockey player was someone who played hockey. I must be wrong about that. I do not have him on a pedestal because he played at UND, no one should be put on a pedestal because no one can live up to that standard. I trust the Caps and I trust Hak to know what they are doing when they recruit a player and work with that player. Just because you don't like someone, doesn't mean that someone else can't like them as a hockey player and as a Sioux fan....I will not sit back and watch/listen to someone bash someone who has no idea and cannot defend themselves. You want to tell Finley to that he is a horrible hockey player and person...go ahead...I dare you to say that to his face.

You want to tell Finley to that he is a horrible hockey player and person...go ahead...I dare you to say that to his face.

That is the beauty of the internet people can log in and bash a player without ever having to worry about it.

The comments about Finley on this message board and Brad Blog are what I would consider little rude, I would love to set up a meeting for these people and see if they are man enough to call Finley the things they have said. If Lee was a whipping boy Finley was X2.

I respectfully disagree with your premise.

Lee took way, way more crap here than Finley.

i agree with that as well, lee took more for sure and it got a little nasty. again i have no problem with getting on players, being disapointed in players and coaches as it comes with the territory with being a elite level division 1 player in a elite program but.........it doesnt need to get personal and thats where the line should be drawn imo. if a player is sucking he needs to be called out just like when a player is tearing it up he deserves to be praised just as much! go sioux......the road to title #8 starts very soon!

i agree with that as well, lee took more for sure and it got a little nasty. again i have no problem with getting on players, being disapointed in players and coaches as it comes with the territory with being a elite level division 1 player in a elite program but.........it doesnt need to get personal and thats where the line should be drawn imo. if a player is sucking he needs to be called out just like when a player is tearing it up he deserves to be praised just as much! go sioux......the road to title #8 starts very soon!

I dunno both took a lot of crap, I think for instance you can can say player "X" looked like a pylon without insulting their family or the player.

Looks like Tippett might be the new head coach for the Yotes.

He is, but I do have a question:

Is Gretzky still the GM?

I don't know how I feel about him stepping down as Head Coach. I thought he wasn't very good at GMing.... I'm not sure what he could have done with a Phoenix team no one cares about... except maybe for AZSioux :D

He is, but I do have a question:

Is Gretzky still the GM?

I don't know how I feel about him stepping down as Head Coach. I thought he wasn't very good at GMing.... I'm not sure what he could have done with a Phoenix team no one cares about... except maybe for AZSioux :D

i actualy had a great esperience working for the coyotes and wayne in 2005-06. he is a great person as the coyotes organization was but i never thought any of their GM/coach/owner decisions were good when talking about player personal. starting with their draft every year pretty much down to free agents they missed the boat it seem 80% of the time which is reflected in their record with that brass. if they won it would sell here like every sport here as there are so many choices from college to pro sports here to root for but they havent wont since late 90's. they bult the stadium away from many of their season ticket holders out in glendale which was a huge mistake and they have paid for it but in saying that it woldnt be near as bad if they won. just didnt work with wayne and phoenix for many reasons. wayne hired his agent mike barnett to be the GM there and that was a failure and the last 2 years have been even worse. then to end it all after this ownership debacle the team probably will be moved next year to hamilton. just has really taken a ugly turn and their 1st pre season has maybe 500 fans there. the fans are giving up on them of what fans and diehards there are as they do have a very loyal base but this mess has pissed them off as well

gretzky is gone all together

I didn't see this posted anywhere, but Big Joe Finley scored his first AHL goal of the preseason.....against Jordan Parise.

Brad posted it on his Twitter feed a few days ago.

and toews with 3 assists today for chi vs the swiss champs hc davos in 9-2 pre season win. those 3 assists were on the first 5 goals so not sure if he had more points. they play ZSC Lions in the Victoria Cup tomorrow

and toews with 3 assists today for chi vs the swiss champs hc davos in 9-2 pre season win. those 3 assists were on the first 5 goals so not sure if he had more points. they play ZSC Lions in the Victoria Cup tomorrow

just to add to that... the game tomorrow is broadcast on http://blackhawks.nhl.com at 1:15 p.m. And the Hawks go to Finland to play Florida Panthers Friday and Saturday at 11 a.m. central time and those games are being shown on Versus, as well as rebroadcast on the NHL Network at 7 p.m. both nights. for anyone interested in catching some of those games...

per brad

Sioux featured in ESPN the Magazine

Jonathan Toews is once again on the cover of a magazine. This time, it is ESPN the Magazine.

The NHL preview features four Blackhawks on the cover with Toews giving the photographer a death stare. Previously, Toews has been on the cover of The Hockey News a couple of times.

The ESPN article speculates that this will be the final year with both Toews and Patrick Kane in Chicago. The Hawks are in trouble financially after paying too much for other players. Anyway, this should be an exciting year to watch the Hawks.

toewsespn.jpg

per brad

Sioux featured in ESPN the Magazine

Jonathan Toews is once again on the cover of a magazine. This time, it is ESPN the Magazine.

The NHL preview features four Blackhawks on the cover with Toews giving the photographer a death stare. Previously, Toews has been on the cover of The Hockey News a couple of times.

The ESPN article speculates that this will be the final year with both Toews and Patrick Kane in Chicago. The Hawks are in trouble financially after paying too much for other players. Anyway, this should be an exciting year to watch the Hawks.

toewsespn.jpg

Ah Ess-pin, my favorite magazine.