SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/article/703041

There were a few laughs at Jason Blake's expense during the team's retreat. The idea was for roommates to find out something about each other and tell it to the whole group after dinner.

"Someone said Jason Blake's first kiss was with a cousin," said coach Ron Wilson. "It's when he was a little kid, though. I don't know if that's true. He said that somebody made that up, but that's what was reported. Stuff happens when you're a little kid."

Blake seemed surprised.

"Is that what he said? That's interesting," said Blake. At the time, the team was heading to play paintball. Blake was asked if he had a favourite target.

"Well, the coach, now," he said.

Article on Jordan Parise. Currently on the AHL Homepage as the featured story.

Pittsburgh, which had eyed Parise when he came out of North Dakota, nudged it open just a crack by offering him an AHL pact in early September. Parise couldn't autograph it fast enough before changing his travel plans from Europe to the Penguins' training camp.

The Oshie Madness continues...

ESPN.COM - Oshie Cult Hero in St.Louis

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4522321&a...egoryid=2459791

A Dog Named Oshie (with video)- this is getting out of hand now.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/colu...1B?OpenDocument

hell yeah, they compare his popularity there to pujols. holy sh#$

bad ass!!

Couple of comments on the Det and Chi games:

CHI game - This game displayed why the Hawks will fall short. HUET. Sorry guys. He made a few great saves, but he faded as the game went on and then, in the OT, he couldn't stop rolling molasses.

Yeah, Vokoun played well, but seriously...

DET- I know it is only one game, but seriously, still not impressed with Osgood. Question is: If Osgood regular season suckfest continues from last season, will Howard be able to keep the Wings afloat like Conklin did?

Who really knows.

Both teams are immensely talented offensively, but I'll have to give DET the nod organizationally. The Hawks just overspent and placed themselves in a goaltending quagmire by signing Huet to that ridiculous deal a few years back. Yes, I'll say it is even more ridiculous than the Hossa deal. Hossa is at least proven. Huet had one good year with Montreal and was alright with Washington and got that kind of a deal from Chicago? Seriously. Wow.

Maybe the Hawks should go after Budaj to round out the suckfest in the nets? Or perhaps find David Aebischer.

Couple of comments on the Det and Chi games:

CHI game - This game displayed why the Hawks will fall short. HUET. Sorry guys. He made a few great saves, but he faded as the game went on and then, in the OT, he couldn't stop rolling molasses.

Yeah, Vokoun played well, but seriously...

DET- I know it is only one game, but seriously, still not impressed with Osgood. Question is: If Osgood regular season suckfest continues from last season, will Howard be able to keep the Wings afloat like Conklin did?

Who really knows.

Both teams are immensely talented offensively, but I'll have to give DET the nod organizationally. The Hawks just overspent and placed themselves in a goaltending quagmire by signing Huet to that ridiculous deal a few years back. Yes, I'll say it is even more ridiculous than the Hossa deal. Hossa is at least proven. Huet had one good year with Montreal and was alright with Washington and got that kind of a deal from Chicago? Seriously. Wow.

Maybe the Hawks should go after Budaj to round out the suckfest in the nets? Or perhaps find David Aebischer.

any reason you like to keep reiterating this? i mean, i've known your opinion for months now. :angry:

your not wrong on huet, but i'm just saying...

Having watched every single game thus far of the NHL season, I think the combo of Oshie + Kariya is gonna be awesome.

Zajac and Parise start their seasons tonight against Philly and I'll be heading to the game with my brother after our Dad's 60th birthday party.

And most importantly: Zach Parise will get an "A" for this season from Coach Lemaire. Link