SiouxSports.com Forum

Recruiting

SooToo

Doug McDermott visited UND with his Mom and Dad the weekend when the 89-90 team was inducted into the Hall of Fame. Doug really enjoyed his visit here and would very much like to be a Sioux. I'm not so sure we will have any schollies left for his position...? and I am not sure that he will walk-on. I believe that he will be allot like Greg and mature a little later, a redshirt would definitely help him, and I feel that by the time he is a Junior / Senior in College he could be a legit Big 12 type player. He really understands the game, and loves to play it. Doug leads the State of Iowa H.S> in FG %, once hitting 15 in a row over 2 games. It does help that on his team in Ames is Harrison Barnes, probably one of the top 3 recruits in the country right now, going to a Ames H.S. BBall games is like the movie "Blue Chips" with at least 5-7 big time coaches always there, from Roy Williams, Coach K, Bill Self, Tom Izzo and more....

Doug would be a great get for UND.....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doug McDermott visited UND with his Mom and Dad the weekend when the 89-90 team was inducted into the Hall of Fame. Doug really enjoyed his visit here and would very much like to be a Sioux. I'm not so sure we will have any schollies left for his position...? and I am not sure that he will walk-on. I believe that he will be allot like Greg and mature a little later, a redshirt would definitely help him, and I feel that by the time he is a Junior / Senior in College he could be a legit Big 12 type player. He really understands the game, and loves to play it. Doug leads the State of Iowa H.S> in FG %, once hitting 15 in a row over 2 games. It does help that on his team in Ames is Harrison Barnes, probably one of the top 3 recruits in the country right now, going to a Ames H.S. BBall games is like the movie "Blue Chips" with at least 5-7 big time coaches always there, from Roy Williams, Coach K, Bill Self, Tom Izzo and more....

Thanks for the insight - I hope we can get him!

star2city, great article you posted on Schuler. Look forward to seeing this kid play. Also found Grahams website.

www.ag-man.com. Dont know how to put the website so you can click it. Once on the website click on basketball team. You can scroll down and see the team. Schuler is 22. Also , scroll alittle further and you can see his point production for the year by game. Very impressive.

star2city, great article you posted on Schuler. Look forward to seeing this kid play. Also found Grahams website.

www.ag-man.com. Dont know how to put the website so you can click it. Once on the website click on basketball team. You can scroll down and see the team. Schuler is 22. Also , scroll alittle further and you can see his point production for the year by game. Very impressive.

Graham Falcons

Does anyone know the status of recruit Jordan May. He is usually at the games, but does not sit on the bench with the other redshirt freshman?

He's a nonqualifier this year. He got caught by surprise by the change in DI entrance requirements and didn't have some of the credits he needed(probably bad advising by a school counselor). If he's keeping up with his studies(which he most likely is) he should be a full member of the team this fall.

He's a nonqualifier this year. He got caught by surprise by the change in DI entrance requirements and didn't have some of the credits he needed(probably bad advising by a school counselor). If he's keeping up with his studies(which he most likely is) he should be a full member of the team this fall.

Does that mean that he has not been able to practice with the team?

Does that mean that he has not been able to practice with the team?

Correct. He can use the training facilities and get instruction from the strength and conditioning coaches, but he can't participate in practices or work with the basketball staff. (I'm assuming my info is correct about the type of ineligible he is, but I'm pretty confident in it.)

Correct. He can use the training facilities and get instruction from the strength and conditioning coaches, but he can't participate in practices or work with the basketball staff. (I'm assuming my info is correct about the type of ineligible he is, but I'm pretty confident in it.)

I heard that an additional core requirement has been added by the NCAA for 2009, which could result in more confusion for student athletes. Do you know anything about it Hammer?

I heard that an additional core requirement has been added by the NCAA for 2009, which could result in more confusion for student athletes. Do you know anything about it Hammer?

The 2008-09 manual doesn't show anything coming up next year, and that sort of thing would have to be planned several years in advance to give students time to alter their schedules(last year's changes were approved in 2003). I think all the changes planned for the time being happened last year(+1 math, +2 foreign language or other core classes).

• 3 weeks later...

According to a Wayne Nelson blog from earlier this week, UND has offered Doug McDermott. I had previously thought he was a senior this year, but apparently he's a junior.

I'm pretty sure both UND and NDSU have offered Hansted from Dickinson. He just went for 42 in the 3rd and 4th place game at the state tournament. Tournament record for a game is 47. The kid is a real talent and didn't force to get his 42. He plays in the system and works as hard on defense as he does on offense. It will be interesting to see what happens with him as he is only a sophmore.

• 2 weeks later...

Josh Schuler jsut got named co D-II player of the year in Ohio. The d-1 player of the year is signed to play for ohio st and the one who is sharing with Schuler is signed to Michigan State. Schuler also has better stats IMO than the other kid.

This is a great steal. I see this kid with Ben Woodside potetntial

Josh Schuler jsut got named co D-II player of the year in Ohio. The d-1 player of the year is signed to play for ohio st and the one who is sharing with Schuler is signed to Michigan State. Schuler also has better stats IMO than the other kid.

This is a great steal. I see this kid with Ben Woodside potetntial

Here's the link: Springfield News: Schuler Ohio DII player of year

Schuler averaged a team-best 22.5 points per game as the Falcons were named The Associated Press D-II poll champions and advanced to the Region 8 tournament semifinals. Schuler was named to the second team last season when the Falcons advanced to the state tournament.

"I'm just really glad the last two seasons were so successful," Schuler said. "I couldn't have asked to be in a better spot with great teammates and coaches. It's been a blast."

Although the team didn't advance as far this season, Schuler's numbers improved in every area, including scoring, rebounds (4.4 per game), assists (4.1), steals (3.2), field-goal percentage (54.2), 3-point shooting (40.3) and free-throw shooting (83.6 percent).

Schuler finished his career as the program's all-time leader in points (1,703) and steals (229). He has signed a letter of intent to play at the University of North Dakota next season, where he will likely redshirt.

image_8530860.jpg

Josh Schuler (left) of Graham is guarded by Chris Grabosky of

Columbus Bishop Watterson in a Division II regional semifinal game

at the Cintas Center on March 19. Bishop Watterson won the game

45-44 in overtime.

Any idea where that Storusten (I don't know if thats how its spelled) kid from Pelican Rapids is going to go to school? He impressed me just a little while ago in the MN State Championship Game- I could see a kid like that quietly becoming a pretty good college player, even D1.

Hasn't committed. BB offer from Northern State and walk on offer from UND FB according to one of his teammates. I think

he would come for a partial from either fb or bb but not sure. Great upside once he concerntrates on one sport. Hardnosed.

Played QB and could be SS. Big question is how he would handle speed in BB. Has heart. I would take a chance on him in

either sport.

Hasn't committed. BB offer from Northern State and walk on offer from UND FB according to one of his teammates. I think

he would come for a partial from either fb or bb but not sure. Great upside once he concerntrates on one sport. Hardnosed.

Played QB and could be SS. Big question is how he would handle speed in BB. Has heart. I would take a chance on him in

either sport.

Although UND men's basketball doesn't have any scholarships left as far as I know, I'd love to see him come here for hoops, perhaps with the promise of a scholarship for the 2010-11 season. I unfortunately didn't get a chance to see any of the state tournament, but I'm very impressed with his accomplishments.

He seems to be the type of local area kid that you would be happy to have and contribute to either football or basketball. I would imagine he might have been waiting until basketball season was over to make a school decision. Hopefully, the coaches have maintained contact through the winter.

I'm pretty sure both UND and NDSU have offered Hansted from Dickinson. He just went for 42 in the 3rd and 4th place game at the state tournament. Tournament record for a game is 47. The kid is a real talent and didn't force to get his 42. He plays in the system and works as hard on defense as he does on offense. It will be interesting to see what happens with him as he is only a sophmore.

He visited Minnesota this week, and Gonzaga is interested. If either of those teams offer, all the ND schools are out of the equation.