Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
geaux_sioux

Spring Ball 2018

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Finn flick said:

I found it. Aug 30.  How come on a Thursday? Dang it. Can’t miss 2days of work.  Shucks may not be able to come

First game of the year usually is on Thursday, or seems like it has been the last several years.  I think that weekend is Labor Day weekend so a lot of people may not be around on the weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

the dates need to be corrected for the Wash, Sam Houston, Idaho St and N Colo games.  They are all listed as Sunday.

Those dates are all correct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

No spring game: confirmed. 

Not a huge deal in the overall scheme of things. Most important factor is on-the-field success (aka wins). Until UND can beat NDSU, they will remain second fiddle in the region.  Has nothing to do with #1 team in country status, but rather #1 team in region. Just so happens that #1 team in region is also #1 in country. 

Was hoping 2017 was going to be the year. Of course, under such high expectations, UND choked big time instead. 

I know, it's not the end of the world, but I always liked the spring game to build excitement for the upcoming season, but I know what you are saying about playing second fiddle.   We can't even get the spring game televised and NDSU does.    A lot of it comes down to marketing

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Finn flick said:

Those dates are all correct

DATE OPPONENT SITE  TIME 08/30 Missippi Valley State Grand Forks, N.D. TBA 09/09 at Washington Seattle, Wash. TBA 09/16 at Sam Houston State Huntsville, Texas TBA 09/23 Idaho State  Grand Forks, N.D. TBA 09/30 at Northern Colorado Greeley, Colo. TBA  10/13 Montana  Grand Forks, N.D. TBA  10/20 at Sacramento State  Sacramento, Calif. TBA 10/27 Weber State Grand Forks, N.D. TBA  11/03 at Idaho Moscow, Idaho TBA 11/10 Portland State Grand Forks, N.D.     TBA  11/17 at Northern Arizona Flagstaff, Ariz. TBA Home games listed in BOLD

the spring football prospectus listed dates for the bold games are all sunday and incorrect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TRex said:

I know, it's not the end of the world, but I always liked the spring game to build excitement for the upcoming season, but I know what you are saying about playing second fiddle.   We can't even get the spring game televised and NDSU does.    A lot of it comes down to marketing

Last I heard is Midco is planning to broadcast the spring scrimmage 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ND1 said:

Last I heard is Midco is planning to broadcast the spring scrimmage 

That's certainly a plus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2018 at 9:41 AM, TheFlop said:

Will Bubba take the necessary steps to clean up the culture of the team?  Or will he just wait another year or two for graduations....or at least for eligibilities to run out..... to take care of the problem?

It appeared that the player issues came mainly from kids that were recruited under Bubba's regime.  I'm assuming more of the same issues unless "we want quality kids" is acted upon instead of just being a nice little saying.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

The spring game should be more of an event. It's a glorified practice right now.

Exactly my thoughts as well. Why disregard the extra opportunity to excite fans in the Alerus Center? Trial run for new, exciting in-game production for the fall? 

Instead, entire opportunity is being overlooked. Poor marketing.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2018 at 11:00 AM, Nodak78 said:

DATE OPPONENT SITE  TIME 08/30 Missippi Valley State Grand Forks, N.D. TBA 09/09 at Washington Seattle, Wash. TBA 09/16 at Sam Houston State Huntsville, Texas TBA 09/23 Idaho State  Grand Forks, N.D. TBA 09/30 at Northern Colorado Greeley, Colo. TBA  10/13 Montana  Grand Forks, N.D. TBA  10/20 at Sacramento State  Sacramento, Calif. TBA 10/27 Weber State Grand Forks, N.D. TBA  11/03 at Idaho Moscow, Idaho TBA 11/10 Portland State Grand Forks, N.D.     TBA  11/17 at Northern Arizona Flagstaff, Ariz. TBA Home games listed in BOLD

the spring football prospectus listed dates for the bold games are all sunday and incorrect.

'What’s going on?  If you go to the Site that has the Roster,Coaches, Stats etc the Schedule is there and all dates are correct on Sat except opening game on Thursday. I tried to Copy or get the Link but it didn’t work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Finn flick said:

'What’s going on?  If you go to the Site that has the Roster,Coaches, Stats etc the Schedule is there and all dates are correct on Sat except opening game on Thursday. I tried to Copy or get the Link but it didn’t work

The games are sat.   But the Spring Football prospectus dates were Sunday for those 4 games.  Just an error.  I was wondering if anyone else noticed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loads of great info here. Lots of weight updates as well. Tank has put on over 30 lbs but still isn’t over 300..... he was around 265 to end last season....

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Loads of great info here. Lots of weight updates as well. Tank has put on over 30 lbs but still isn’t over 300..... he was around 265 to end last season....

 

 

Wow, I remember Tank looking thin last year but 265 is crazy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tank now 299. I like that. 

Blair only 253 ("skinny tight end" )Jenkins 303. Bennett up to 250, Seguin 267. 

DB's: Blubaugh up to 193, Canady, 205, Shannon 195

Like Hayden Reynolds as LB. RSF

Each QB could start. Ketteringham with inside track. Boltman best athlete. 

Big year for Rudy to adapt and evolve. Certain that they will have SCREEN PASSES this year. Want to see Big 3 on the field together.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, shep said:

Tank now 299. I like that. 

Blair only 253 ("skinny tight end" )Jenkins 303. Bennett up to 250, Seguin 267. 

DB's: Blubaugh up to 193, Canady, 205, Shannon 195

Like Hayden Reynolds as LB. RSF

Each QB could start. Ketteringham with inside track. Boltman best athlete. 

Big year for Rudy to adapt and evolve. Certain that they will have SCREEN PASSES this year. Want to see Big 3 on the field together.

 

If Big 3 aren't on field many times together, this board will be calling for a few heads. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×