SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

I looked totally outclassed. I'm going to hang up the skates.

:lol:

(I got nothin')

There isn't a better coach than Brad Berry. We've seen him develop some of the best defensemen in college hockey, but even Brad couldn't get dagies off the double runners and skating backwards. Stick to your day job....pro hockey isn't in your future. :)

There isn't a better coach than Brad Berry. We've seen him develop some of the best defensemen in college hockey, but even Brad couldn't get dagies off the double runners and skating backwards. Stick to your day job....pro hockey isn't in your future. :lol:

I was still on the "tri" runners. My goal was to get to the doubles. And skating backwards....now that's just crazy talk.

Did anyone check out the scrimmage from Brad Berry's camp last week? Just wondering if anyone up there could give a report. thanks

Um, what would you like to know? The jersey auction was fun, as expected the former Sioux players jersey went for a lot.....I got outbid for a Manitoba Moose guy's jersey that I am pretty sure I was the only one there who knew who the heck he was. They did some drills and then scrimmaged for 40 minutes (two periods). The black team beat the green team by a score of 6-4, i believe. Matt Greene had a hat trick for the black team. For the auction, it was the jerseys that they were wearing so the player would take it off and sign it and give it to the person and then every other player would sign it. that was about it.

Random thought.......Greener is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!! at least compared to me, i really don't remember him being that big!

Um, what would you like to know? The jersey auction was fun, as expected the former Sioux players jersey went for a lot.....I got outbid for a Manitoba Moose guy's jersey that I am pretty sure I was the only one there who knew who the heck he was. They did some drills and then scrimmaged for 40 minutes (two periods). The black team beat the green team by a score of 6-4, i believe. Matt Greene had a hat trick for the black team. For the auction, it was the jerseys that they were wearing so the player would take it off and sign it and give it to the person and then every other player would sign it. that was about it.

Random thought.......Greener is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!! at least compared to me, i really don't remember him being that big!

I am a big fan of Greene but... how bad was the defense and goaltending if Greene got a hattie? :lol::)

All the players at the scrimmage game were great!

I was out bid (barely) on 2 Former Sioux Jersey's, but stayed around to speak to JPL, Chorn's and Bina...

I had the players grab some pucks out of the net's and got them to sign a few autograph's...Greene had a silver marker, so I had to con him into borrowing it so I could get a few other sig's...JPL is the MAN!!!

Greene is a Monster, and JPL looked good. There were some pretty awesome saves, even though it was a 6-4 final...

The kid from the Wild looked really quick. Jones looked good too...I was a little suprised with Bina, he looked a little lost during the scrimmage. I'm sure it was just an off day/practice...

Some kid (Fitzpatrick) "maybe" also looked good...

Note to the players at the camp, work on your PK's...The shoot out at the end was quite the stale mate...

i think they were just playing around, but it was not so good. Mostly the defense was...Goehring was the goalie for the green team. Fitzpatrick is the guy from the Manitoba Moose that I got outbid for his jersey! I hadn't gotten to see him play before this because he was hurt when I went up to Winnipeg to see that game. Bina did look a little lost, but I took it for being his first camp where as most of the other players had already been through a few camps.

I saw most of the guys out and about after the game at some bars (mostly judys haha no lie) and man for being pro hockey players, they sure no how to guzzle some alcohol. greene was pretty lit haha

and they are normal humans that do normal human things, did you think hockey players dont know how to drink :lol:

I know they are normal haha but i just thought it was funny to see how plasterd they get after having camp. What am i saying, i didnt have to buy one drink there thanks to some of the guys haha.

so they buy you drinks for the night and you go and post how drunk they got at a bar? next time you will have your own bar tab :):lol:

jeese why u so crabby? i was just posting.... oh thats right you live down in arizona havent been to a sioux game in years but obsessed with everyone that plays for them.

He is just giving you a little crap.I envy you for being able to go out and have a few beers with the boys as I'm sure AZSIOUX is.Did you get plastered to then?

Hey Sioux fans, it is that time of year again where we see many former sioux change teams in the minors and overseas. Here is my latest updated list. The NHL part should be good to go as of now but if any of you hear of signings of our former sioux please post them and i will update the list i have on my webiste. Here is the most recent updates for coaches and players. Thanks for any help

EDIT - i took out brad berry, if anyone hears on other players let me know, gracias!

CURRENT COACHES

NCAA

Dave Hakstol - Head Coach, University of North Dakota

Cary Eades - Associate Head Coach, University of North Dakota

Dane Jackson - Assistant Coach, University of North Dakota

Scott Sandelin - Head Coach, University of Minnesota Duluth

Lee Davidson - Assistant Coach, University of Minnesota Duluth

Tony Hrkac - Head Coach, Concordia University.Wisconsin Div-3

Mike Possin - Assistant Coach, St. Johns University - Div-3

ACHA

Mark Berge - Head Coach, Univ of Oklahoma.(College Club)

ECHL

John Marks - Head Coach, Augusta

Dane Litke - Assistant Coach, Augusta

Tim O'Connell - Assistant Coach, Stockton

NHL

Dave Tippett - Head Coach, Dallas Stars

Rick Wilson - Assistant Coach, Dallas Stars

James Patrick - Assistant Coach, Buffalo Sabres

Steve Peters - Video Coach, Phoenix Coyotes

NAHL

Craig Ludwig - Assistant Coach, Texas Tornado

USHL

Chad Johnson - Assistant Coach, Fargo Force

Jason Herter - Assistant Coach, Fargo Force

Nick Fuher - Assistant Coach, Lincoln Stars

CURRENT PLAYERS

NHL

Zach Parise - New Jersey Devils

Jonathan Toews - Chicago Blackhawks

T.J. Oshie - St. Louis Blues

Brian Lee- Ottawa

Travis Zajac - New Jersey Devils

Matt Smaby - Tampa Bay Lightning

Brandon Bochenski - Tampa Bay Lightning

Landon Wilson - Dallas Stars

Matt Jones - Phoenix Coyotes

Drew Stafford - Buffalo Sabres

Mike Commodore - Columbus Blue Jackets

Jason Blake - Toronto Maple Leafs

Ryan Johnson - Vancouver Canucks

Matt Greene - Los Angeles Kings

Taylor Chorney - Edmonton Oilers/Springfield(AHL)

David Hale - Phoenix Coyotes

AHL

Rylan Kaip - Atlanta Thrashers/Chicago Wolves(AHL)

Karl Goehring - Manitoba Moose

Brady Murray - LA Kings/Manchester(AHL)

Robbie Bina - Springfield(AHL)/Stockton(ECHL)

Chris Porter - Peoria/St. Louis

Bryan Lundbohm - Houston

Andy Schneider - Portland

Ryan Bayda - Albany/Carolina

Colby Genoway - Manitoba

ECHL

Jean-Phillipe Lamoureux - Peoria(AHL)/Alaska(ECHL)

Kyle Radke - Idaho Steelheads

Derrick Byfuglien - ?

Erik Fabian - Alaska Aces

CHL

Brad Williamson - Colorado Eagles

Aaron Schneekloth - Colorado Eagles

SWISS ELITE

Travis Roche - SC Burn

Curtis Murphy - Lugano

Brad Defauw - Nordsjaelland Cobras

Nick Naumenko - Ambri-Piotta

SWEDEN