SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

Just stupid to have Pittsburgh going to Chicago instead of Minnesota or St Louis. NHL leans so heavy on teams like Pitt/Washington/NY Rangers promoting them, when Minnesota and St Louis have great rosters and solid fanbases.

I like the idea of the rivalry games outdoors, but have someone else play in the 2nd game not NY Rangers again. Bring in Buffalo or any one on the east coast for that matter. You'll see a half empty stadium for the 2nd game for sure.

Just stupid to have Pittsburgh going to Chicago instead of Minnesota or St Louis. NHL leans so heavy on teams like Pitt/Washington/NY Rangers promoting them, when Minnesota and St Louis have great rosters and solid fanbases.

I like the idea of the rivalry games outdoors, but have someone else play in the 2nd game not NY Rangers again. Bring in Buffalo or any one on the east coast for that matter. You'll see a half empty stadium for the 2nd game for sure.

I see the NHL is absolutely shameless in promoting only a couple of teams...they could hold a game in Fargo in the parking lot of the FargoDome and draw 40,000 people to see Winnipeg vs Minnesota...but why do that when you can have the Rangers play outdoors twice in three days?

Sources: NHL finalizing 6 outdoors

Umm..no! Also, I was very surprised to see that Minnesota was not on this list.

From what I have read and heard Minnesota didn't want any of what they are calling secondary outdoor games and only really wanted an outdoor game if it is the Winter Classic so with Toronto and Detroit already having it for next season they decided to just wait for the 2015 Winter Classic and it really sounds like they expect to get it.

From what I have read and heard Minnesota didn't want any of what they are calling secondary outdoor games and only really wanted an outdoor game if it is the Winter Classic so with Toronto and Detroit already having it for next season they decided to just wait for the 2015 Winter Classic and it really sounds like they expect to get it.

OK - that makes sense then. I'm assuming this 6 outdoor game extravaganza is just for next year, then they'll go back to the 1 main Winter Classic after that. But I've been known to be wrong before...

OK - that makes sense then. I'm assuming this 6 outdoor game extravaganza is just for next year, then they'll go back to the 1 main Winter Classic after that. But I've been known to be wrong before...

...hopefully it's not a precursor to a league-wide extravaganza in 2015...GROAN.

Detroit, Philly, and the Rangers are also all looking rough early. With only 42 games, these missed points are going to keep someone out of the playoffs.

As the season draws to a close, the playoffs have maintained the somewhat different look I noted at the beginning.

In the East, the Devils seem out. Philly seems out. Rangers are on the bubble. It could also be quite Canadian -- 2 of the Canadian teams have clinched (Montreal, Toronto), and 2 can still make it (Ottawa, Winnipeg).

I don't follow the West much, but the Redwings (21 season playoff streak!) are currently on the outside looking in, but do seem to control their own destiny. Minnesota and Columbus would both make it if the season ended today.

My Predators are absolutely embarrassing this year :sad: I'm not a fair weather fan so I'll stick with em, but geez, this is painful. Hope we get some good draft picks out of it.

Preds up 1-0 on BJ thru 2. Wild could back in if that stands.

Round 1...Wild vs Toews and Co.

I'm a Hawks and Wild fan so I guess either way I'll have a team moving on. I see it as a 4-1 maybe 4-2 series for the Hawks, I think the Wild needs to improve the defensemen other than Suter and Brodin and also needs an upgrade in the net to become a real cup contender.

I'm a Hawks and Wild fan so I guess either way I'll have a team moving on. I see it as a 4-1 maybe 4-2 series for the Hawks, I think the Wild needs to improve the defensemen other than Suter and Brodin and also needs an upgrade in the net to become a real cup contender.

I'm with with all of thee above. MN top line is good and Cullen Zucker Setaguchi is a very creative 2nd line. Lines 3 and 4 stink and the depth of the Hawks will be too much.

The Bruins/Senators game today will decide 3 playoff series in the East:

1. Bruins win in regulation, Bruins are #2 and Senators are #8 - Bruins play Islanders and Senators go to Pittsburgh, Montreal drops to #4 and plays the Leafs.

2. Bruins win in OT, Bruins are #2 and Senators are #7 - Bruins play Senators and the Penguins play the Islanders, Montreal drops to #4 and plays the Leafs.

3. Senators win (either regulation or OT) - Senators move to #7 and the Bruins stay at #4 - Senators play the Canadiens and the Bruins play the Leafs, the Penguins play the Islanders.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...