SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs PIONEERS

AZSIOUX

You are correct.... Malone has 15 penalties for 38 minutes. The only penalty that was not a two minute minor was Saturday night in Minneapolis where he got a 10 minute misconduct. He does not have a DQ.

That is what I thought...

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they are going to look at video after the game to give out penalties ... why not just get rid of the officials ... tape every game ... have the officials watch the game afterwords and hand out the penalties then? Seems like the "common sense" thing to do when the officials on the ice can't make the correct call. :lol:

The fact that Radke has to serve two games is BS. If he would have been tossed after the first fight, he would NEVER have been in position to fight a second time, so how can you punish a man twice for a referee's bad call?

I actually don't have a problem with Radke getting two games. He was already serving a penalty and was almost in the locker room before re-entering the ice to fight.

BTW, I'm glad he did it and if we play UMTC for the first round and they start getting cheap, look for Radke to be the one to take care of business. Again.

The fact that Radke has to serve two games is BS. If he would have been tossed after the first fight, he would NEVER have been in position to fight a second time, so how can you punish a man twice for a referee's bad call?

That does get my goat a little too. Just to clarify to everyone when I said the penalties were fair I meant not onesided too where just Kyle Radke or Big Joe got penalized.

Radke is actually getting off OK. Isn't the second game DQ typically a two game suspension?

I believe it still is, but I thought I saw that they got rid of the 3rd and done. I think you just keep getting DQ'd for the corresponding amount of game. 3rd fight, 3 games.

Radke is actually getting off OK. Isn't the second game DQ typically a two game suspension?

it is if it is your second game dq, which couldn't be possible in the same game, but i see what you're saying. he is not getting off anything. hunt f-ed up the radke/testwide altercation (which they both should have been tossed for after a few good punches would have been exchanged). the fact that he kept both of them in the game allowed radke to fight, again, and finally get tossed like he should have earlier. and radke wouldn't have had to kick the sh#t out of vossberg if the dumbass du players would have just gone to the locker room instead of acting tough having the entire bench try to intimidate finley, genoway and our goalie. 15 on 3, i guess that one slipped out of gwoz' rules of combat conduct :lol: edit: gwoz is hands down my favorite nancy boy in college hockey now, what a tool!

I believe it still is, but I thought I saw that they got rid of the 3rd and done. I think you just keep getting DQ'd for the corresponding amount of game. 3rd fight, 3 games.

There is no longer a third and done that was a stupid rule that wooger wanted in the league.

I sent Gwoz a polite email earlier today, just asking him for clarificiation about the Testwuide/Gordon fight from last year and the Radke/Vossberg fight from this past weekend.

He sent me a nice email just a bit ago and among other things, mentioned that both Radke and Testwuide were given an additional game DQ today by the WCHA for Sat night's activities.

So Radke will be forced to sit out both BSU games, and both Testwuide and Vossberg from DU will be out for DU on Friday night against UAA.

So basically Gwoz told you the league checked the tape and decided that another WCHA ref blew a call during the game and now he will be without Testwuide in addition to Vossberg. Did he give an indication in his reply as to whether he was happy with his decision to pursue this with the league or in hindsight should he just let it go? I don't see where he gained anything out of this.

I sent Gwoz a polite email earlier today, just asking him for clarificiation about the Testwuide/Gordon fight from last year and the Radke/Vossberg fight from this past weekend.

He sent me a nice email just a bit ago and among other things, mentioned that both Radke and Testwuide were given an additional game DQ today by the WCHA for Sat night's activities.

So Radke will be forced to sit out both BSU games, and both Testwuide and Vossberg from DU will be out for DU on Friday night against UAA.

So is Radke the first player to ever get 2 separate fighting DQ's in the same game ? Let's see someone top that ! :lol:

I don't have a problem with that decision IF the refs also are suspended, after all without their incompetence the second fight would never have happened. Not only did they not throw Radke and Testwuide out but they consistently allowed denver to empty their bench after every period ended. Certainly after the Radke/Testwuide fight earlier in the period they should have ensured that the teams get to the locker room without incident. If the refs aren't suspended then Radke should only get one game and Testwuide should not be suspended.

What is the rule for fighting? It seems the way they are calling it, in general, is that if you throw a punch with a gloved hand it is OK, you might get a roughing call but no DQ. If you drop the gloves and throw punches you get the DQ (except for Radke/Testwuide, still don't get that one).

What's it going to take for the league to dump Shepard and company? They can't handle replays, they can't call obstruction properly, and they can't handle game situations. This has been going on for years and seems to be getting worse, not better, each year.

So basically Gwoz told you the league checked the tape and decided that another WCHA ref blew a call during the game and now he will be without Testwuide in addition to Vossberg. Did he give an indication in his reply as to whether he was happy with his decision to pursue this with the league or in hindsight should he just let it go? I don't see where he gained anything out of this.

The question I have is that now Radke has 2 DQs, both for fighting, what happens if he should drop the gloves against SCSU?

Yep. Essentially they gave both Testwuide and Radke fighting DQ's for their earlier fight in the game.

So, in essence, Radke was penalized for the fact that the refs failed to make the right call in the first place. If they throw out the players in the first place as they should have, there isn't even the possibility of the second fight and the second game of suspension. Bravo WCHA!! Bravo!! Shouldn't we be waiting for yet another public apology from the WCHA. Funny thing is, Gwoz didn't seem to mind when a WCHA screw-up resulted in his team winning a game. At that time, there were no newspaper articles detailing his "disappointment" with Wisconsin.

Yes even if known as the UND Cocker Spaniels. This years Sioux play is closer to the edge than any of the bad ass Sioux teams of the past. I've only seen three incidents. The run the Sioux player took on the UW kid, the Kozek run at the end of the 2nd period at the Ralph, and the Zajac hit on Anderson.

These three plays don't seem like typical Sioux hard nosed hockey. I recognize there is validity in the concept that if the refs aren't going to call ticky/tack stuff the Sioux will make you pay double. I also see some of the stuff as players losing control of their emotions.

I'm getting the feeling that is mostly part of Haks plan. The only guys outside of Finley who are mixing it up are expendable third/fourth liners.

The rules on charging aren't quite clear to me. In the UW game it appears to me that Kaip coasted for a very long way before he it that guy, only currected his line but didn't take a real "stride". Depending on the definition of the penalty I'm not sure that's a run.

I'm curious if he replied to your comment about his player doing the exact same thing to Gordon that he was complaining about with Radke.

If it's really the Sioux who are the problem, and if the officials are even coming close to calling the game properly, then the Sioux will be appropriately penalized and other teams will have the clear advantage. But, since other teams have not gained a clear advantage, it seems highly likely that both teams are equal combatants. It then follows that those that are complaining about the Sioux are doing so more on the basis of "sour grapes" than on some factual basis.

I love being a Sioux fan!! And it's great to know that others are getting so upset because our team is the team coming out on top. I love this team. We're getting under the skin of others and that can only help our chances as we go forward. Rattling the opposition generally doesn't lead to better play by the opposition.

Regardless of whether the ref blew the call in not throwing out Radke in the first place, Radke needs to take responsibility for his actions. It's hardly the refs fault if Radke wants to get into 2 fights in the same game. He made his decision to "go" again and now he has to accept the consequences.

So is Radke the first player to ever get 2 separate fighting DQ's in the same game ? Let's see someone top that ! :lol:

I believe a Canisius player got 2 the weekend before last. I don't think he was the 1st either. My question is if this is another DQ or is it just a suspension from the league. If it is another DQ per NCAA rules, one would think he would be out 3 games. If the league just tacked on another game, then it is different.

I'm curious if he replied to your comment about his player doing the exact same thing to Gordon that he was complaining about with Radke.

That was actually my main question to him...why he opposed Radke doing it, but at the same time Testwuide did it to Gordon last year.

He essentially said that they were not similar cases because in the Gordon/Testwuide fight, they both had their gloves/helmets still on, which minimized the impact of the punches. He didn't say anything about why the fight continued on despite Gordon being on the ice though.

Regardless of whether the ref blew the call in not throwing out Radke in the first place, Radke needs to take responsibility for his actions. It's hardly the refs fault if Radke wants to get into 2 fights in the same game. He made his decision to "go" again and now he has to accept the consequences.

Too a large degree it is in this case.

If you want Radke to take responsibility for his actions then the same should apply to the ref. Had Hunt done his job then Radke couldn't have been in 2 fights in the same game even if he wanted to since he would have been tossed after the first. I am fine with a 2 game suspension for Radke as long as Hunt is suspended also. Let's hold them both accountable for the fights. It's not as if the 1st fight was a borderline decision for Hunt, they both dropped the gloves and threw punches. Seems like the league doesn't feel it was correct since the additional DQ's were handed out after a review. Maybe we will find out in two or three weeks that Hunt was suspended after someone notices that he didn't work any games. The league is not very upfront when it comes to suspensions for officials, seems like it takes quite awhile to be made public.

he hasnt been suspended yet this year but if you are referring to 2 fights in 1 game then the 2nd shouldnt have happened. isnt possible right?? i didnt think it was.......hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... a ref f's it up so he gets 2 games :lol:

oh well, move on and whoop bsu then umd