SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

Doesn't look like USD in 2014 is correct.

Also wondering if the Missouri State game is home/home and when we'll get the return trip.

Now it says Northern Arizona not North Dakota.

http://www.goyotes.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/052413aaa.html

VERMILLION, S.D.—University of South Dakota football will open its 2014 season against University of Oregon on Aug. 30 at Autzen Stadium in Eugene, Ore. The Ducks are a part of the Coyotes’ non-conference schedule which includes a trip to Montana (Sept. 13) and a home game against Northern Arizona (Sept. 20).

This was said on AGS:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?132590-South-Dakota-South-Dakota-football-to-take-on-Oregon-in-2014&p=1964134#post1964134

VERMILLION, S.D.--University of South Dakota football will open its 2014 season against University of Oregon on Aug. 30 at Autzen Stadium in Eugene, Ore. The Ducks are a part of the Coyotes' non-conference schedule which includes a trip to Montana (Sept. 13) and a home game against North Dakota (Sept. 20).

Doesn't look like USD in 2014 is correct.

Also wondering if the Missouri State game is home/home and when we'll get the return trip.

Tom Miller saying series will be renewed but 2014 in Vermillion isn't correct. USD plays NAU in 2014 instead. Very strange. USD's schedule is now full for 2014. If the game is actually 2015 instead, UND's schedule would then be full for that year. Since USD in 2014 is wrong, UND currently has 1 game to be scheduled in both 2014 (if UND wants to play 12 games) and 2015 (10 scheduled, only 11 allowed).

Wonder what the thoughts are for 2014. Currently sitting at 5 home games and 6 away games. Would be nice if a 12th game is scheduled, it would be a home game, but with the scheduling problems teams are having, getting the away part of a home and home (with substantial buyout ;)) would be understandable but not ideal, especially considering fans are getting 7 home games this year.

Missouri State almost has to be a home/home.

Tom Miller saying series will be renewed but 2014 in Vermillion isn't correct. USD plays NAU in 2014 instead. Very strange. USD's schedule is now full for 2014. If the game is actually 2015 instead, UND's schedule would then be full for that year. Since USD in 2014 is wrong, UND currently has 1 game to be scheduled in both 2014 (if UND wants to play 12 games) and 2015 (10 scheduled, only 11 allowed).

Wonder what the thoughts are for 2014. Currently sitting at 5 home games and 6 away games. Would be nice if a 12th game is scheduled, it would be a home game, but with the scheduling problems teams are having, getting the away part of a home and home (with substantial buyout ;)) would be understandable but not ideal, especially considering fans are getting 7 home games this year.

Missouri State almost has to be a home/home.

Maybe an OOC with other BSC member for a 12th game.

It would be pretty disappointing if we were playing 12 games next year with only 5 home games. Since it appears the USD game is a media mix-up, hopefully they are working on another home/home that begins at the Al for next season to set up a 6 home - 6 away schedule for next season. It would be nice to hear more about the Mo State contract. I wonder when they snuck that on the schedule. It appears nobody knew about it until people noticed it on the UND website today.

UND will travel to USD in 2014 per Jeremy Hoeck of the Yankton Press. I assume it has to be the front end of a home and home agreement. Nice, close OOC game. Guess we get to see how UND stacks up against MVFC teams in back to back weeks as UND plays Missouri State the week before.

This also gives UND 12 games for 2014 but only 5 home games. Good OOC schedule with San Jose State, Robert Morris and the two MVFC teams. Homes games will be Robert Morris, Montana (for 3rd year in a row), Portland State, Weber State and Northern Arizona.

Not sure on USD's 2015 schedule, but UND has the 3rd week of the season for an OOC game.

USD's inon-conference schedule is impressive in 2014: Oregon, Montana, UND.

Anyone have any idea on the Missouri St game? I don't recall seeing that on the schedule before but could be wrong. Is it part of some sort of home/home? I can't imagine they paid us money to play one game there.

That's great news about the Mo. State game for those of us down in this neck of the woods; for me, this will only be a two and a half hour drive.

I saw that. Definitely a plus in my book. The earliest I'd like to see a game start is 4. I'm still not a fan of the Thursday night games. I understand why they do it, but it makes it nearly impossible for people outside of the immediate Grand Forks area to go.

What is the reason for Thursday games? I would think students would not come since it is during the school week. Even less students that is then most Saturday games.

The Thursday games have been some of the highest attended by students actually. It's the first two weeks of school so there's not much of a homework load yet.

I notice on the updated schedule on the school website that the first three home games are going to be night games. I like that. :)

The year the Alerus Center opened (2001), we had a bunch of night games before hockey started and they were well-attended by everyone. Of course, that was an awesome team and the Alerus had the novelty factor, but I still like night games better than those 1pm kickoffs. I think the reason we went away from night games after that was that Dale Lennon didn't like night games, so they stopped scheduling them. ???

At least we don't have those stupid 11am "sunrise kickoffs" that the B1G has had for years. That would really bite; I like to sleep in on Saturdays sometimes. ;)

I like the night games, especially before hockey season starts. If the game is 1 PM kickoff you have to be up early and ready to go so it's not ideal for the students.

I also believe that night games allow the average fan, alumnus who lives in the area to get your Saturday to do list done in the morning...as well as hunting in October. Then you have the evening free for entertainment.

This is all simply my theory but I can recall my group not being ready in time to tailgate a 1 PM game as a student so we just didn't go and also hunting has pulled me away from a 1 PM game whereas if it was 4 or later I would be good to go.

What are some thoughts on this from those who live outside of Grand Forks?

• Upvote 1

I like the night games, especially before hockey season starts. If the game is 1 PM kickoff you have to be up early and ready to go so it's not ideal for the students.

I also believe that night games allow the average fan, alumnus who lives in the area to get your Saturday to do list done in the morning...as well as hunting in October. Then you have the evening free for entertainment.

This is all simply my theory but I can recall my group not being ready in time to tailgate a 1 PM game as a student so we just didn't go and also hunting has pulled me away from a 1 PM game whereas if it was 4 or later I would be good to go.

Actually I like it at night. I would take Saturday off for the game so I come home from work at 7:30am, sleep a little bit then drive up to GF, visit with my parents and friends and then go to the game.

• Upvote 1

Same exact deal with my friends. Nobody would ever want to go because they would either be out hunting or not be up and ready to go in time for tailgating.

• Upvote 2

I wonder what the payday will be? Good game to get, its always nice to get the OOC games on the slate early. However...will the Pac12 go the way of the B1G and not schedule FCS teams by then or do they figure "its a B1G" thing, and ignore them.

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=208111562&DB_OEM_ID=13500

The gap will be just over 75 years, but the University of North Dakota football team will play its second game against a member of the Pac-12 Conference when the Green and White travel to Salt Lake City in 2017 to take on the University of Utah in the season-opener for both schools.

UND athletics director Brian Faison announced the one-game deal on Tuesday that will pit the program against a Pac-12 foe for the first time since UND and Oregon played to a 0-0 tie in 1931. The game will be played on Thursday, Aug. 31 at Rice-Eccles Stadium.