smaby and hale healthy scratches tonight for TB

zajac and zpar in action

jason blake playing

toews and oshie player earlier today getting wins

stafford in action with buffalo

commodore for columbus

ryan johnson and canucks won today

is commodore banged up right now? he wasnt in the cbj lineup

Random Question, does anyone know what Brad Bombardir is up to cause I would swear that I kept hearing his name during the Wild game tonight? Not as a player, but as a tv guy or something like that? Am I hearing things?

In the last few years he was some sort of promotional/community guy for the Wild.

Ok, thanks. I knew that someone on here had to know. You guys are seriously better than Google! :)

he was doing player community relations when i worked there for a summer. had a desk right next to him and he was a super cool guy. i think he helps with a few broadcasts here and there

For those interested in following Ryan Bayda's season in WBS (or JPar if he should get callled up from Wheeling), I highly recommend Jon Bombulie's WBS Penguins Blog. In addition to game recaps, he always has some inside stories on the players' lives and funny locker room or off-ice stories.

He recently followed up on Bayda's journey from Saskatchewan to WB-S, PA offering this little anecdote:

...here are Ryan Bayda's secrets for a 35-hour car trip with a 2-year-old girl in the car: 1. portable DVD player with wireless headphones 2. make sure to get her some exercise on lunch break so she naps afterwards. Maintaining sanity on that drive may be Bayda's greatest accomplishment this season, no matter what he does on the ice.

Lightning assign Matt Smaby to Norfolk for Conditioning

Rather than Smaby just practicing and then sitting up in the press box during the games, the Lightning earlier today assigned him to Norfolk on a conditioning program. Smaby hasn’t played in the Lightning’s first two games and from the way things have looked, with defenseman David Hale and Lukas Krajicek getting the playing time, Smaby has been a healthy scratch.

Since he was sent down on a conditioning assignment, which can last no more than 14 days, he’ll remain on the 23-man roster.

Coyotes beat Pittsburgh, go to 3-0.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2009020033

I guess all they needed was a decent coach. :)

I watched the game.

It was pretty good.

Johnson made an insane save on Doan.

The other thing that was amusing was the announcers being surprised at Cook's penalty that nullified Goligoski's goal. I mean... it wasn't like it was overt or nothing. If Cook hadn't cross checked that Coyote player, that same Coyote player would have blocked the puck.

Cook is really overrated.

I watched the game.

It was pretty good.

Johnson made an insane save on Doan.

The other thing that was amusing was the announcers being surprised at Cook's penalty that nullified Goligoski's goal. I mean... it wasn't like it was overt or nothing. If Cook hadn't cross checked that Coyote player, that same Coyote player would have blocked the puck.

Cook is really overrated.

Are you talking about Matt Cooke that wears number 24 for the Penguins? That the guy is a major league hack.

per brad

Another 'A'

UND has another alternate captain in the NHL.

Zach Parise is wearing an 'A' this season as an alternate captain for the New Jersey Devils. He is the third former Sioux who will be wearing an 'A' this season.

Mike Commodore is wearing one for the Columbus Blue Jackets and Matt Greene is wearing one for the Los Angeles Kings.

Jonathan Toews, of course, is wearing the captain's 'C' for the Chicago Blackhawks. He is the youngest captain in the NHL.

Parise with his 1st goal tonight on the PP, with an assist for Zajac.

One of the Devils broadcasters asked Parise what his feelings were on the upcoming season. His response: "Jacques is awesome." :) Okay, have at it Lemaire-hating Wild fans.

Zajac sends the Devils/Lightning game into OT with a goal with .06 seconds left in regulation.

Looked like Parise hit it out of the air, like a basketball bounce pass over to Travis.

Parise does get an assist on the play.

Devils win it in the shootout. Parise with one of the shootout goals, with a classic Zach deke move.

Parise with his 1st goal tonight on the PP, with an assist for Zajac.

One of the Devils broadcasters asked Parise what his feelings were on the upcoming season. His response: "Jacques is awesome." :ohmy: Okay, have at it Lemaire-hating Wild fans.

As one of those "Lemaire-hating Wild fans" (except I'm no fan of the Wild), I don't think it can be best put in that black and white type.

Really, the reason why the Wild sucked was 70% Risebrough and 30% Lemaire.

I think Lemaire sought to get the best out of what he was given to work with. If that means providing Minnesota fans with Eaves-esque snoozefests and 2 and change goals per game on average, then that's what it meant.

Lemaire can only do so much with Risebrough's Retards.

He's only slightly less incompetent than McHale when he was GM of the T-pu$$ie$.

So, there's my opinion and remember: You asked for it. :lol:

So, there's my opinion and remember: You asked for it. :ohmy:

I did. I'm curious to know what assessment Wild fans would have of Lemaire's coaching this season, but not until it's the full lineup with Elias back to fix the chemistry issues.

Link to today's Star Ledger article on Zajac.

Lemaire compares and contrasts him to HOF'er Jean Ratelle; that's pretty high praise for a young player.

He has been compared to a young Jean Ratelle, but Lemaire thinks Zajac may have better skills than the Hall of Famer.