SiouxSports.com Forum

Any news on Genoway?

nodak hockey fanatic

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone know exactly what part of the lower body oshie was hurt? I can't imagine it was his knee, if it was I don't think they would have let him come back out and play.

Sounded like the middle, say his backside/hip. That is what I gathered from reading it.

(sigh)

(shakes head disappointedly)

There are two simple rules regarding hockey and injuries at high competitive levels:

1. If you know where a guy is hurtin' you (legally) hit them there.

2. Don't tell them where you might be hurtin' .... or they'll hit you there.

So, if you know somone on your team is hurtin', talk about the other team's injuries. :D

(sigh)

(shakes head disappointedly)

There are two simple rules regarding hockey and injuries at high competitive levels:

1. If you know where a guy is hurtin' you (legally) hit them there.

2. Don't tell them where you might be hurtin' .... or they'll hit you there.

So, if you know somone on your team is hurtin', talk about the other team's injuries. :D

EXACTLY!......thank you Sicatoka.

I fully expect to see Chay back! woo hoo

Hakstol said on Mac Talk, that he will be playing, and he will be back at defense.

Glad to hear Genoway is back, but suprised he'll be on the blue line. Marto has looked good for the most part and Martens hasn't shown much offensively. None the less, Genoway is highly skilled and will help this weekend. Possibly Jones sits??

Glad to hear Genoway is back, but suprised he'll be on the blue line. Marto has looked good for the most part and Martens hasn't shown much offensively. None the less, Genoway is highly skilled and will help this weekend. Possibly Jones sits??

My MIA bunch for this season so far is Miller, Martens and Zajac they have done nothing collectively.

i think miller will stay, and jones will be out.

I thinking on defense that Jones will not not be out of the line up and it will be between Miller, Martens and Zajac as the deligated sitter. I doubt that UND will dress 7 defensemen but it is possible.

My MIA bunch for this season so far is Miller, Martens and Zajac they have done nothing collectively.

You can add Malone to that list. We will need everyone pulling their weight to gain 4 pts this weekend. I would like to see Forney, but that probably won't happen. He must be really frustrated!

You can add Malone to that list. We will need everyone pulling their weight to gain 4 pts this weekend. I would like to see Forney, but that probably won't happen. He must be really frustrated!

Malone is a Freshman who has had some injuries. I would cut him some slack.

No slack for Miller, though.

I think it was Hakstol who has talked about how Genoway's skills with the puck are very valuable in that he can skate the puck out of trouble in the defensive zone. Against a team with dangerous offensive forwards like MN, if the coaches put Genoway back at D it might be because they want to make sure they do the best possible job of taking care of the puck in the defensive zone, and getting it out of the zone as quickly and safely as possible.

Since MN's defense isn't as strong as in the past, getting the puck out of our zone seems to me the best way to win this game. Keep the pressure on the gopher D instead. Don't make bad mistakes and turnovers in your own zone and to use baseball terminology, don't give the Gophers 4 outs. Eventually they will make you pay.

Limit the mistakes and turnovers and get the puck out of the zone. Depend on your own offense to pressure the gopher D and hopefully that is the recipe for success.

As for which D sits so Genoway can play, my guess is the one who make the poorest decisions, or most prone to turnovers in his own end will be the one to sit. I don't know who that is.

Unless his dependability is not as good, I'm guessing Jones physical presence will be welcome on the ice as I wonder if the Sioux will try and beat the Gophers physically, and not get into a run and gun game.

I think it was Hakstol who has talked about how Genoway's skills with the puck are very valuable in that he can skate the puck out of trouble in the defensive zone. Against a team with dangerous offensive forwards like MN, if the coaches put Genoway back at D it might be because they want to make sure they do the best possible job of taking care of the puck in the defensive zone, and getting it out of the zone as quickly and safely as possible.

Since MN's defense isn't as strong as in the past, getting the puck out of our zone seems to me the best way to win this game. Keep the pressure on the gopher D instead. Don't make bad mistakes and turnovers in your own zone and to use baseball terminology, don't give the Gophers 4 outs. Eventually they will make you pay.

Limit the mistakes and turnovers and get the puck out of the zone. Depend on your own offense to pressure the gopher D and hopefully that is the recipe for success.

As for which D sits so Genoway can play, my guess is the one who make the poorest decisions, or most prone to turnovers in his own end will be the one to sit. I don't know who that is.

Unless his dependability is not as good, I'm guessing Jones physical presence will be welcome on the ice as I wonder if the Sioux will try and beat the Gophers physically, and not get into a run and gun game.

We are always physical, no matter who we play.

I do think that because of our team speed, and the Gophers problems on the blueline, it will be UMN that will try to slow the game down.

If the Gophers give up too many odd man rushes this weekend, they will have no chance.