SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS BADGERS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe I read that Hak rolled just the three lines in the 3rd and OT? I thought I read that he benched Radke? He took two penalties and one led to a goal. I hope he sees the ice in Denver, or will LaPoint get his spot?

I don't know... our PK just wasn't very good last night... in fact, not much was good at all in the second period last night.

The pass that led to McBain's goal was such a long pass that I felt that if we had been in our usual PK ability (what we've seen all year long) we've been able to at least disrupt the pass. UW tried to do the same thing later on in the game but with Gruehning (or something like that) taking the shot not McBain and we got a stick on the pass.

Radke's first penalty, I'll agree was stupid on Radke's part, though. But I wouldn't bench him.

At the Pepsi Center, though, we may see LaPoint in Marto's stead. Wouldn't be surprised if Marto played though. He wasn't very remarkable against UW or Princeton, but he has played and LaPoint has not.

We'll see what Hak does. If he plays LaPoint, Hak made the right move. If Hak plays Marto, he made the right move. IMBiasedO, either way is a good move.

I don't know... our PK just wasn't very good last night... in fact, not much was good at all in the second period last night.

The pass that led to McBain's goal was such a long pass that I felt that if we had been in our usual PK ability (what we've seen all year long) we've been able to at least disrupt the pass. UW tried to do the same thing later on in the game but with Gruehning (or something like that) taking the shot not McBain and we got a stick on the pass.

Radke's first penalty, I'll agree was stupid on Radke's part, though. But I wouldn't bench him.

At the Pepsi Center, though, we may see LaPoint in Marto's stead. Wouldn't be surprised if Marto played though. He wasn't very remarkable against UW or Princeton, but he has played and LaPoint has not.

We'll see what Hak does. If he plays LaPoint, Hak made the right move. If Hak plays Marto, he made the right move. IMBiasedO, either way is a good move.

I agree, but I like that play of Marto over Lapoint over the last month and a half.

As for Marto playing over Lapoint, I think part of that has to do with Lapoint still suffering from concussion symptoms from when he got hit from behind. And if that's the case, I wonder if altitude makes those symptoms worse.

I did notice at least one time during Sunday's game when Marto brought the puck up the ice and just blew by everybody. I love that kid's speed

Great win - what we needed was our studs to step up and they did. Anyone have any thoughts on why we gave up 80 shots (to Princeton and Wisconsin?) after playing smothering defense all the second half of the season? Could it be we didn't want to take penalties? Olympic ice? Change of strategy? Tournament tightness? - I was very surprised about this aspect of our game. If Boston puts up 40 shots they'll hang 5 or 6 goals on us.

Great win - what we needed was our studs to step up and they did. Anyone have any thoughts on why we gave up 80 shots (to Princeton and Wisconsin?) after playing smothering defense all the second half of the season? Could it be we didn't want to take penalties? Olympic ice? Change of strategy? Tournament tightness? - I was very surprised about this aspect of our game. If Boston puts up 40 shots they'll hang 5 or 6 goals on us.

like they have the last 2 years in the frozen 4 :lol:

Mark my words, Trupper will be back for the Frozen Four. It will be HUGE for us, Evan is a future Hobey candidate.

that would be bad ass if hes back for the F4

GO SIOUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

That IS awesome! Where'd ya find it? That's gotta be as Lammy is falling backward off the pile.

if you right click on the picture and check out properties you can see what sites its from. just a little helper

I agree, but I like that play of Marto over Lapoint over the last month and a half.

I don't see switching at this point...Marto will be the th d-man. Let's just hope Trupper can come back he adds a scoring element to the lower lines that right now is non- existant