SiouxSports.com Forum

sioux at denver sat night

siouxweet

Funny how we get in such a good mood after a Sioux VICTORY!!!

A-M-E-N brother!!!

Besides the win, I was really happy to see them skating and passing the puck so sharp. Everything was tape to tape.

Yup! A win makes for a very happy Sioux faithful!

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to your UND boys tonight from this Denver fan - this was a must-win game for UND, and they played like it, especially on the special teams. Hakstol's adjustments to positional play took a lot of energy out of Denver's transition game, and gave DU very little space. Duncan buried his chances, and the game was pretty much over in the second period after the shortie.

Denver also had no answer for Lammy in the third, who slammed the door on us.

I think we saw two of the better teams in the WCHA go at it tonight, and this was the Sioux's night.

We'll be looking forward the Feb games in Grand Forks between these two teams (which will be on TV in Denver - a road series rarity here), and won't be surprised to see the Sioux in Denver come April.

Congrats to your UND boys tonight from this Denver fan - this was a must-win game for UND, and they played like it, especially on the special teams. Hakstol's adjustments to positional play took a lot of energy out of Denver's transition game, and gave DU very little space. Duncan buried his chances, and the game was pretty much over in the second period after the shortie.

Denver also had no answer for Lammy in the third, who slammed the door on us.

I think we saw two of the better teams in the WCHA go at it tonight, and this was the Sioux's night.

We'll be looking forward the Feb games in Grand Forks between these two teams (which will be on TV in Denver - a road series rarity here), and won't be surprised to see the Sioux in Denver come April.

thanks for the nice comments!

I'm watching UW-SCSU game, delayed telecast (with my 2 favorite homer announcers :) ). There was a snowstorm in the Madison area (8-10 inches), and looks like only 25% full. When a big snowstorm hits GF, how's attendance at the Ralph?

I don't remember any storm that kept 75% of the fans home!! It's still a good showing. We NoDaks are fearless when it comes to getting our hockey fixes!!

I'm watching UW-SCSU game, delayed telecast (with my 2 favorite homer announcers :p ). There was a snowstorm in the Madison area (8-10 inches), and looks like only 25% full. When a big snowstorm hits GF, how's attendance at the Ralph?

Heck it doesn't even slow people down on the highway. :):D

NHL coaches didn't like it either, nor the players for that matter, but now they realize they have a better product for the fans to showcase the players abilities.

Amen and the NHL is much more watchable than it was before the lock out. It is getting to the point if the Sioux aren't on TV or at the Ralph, and there is a choice between watching college hockey and the NHL; I would rather watch two bottom dwelling NHL teams before I will watch college hockey.

I am convinced that a player can not score if you have someone drapped all over you like a hockey groupie at a hockey party.

What do you bet it's Lil' Shep in GF next weekend. :p

You can bet on that one. :) Also, you can bank on Greg Sheppard being there. You can also count on this being one series where there will be four officials. Mark it down, you heard it here first. Also if the Sioux win big you can expect night number two to be a barrage of penalties for the Sioux. :D

Anyone want to bet? I know Redwing_77 isn't going to.

They will probably give it to Frazee because he won.

JPL has a great shot at getting Defensive POTW.

Duncan has an outside shot at Offensive POTW with his 2g, 1a tonight. Probably get a honorable mention.

Bozak from DU could get the Rookie of the Week. Great series for him.

JPL has a great shot at getting Defensive POTW.

Duncan has an outshot shot at Offensive POTW with his 2g, 1a tonight. Probably get a honorable mention.

Bozak from DU could get the Rookie of the Week. Great series for him.

He only let two goals in all weekend, that is pretty impressive since he was going against DU.

i think bozak could give turris a run for his money for wcha roy... he was solid all weekend. du could be good the next few seasons.

I would think Bozak has ROTW wrapped up for this week.

But I think Roe from SCSU is the frontrunner for the ROY award right now.