SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 UND Recruiting

AJS

3 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

He looked pretty good.  SCL is a run-option team so they ran  the majority of the time.  The QB only threw the ball 9 times in the game.  Nevertheless, the talent is definitely there.  He was targeted 7 times and caught 5 balls. The two misses were knocked down at the line of scrimmage and the other was a throw that was in double coverage that he couldn't quite bring it.  A couple of jump balls where he definitely had the advantage in height, but the QB underthrew him a bit so he had to adjust.  Ran some pretty good routes, including on his long TD catch and showed some decent speed.  He also had a great read on the Pequot QB on a interception and was the teams punted.  Had 2 punts for 83 yards. 

Think he ended up with 5-131 and 1 score in a rout or Pequot.  Pierz might give them a bigger challenge in the 3A title game.

He will be a nice addition to that WR core for sure.  

Faster that Wanzek? I hope so.

12 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

A 3 win season will do that ...

If UND had poor depth this season following 7-4 and 9-3, what will 3-8 bring? 

The 2017 recruiting class that redshirted is the only shot UND has at being a contender in 2018. 

This year showed what happens when true freshmen and red shirt freshmen are relied upon for depth.  They aren't ready when surrounded by other true freshmen and red shirt freshmen.  Hoping the experience and player development this year helps build needed depth. I am hoping the 2018 class can all redshirt, with the exception of a JUCO or transfer at a position of need (interior OL, DB or LB).

17 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

There were redshirts that didn't have to be pulled due to injury? 

Ha apparently ... sure doesn't seem like it.

I guess I'm also including the transfer QB Nate Ketteringham. Hopefully he is the real deal.  

Receivers Griebel and McKinney could be new contributors for 2018. Rest of the receiving corps largely returns also.

Perhaps Kruse and Jenkins compete for play at the offensive line.

Noah Larson could be darn good considering the talk surrounding him this fall. The defensive line freshmen also have been talked up.

There could be some surprises, and for UND's sake, I sure hope they are all pleasant surprises.

Go UND

9 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

You don't believe 3-8 will affect the program's progress moving forward? That's more interesting than anything else you've said. We'll see.

I have a suggestion.  If you have a donut to wager - I have a $100 bill.  The wager UND 2018 football team will make the playoffs and win at least one game.  Do you have a donut.

8 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

I have a suggestion.  If you have a donut to wager - I have a $100 bill.  The wager UND 2018 football team will make the playoffs and win at least one game.  Do you have a donut.

I'm too biased to wager against UND making the postseason. I sure hope they are there and dammit win the whole thing. With that said, when I try my hardest to ignore my biases, I am having a hard time seeing this team make the playoffs next season.

I'm going to hope for the best but expect, well, let's just say not the best. 

Go UND!

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I'm too biased to wager against UND making the postseason. I sure hope they are there and dammit win the whole thing. With that said, when I try my hardest to ignore my biases, I am having a hard time seeing this team make the playoffs next season.

I'm going to hope for the best but expect, well, let's just say not the best. 

Go UND!

you biased IMHO

28 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

You don't believe 3-8 will affect the program's progress moving forward? That's more interesting than anything else you've said. We'll see.

I'm guessing he was referring to you saying the 2017 class is our ONLY shot and hope for making the playoffs next year.  Yes a couple guys like Larson and a few other guys will likely be contributors, they will be a piece of it sure.  But saying they are our only hope does seem a little over the top.    

11 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I'm guessing he was referring to you saying the 2017 class is our ONLY shot and hope for making the playoffs next year.  Yes a couple guys like Larson and a few other guys will likely be contributors, they will be a piece of it sure.  But saying they are our only hope does seem a little over the top.    

Completely over the top.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Of course it will, but your statement that the redshirts are our only chance st success is asinine.

Consider Ketteringham a part of that class. If UND has to rely on Zimmerman or Boltmann at QB for 2018, I'll go with the prediction of UND having a losing season again. 

16 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Consider Ketteringham a part of that class. If UND has to rely on Zimmerman or Boltmann at QB for 2018, I'll go with the prediction of UND having a losing season again. 

You already know Zimmerman can't lead the team after watching him for one half?   I don't think most people include transfers as part of a recruiting "class" so I guess I don't necessarily consider Ketteringham part of the 2017 class.   But if you are saying all transfers are included in that class, that means Boltmann, Zimmerman, and Ketteringham are all part of that class.  Well then duh, yes....because those will be the top 3 QB's on the team.......so yes we will for sure need them to make the playoffs.  Boltmann is the only one I truly consider part of the 2017 class, and I'm guessing he doesn't start.  If he does that is awesome and means he is a stud.  

52 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

A strong OL that will most likely not consist of a bunch of rs fr is the key to our success next year.

• Upvote 4