SiouxSports.com Forum

Hobey Baker

sioux7>5

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Round two of the voting has been reset due to people hacking in and fixing it..... Lamoureux is currently only 200 votes behind first place. So we should all vote for him!!!

Hobey Voting

When I voted tonight(thursday)...this is the amount of votes for each:

4510: Simon Lambert, Sr, F, RIT

4371: Jean-Philippe Lamoureux, Sr, G, North Dakota

1162: T.J. Oshie, Jr, F, North Dakota

1030: Ryan Lasch, So, F, St. Cloud State

602: Kevin Regan, Sr, G, New Hampshire

555: Kevin Porter, Sr, F, Michigan

292: Nathan Gerbe, Jr, F, Boston College

274: Ryan Jones, Sr, F, Miami

251: Jeff Lerg, Jr, G, Michigan State

36: Lee Jubinville, Jr, F, Princeton

Fan voting only counts as 1%, where does the other 99% come from? Do coaches and writer make up the rest? :D

But what the use of voting anyway. Just about every writer out there have already given it to Porter.

According to the Hobey Baker website:

This top ten advances to the Selection Committee, which decides the eventual winner from the top ten. This committee is composed of print media, electronic media, NHL scouts, and the American Hockey Coaches Association (college hockey coaches). Its members are spread out among the hockey-playing section of the United States. The committee also includes an individual from USA Hockey.

Selection Committee terms are three years, and members may be reappointed. Selection Committee nominees are approved by a six-member Advisory Committtee representing expertise in all facets of hockey.

Fan voting only counts as 1%, where does the other 99% come from? Do coaches and writer make up the rest? :D

But what the use of voting anyway. Just about every writer out there have already given it to Porter.

yes its 1%. doesnt make a difference one bit from a fans standpoint.

heres how it works, just a little research does the trick from the hobey baker site

http://hobeybaker.com/vote/process/

Hobey Baker Memorial Award Selection Process

Every head hockey coach at an accredited Division I NCAA school receives one ballot. Coaches are asked to pick the top three players in their league and the top three players in the nation (two separate rankings, three players each; a player may be listed in both places, and a coach can vote for his own player).

Coaches from 58 schools receive a ballot. Those ballots, along with Vote for Hobey's Preliminary Voting results, are tabulated by an accounting firm to determing the 10 finalists.

This top ten advances to the Selection Committee, which decides the eventual winner from the top ten. This committee is composed of print media, electronic media, NHL scouts, and the American Hockey Coaches Association (college hockey coaches). Its members are spread out among the hockey-playing section of the United States. The committee also includes an individual from USA Hockey.

Selection Committee terms are three years, and members may be reappointed. Selection Committee nominees are approved by a six-member Advisory Committtee representing expertise in all facets of hockey.

Here is the part that impressed me about Hobey Baker

He gave his life protecting this country, this was something I was not aware of until reading the GF Herald today.

He had just gotten his orders to go home.

Baker was a player who continually brought a crowd to its feet, whether he caught the puck on the end of his stick, or picked an enemy punt out of the air. He was not, it was written, a showman, but he did everything with a sense of showmanship because it was natural to him.

And, when the skates and sticks and football pads were put away, Hobey Baker proved that his athletic skill could be carried further. He enlisted as a pilot in World War I and was part of the federal Lafayette Escadrille in France, flying with Rickenbacker and flying against Von Richtofen and Goering. He shot down three German planes in dogfights so gloriously depicted in the movies "Hells Angels" and "Dawn Patrol," and having survived the war, looked forward to the world remaining for him to conquer. Just before he was to leave France to return for a hero's welcome, he was killed while testing a repaired aircraft. He was only 26.

I think we have to win it all for Lammy to win too

wouldnt make a difference anyways since the award is given friday the off day at the frozen 4 and the voting is in that week. its over. game, set match kevin porter after tonight..............i dont care who its against, 4 goals is 4 goals and the hobey is over.

Porter has a melt down tonight, get a game misconduct, gives the bird to the ref, and throw sticks on the ice. If that would happen he still wins. They might as well give it to him. There is not a chance in hell that they would give it to UND two years in a row.

Even so, it would good if Lamoureux got at least 1% of the vote. :lol:

first... we all know this

second... i havent read all 150+ of your posts, but i have never seen a positive one

three... alot of us question if you're even a sioux fan, so why even post here?

Dean is a Gopher troll. Probably a Bison fan with penis envy, so he roots agains the Sioux and for the Gophers.