SiouxSports.com Forum

Hobey Baker

sioux7>5

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When are the three finalist announced? Thanks for the help. Go Sioux

The Hobey Hat Trick of three finalists will be announced on April 2, 2008 and the Hobey Baker Award winner will be announced Friday, April 11, 2008 from Pepsi Center in Denver, Colo. during the NCAA Frozen Four. The announcement will be aired live on ESPNU at 5:30 pm MT. Following is a closer look at each finalist.

http://www.hobeybaker.com/news/index.html?article_id=25

The Hobey Hat Trick of three finalists will be announced on April 2, 2008 and the Hobey Baker Award winner will be announced Friday, April 11, 2008 from Pepsi Center in Denver, Colo. during the NCAA Frozen Four. The announcement will be aired live on ESPNU at 5:30 pm MT. Following is a closer look at each finalist.

http://www.hobeybaker.com/news/index.html?article_id=25

Thanks AZ I appreciate your help.

Porter, Porter, and Porter. Mail it in.

Gerbe now leads the nation in scoring. Porter is not a given after disappearing in the playoffs. Heck Gerbe had 15 shots on goal alone against New Hampshire.

Of course I'm hoping for Jean Phillipe or the Osh.

Gerbe now leads the nation in scoring. Porter is not a given after disappearing in the playoffs. Heck Gerbe had 15 shots on goal alone against New Hampshire.

Of course I'm hoping for Jean Phillipe or the Osh.

hattrick will be gerbe, porter and jpl as i think all 3 of their teams adavnce as well to the frozen 4

Anyone else think Gerbe is almost a lock now unless JPL dominates and Gerbe gets bounced in the first round?

I would say JPL over Gerbe, but I'm not counting Porter out.

Gerbe getting bounced in the first round would help, but I won't root for that to happen :D

The recent play of Gerbe has just given the INCH and USCH staff something to write about. This award is already done and everyone knows it. At the start of the year there were three players named most often when discussing the Hobey. Oshie, Gerbe and Porter. Of the three Porter is the only one who stayed out of trouble. His stats are better (not a better player than the other two) and he plays for the top team in the country. The rest is window dressing.

Lastly, BC has had a very rough year until the last 3 weeks and there is no way that another Sioux player gets the Hobey until 2027.

BD

The recent play of Gerbe has just given the INCH and USCH staff something to write about. This award is already done and everyone knows it. At the start of the year there were three players named most often when discussing the Hobey. Oshie, Gerbe and Porter. Of the three Porter is the only one who stayed out of trouble. His stats are better (not a better player than the other two) and he plays for the top team in the country. The rest is window dressing.

Lastly, BC has had a very rough year until the last 3 weeks and there is no way that another Sioux player gets the Hobey until 2027.

BD

OSHIE JR for HOBEY

Porter, Porter, and Porter. Mail it in.

From Just personal experiences watching porter, he did not impress me much. I could be wrong but i don't think he even made the all Tourney team For the CCHA. Besides i think Michigan is Overated and the CCHA is a weak confrence. Michigan will be exposed in the NCAA's, St. Cloud will beat them in the Regional Final. Gerbe and th Eagles Will lose to the goofs in the first round and The Sioux Make it 4 Straight trips to the Frozen 4, securing the Hobey For JPL. Just My Opinion

From Just personal experiences watching porter, he did not impress me much. I could be wrong but i don't think he even made the all Tourney team For the CCHA. Besides i think Michigan is Overated and the CCHA is a weak confrence. Michigan will be exposed in the NCAA's, St. Cloud will beat them in the Regional Final. Gerbe and th Eagles Will lose to the goofs in the first round and The Sioux Make it 4 Straight trips to the Frozen 4, securing the Hobey For JPL. Just My Opinion

So you are saying that Jan Brady State is going to win a game?

BD