SiouxSports.com Forum

sioux at denver sat night

siouxweet

it is time for the boys to go to work tonight and it starts with the opening face off. outwork the pioneers every shift win the battles to loose puck, keep your feet moving and for god's sake shoot he puck. clog up the area around mannino so he can't see and puck luck will happen but we need to make it happen. quite dancing around the perimeter and move towards the net. from this point forward we need to be known as the hardest working team in WCHA not the most talented and this ship should get turned around. Go Sioux!

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last 2 yrs at this time the cycle was driving me huts :ohmy:

This yr lammy is playing about as good as anyone can but we are still getting shut down

Hak bettter throw the late season switch early or we will be too little too late

The trap is killing us - we have trouble getting the puck into our opponents zone & then they are beating up our best players & other than Friday against UMD the rest have not played like other teams new players :lol:

I'm discouraged :lol:

a split against the Gophers & I may take up ice fishing ;)

We have to get the lead and keep it, if Denver scores first it's just more of the 1-2-2.

I agree. This might be one of those first score wins again tonight, but you have to think we can find some offense?? I think this is one of those "must" games early in the year. I know it's "early" but it is Dec. 1 and I don't want to be 2 games below .500 in the WCHA after tonight.

Sioux 3-2

I agree. This might be one of those first score wins again tonight, but you have to think we can find some offense?? I think this is one of those "must" games early in the year. I know it's "early" but it is Dec. 1 and I don't want to be 2 games below .500 in the WCHA after tonight.

Sioux 3-2

Mannino is due for A break down.

Hak pre-game comments:

It's a long day when you sit around the hotel after a loss and it has a way to drill into you. Hopefully we'll respond to that and come out with a good game tonight.

I looked around the league last night, and there was a total of 16 goals scored in all 5 games. Seems like a pretty low number. Not sure if that's a trend or not. I think it's more the majority of teams going that way than the minority.

Last night, we only got 2 PP. I thought we deserved a few more, but we have to go out there and work harder to try to get some PP opportunities.

It's important to get them to play our game. When we score the first goal, it seems like we can get that to happen. It's nice to get rewarded for hard work, and I felt we worked hard last night, but didn't get anything.

We've been streaking as a team, but we really haven't had that one guy whose been on a role. We need scoring throughout the line-up. I think we've got 1 goal out of our 4th line in the last 5 games. I thought we moved the puck well last night, but work a little harder to give ourselves the extra man advantage.

You have to have someone else step up if Oshie and Duncan are doing it. I thought DU did a good job against the top line last night. We need other lines to step up. We need some great games. We need some top end performances out of a lot of guys.

We had one guy who did well on faceoffs last night. They get the last choice on that, but we'll see if we can change things up tonight.

We put Watkins back on the left side. He seems to have been better there. Putting Zajac back in. Frattin back in, thought he did well last night. Zajac needed a night out of the line up to clear up his head. Hopefully he can come back tonight and do something good.

Lines from Brad's blog.

UND's lines (in black)

16 Ryan Duncan--29 Chris VandeVelde--7 T.J. Oshie

20 Matt Watkins--17 Rylan Kaip--21 Matt Frattin

10 Andrew Kozek--19 Evan Trupp--14 Brad Miller

22 Brad Malone--11 Darcy Zajac--8 Ryan Martens

3 Derrick LaPoint--4 Taylor Chorney

2 Joe Finley--28 Robbie Bina

6 Zach Jones--25 Jake Marto

1 Phil Lamoureux

30 Aaron Walski

Denver's lines