SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

So is Goon happy or mad that Mr. Kessel is no longer a Bruin? :lol: (via trade to Toronto)

I can't speak for Goon, but I'm not disappointed that the Bruins got 2 first round and 1 second round draft pick for him. Claude Julien is a good coach and he clashed with Kessel. 1 guess as to why...if you guessed that Kessel didn't want to play defense you are correct. Word is he demanded a trade out of Boston. What a punk. Kessel had a great year last year and as a Bruin I was glad...but now I can go back to hating the guy as he's a Maple Leaf.

He was a bitch when he played for the Gophers and he's doing it again now in the NHL. Good luck with him, Mr. Burke. And have fun in Toronto, Kessel. Wait until the Leafs suck it up again this year, only now you're in Toronto and you'll have everyone and their sister wanting to hunt you down.

I can't speak for Goon, but I'm not disappointed that the Bruins got 2 first round and 1 second round draft pick for him. Claude Julien is a good coach and he clashed with Kessel. 1 guess as to why...if you guessed that Kessel didn't want to play defense you are correct. Word is he demanded a trade out of Boston. What a punk. Kessel had a great year last year and as a Bruin I was glad...but now I can go back to hating the guy as he's a Maple Leaf.

He was a bitch when he played for the Gophers and he's doing it again now in the NHL. Good luck with him, Mr. Burke. And have fun in Toronto, Kessel. Wait until the Leafs suck it up again this year, only now you're in Toronto and you'll have everyone and their sister wanting to hunt you down.

Anyone who knows Jason Blake chime in and let me know if Kessel's personality is one that would clash with Blake's?

It might make for good lockerroom entertainment. :lol:

So is Goon happy or mad that Mr. Kessel is no longer a Bruin? :lol: (via trade to Toronto)

I knew this was coming so I am I dunno... The Bruins will be better in the future maybe with their draft picks.

They WILL NOT win the Stanley Cup this season.

Lucic will probably burry him the first time he plays against him. The sad part is the B's don't have a player to pick up the slack.

If he plays in the NHL I'm never watching or attending a game again.

why? He is not a bad hockey player despite what some people might think..The Caps must like him or they wouldn't have signed him and be keeping him. He wasn't built for the college game and half the things that people blame him for weren't his fault.

why? He is not a bad hockey player despite what some people might think..The Caps must like him or they wouldn't have signed him and be keeping him. He wasn't built for the college game and half the things that people blame him for weren't his fault.

I agree that he's not a bad hockey player but i don't understand your logic about being built for college hockey? what league is he built for in your opinion? Matt Greene, Mike Commodore, were both big bodies that adjusted to the college game and the pros. I would've hoped Joe would've developed like those guys but he didn't. The concussion didn't help his Senior year either.

I agree that he's not a bad hockey player but i don't understand your logic about being built for college hockey? what league is he built for in your opinion? Matt Greene, Mike Commodore, were both big bodies that adjusted to the college game and the pros. I would've hoped Joe would've developed like those guys but he didn't. The concussion didn't help his Senior year either.

i dont think anyone here or anywhere can even imagine what joe went through to play his senior season. i believe at one point it was looking like he wouldnt even play again last season or maybe in the future. was great to see him get healthy and get back out there. i never thoght joe would be a bruiser like greene and commodore as i think by a players sophmore season you can get a feel of what type of a player he will be or end up being. now the player that can be of that mold is macwilliam and watch out for blood and fienhage to be throwing some big time hits. greene had to leave after his junior season. he was dominant for sure but his style also wasnt going to play out in college without being in the box 3-4 times a game the way things are being called and we all know he was nhl ready which is the most important factor

My logic was that he was so big that his style of play didn't work against the shorter people in college as opposed to the NHL where most of them are on the taller side (most being 6 feet or taller). Greene was shorter than Joe, and it wasn't as much of a problem for him. To me it got to the point where Joe was being called for a penalty everytime he hit somebody or came within two feet of them, so he didn't do that in order to stay out of the penalty box. I also think that alot of people wrote Joe off and didn't think he was a good player because he didn't turn into the next Matt Greene (same thing that happened to Brian Lee). I could be wrong, but those were my thoughts on it.

greene had to leave after his junior season. he was dominant for sure but his style also wasnt going to play out in college without being in the box 3-4 times a game the way things are being called and we all know he was nhl ready which is the most important factor

my memory is foggy on when and where... but i recall that blaiser was frustrated with greener taking one too many penalties one game, and told him if he took another one, he might as well go to the locker room. well, inevitabaly he took another one and started to skate straight to the locker room before the ref reminded him he had to serve his two minutes first ;) gotta love greener, but az was right, his game, especially in todays college game was good for 3 or 4 interference and cross check calls a game :huh:

my memory is foggy on when and where... but i recall that blaiser was frustrated with greener taking one too many penalties one game, and told him if he took another one, he might as well go to the locker room. well, inevitabaly he took another one and started to skate straight to the locker room before the ref reminded him he had to serve his two minutes first ;) gotta love greener, but az was right, his game, especially in todays college game was good for 3 or 4 interference and cross check calls a game :huh:

I can't believe you mention him in the same sentence as Greene and Commodore on here. He's a cakeeater. When he came to UND, it was okay to compare him to Greene and Commodore because he was huge and sucked just like those guys did when they got here. Now he just simply sucks, hurt or not. He doesn't have hockey skills and he's a rockhead on the ice (and recently proved he is off the ice too). He was drafted on his size and potential and he's a bust. Why do you think they moved him to forward? They already know he won't play D in the NHL. They'll try him at forward and he won't cut it there either. It's way too late to make that adjustment. Name one guy that's done it...

I can't believe you mention him in the same sentence as Greene and Commodore on here. He's a cakeeater. When he came to UND, it was okay to compare him to Greene and Commodore because he was huge and sucked just like those guys did when they got here. Now he just simply sucks, hurt or not. He doesn't have hockey skills and he's a rockhead on the ice (and recently proved he is off the ice too). He was drafted on his size and potential and he's a bust. Why do you think they moved him to forward? They already know he won't play D in the NHL. They'll try him at forward and he won't cut it there either. It's way too late to make that adjustment. Name one guy that's done it...

Dustin Byfuglien - Chicago Blackhawks

-played defense at the start of the 07-08 season and was switched to a forward

IT CAN BE DONE.

keep trying bud. ;)

Dustin Byfuglien - Chicago Blackhawks

-played defense at the start of the 07-08 season and was switched to a forward

IT CAN BE DONE.

keep trying bud. ;)

Don't argue with him.

There are some haters who hate for fun and just can't let it go.

Finley will always suck to them.

Lee will always be awful and will never see a single NHL game.

Doesn't mean they are right. Just means they are fixated much like certain Gopher fans.

my memory is foggy on when and where... but i recall that blaiser was frustrated with greener taking one too many penalties one game, and told him if he took another one, he might as well go to the locker room. well, inevitabaly he took another one and started to skate straight to the locker room before the ref reminded him he had to serve his two minutes first :huh: gotta love greener, but az was right, his game, especially in todays college game was good for 3 or 4 interference and cross check calls a game :D

That was the game down in Mankato....He took his 3rd penalty, came out of the box after it was over, and went right out of the rink I think without even stopping at the bench. ;)

Don't argue with him.

There are some haters who hate for fun and just can't let it go.

Finley will always suck to them.

Lee will always be awful and will never see a single NHL game.

Doesn't mean they are right. Just means they are fixated much like certain Gopher fans.

Lee is a hockey player. He can skate, shoot, and make a play. Finley is not a hockey player. He's just big. There are some of you guys that because he played at UND you have him on a pedestal.

Lee didn't play to his potential at UND. Finley never had potential. That's the difference.

Don't believe me? Watch him get sent the ECHL by mid-season.

i dont think anyone here or anywhere can even imagine what joe went through to play his senior season. i believe at one point it was looking like he wouldnt even play again last season or maybe in the future. was great to see him get healthy and get back out there. i never thoght joe would be a bruiser like greene and commodore as i think by a players sophmore season you can get a feel of what type of a player he will be or end up being. now the player that can be of that mold is macwilliam and watch out for blood and fienhage to be throwing some big time hits. greene had to leave after his junior season. he was dominant for sure but his style also wasnt going to play out in college without being in the box 3-4 times a game the way things are being called and we all know he was nhl ready which is the most important factor

Having seen Greene skate in one of those practices at the Hockey Academy this summer that guy is a monster. His skating is improved many times over since he was here at UND.