SiouxSports.com Forum

sioux at denver sat night

siouxweet

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

apparently bruce mccleod was there last night and wasn't happy with the officiating, he needs to take the bull by the horns and do something about it. the wcha "refs" need to start calling the game the way it is supposed to, or we need to bring in a new commish who will do something about it. case and point, guys like stastny, parise, zajac, toews and other offensive forces who were stifled by the wcha non-reffing are now fluorishing in the nhl, where the refs are now calling the game the way it should be. on the flip side, wcha defensemen are having trouble adjusting. guys like smaby, carsle, jones, hale and other big mean defensive forces who were used to manhandling guys are having trouble even staying up with the big club. the wcha, which is the best college hockey in the nation, is going to start losing the top end talent, whether it be more early defections or guys deciding to go other routes all together. i LOVE college hockey, but the wcha officiating is bringing down the product we see on the ice. sorry about the long rant, but i feel very strongly about this, and if things continue this way, i think wcha hockey as a whole will suffer greatly. lets finish this game sioux!!!

I believe the problem is that McCloud and especially Sheppard don't want the game called right. I think they want the refs to call it this one sometimes and another way at other times. "Do it so much and no more."

How else do you explain how every officials calls it equally bad?

apparently bruce mccleod was there last night and wasn't happy with the officiating, he needs to take the bull by the horns and do something about it. the wcha "refs" need to start calling the game the way it is supposed to, or we need to bring in a new commish who will do something about it. case and point, guys like stastny, parise, zajac, toews and other offensive forces who were stifled by the wcha non-reffing are now fluorishing in the nhl, where the refs are now calling the game the way it should be. on the flip side, wcha defensemen are having trouble adjusting. guys like smaby, carsle, jones, hale and other big mean defensive forces who were used to manhandling guys are having trouble even staying up with the big club. the wcha, which is the best college hockey in the nation, is going to start losing the top end talent, whether it be more early defections or guys deciding to go other routes all together. i LOVE college hockey, but the wcha officiating is bringing down the product we see on the ice. sorry about the long rant, but i feel very strongly about this, and if things continue this way, i think wcha hockey as a whole will suffer greatly. lets finish this game sioux!!!

I completely agree. If the reffing doesn't start changing, and soon, guys won't play in this league because they can go another route to get to the nhl, and do better without having to play against the refs as well as the other team.

Poor leadership is absolutely correct. But then again, nothing will be done because McLeod does a good job of placating or diverting the coaches' attentions and Shepherd has done a good job with buddying up to McLeod.

To be honest, the McLeod-Shepherd relationship is a lot like the Ford Family and Matt Millen. Or Gene Taylor and Kevin McHale.

I believe the problem is that McCloud and especially Sheppard don't want the game called right. I think they want the refs to call it this one sometimes and another way at other times. "Do it so much and no more."

you could be right, and if that is the case, then we need a changing of the guard. i have heard this mentioned before, claiming that it is supposed to keep some of the lower teams competitive with the stronger, faster, better teams, but that reasoning is a bunch of bs. if a team is better than you, then you better figure out a better way to beat them. and i don't blame the teams that continue to do this clutch and grab, because they continue to get away with it. it just is frustrating to watch. we could have such a better product on the ice if it was called correctly.