SiouxSports.com Forum

Any news on Genoway?

nodak hockey fanatic

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Malone is a Freshman who has had some injuries. I would cut him some slack.

No slack for Miller, though.

Yeah I know, he is a physical presence for sure. However it is time for the freshman, especially Trupp and Malone to get their feet under them and contribute some goals. This goes for Zajac and Miller as well. If we want to be the last team standing in April we need scoring throughout the line up. Forwards who are stuck on 0 goals at the Xmas break needless to say need to step it up. Miller has 2 goals, one does not even really count as that was the mess up by the Dogs defenseman that he got credit for. He is an offensive player and needs to score to have a positive effect on the line up. He is not a physical player.

I think we need Jones out there. If it gets ugly, he's always sticking up for his teammates. And Kaip, of course....

Although, I'd take Prp back in the line up any day!! ;)

Jones takes a lot of penalties though. He needs to do a better job of playing sound positional D w/out the penalties.

You can add Malone to that list. We will need everyone pulling their weight to gain 4 pts this weekend. I would like to see Forney, but that probably won't happen. He must be really frustrated!

Well this week when oshie wasn't practicing one day forney was up playing with vandevelde and duncan so he at least had fun for one day im sure.

Since MN's defense, goaltending scoring, power play isn't as strong as in the past, getting the puck out of our zone seems to me the best way to win this game. Keep the pressure on the gopher D instead. Don't make bad mistakes and turnovers in your own zone and to use baseball terminology, don't give the Gophers 4 outs. Eventually they will make you pay.

Fixed your post for you ;)

Yeah I know, he is a physical presence for sure. However it is time for the freshman, especially Trupp and Malone to get their feet under them and contribute some goals. This goes for Zajac and Miller as well. If we want to be the last team standing in April we need scoring throughout the line up. Forwards who are stuck on 0 goals at the Xmas break needless to say need to step it up. Miller has 2 goals, one does not even really count as that was the mess up by the Dogs defenseman that he got credit for. He is an offensive player and needs to score to have a positive effect on the line up. He is not a physical player.

Miller should be a break out player this season. Miller is an amazing talent. Zajac is a big strong forward with a huge/hard/accurate shot that needs to score.

We can listen to Woog and we can read the stats but I think tonite we'll find out why they actually play the games because I bet we will see two teams that are fairly evenly matched and it will be a tough game. I am not making any predictions but I do have hopes!

My MIA bunch for this season so far is Miller, Martens and Zajac they have done nothing collectively.

So far to me it seems like there a number of men that could be thought of as MIA:

Let's see:

Martens has played 10 games, has 1 point (no goals) and taken 7 shots

Zajac has played 12 games, has 2 points (no goals) and taken 9 shots

Trupp has played 13 games, has 3 points (1 goal) and taken 19 shots

Miller has played 11 games, has 4 points (2 goals) and taken 12 shots

Watkins has played 13 games, has 6 points (2 goals) and taken 36 shots

Kaip has played 13 games, has 5 points (but 4 goals) and taken 26 shots.

One thing I will say is that Martens has not played a lot even when he's dressed and the same goes for Zajac. Since we are the most penalized team in the country right now neither of these guys plays on the power play or the penalty kill so their ice time is a lot less than Miller, Watkins, and Kaip.

What actually amazes me is that Bina and Chorney have not scored a goal yet. We need them to start scoring especially on the power play.

Miller should be a break out player this season. Miller is an amazing talent. Zajac is a big strong forward with a huge/hard/accurate shot that needs to score.

I have to disagree with you when you say Miller is an amazing talent. Right now he is an average at best college hockey player.

We can listen to Woog and we can read the stats but I think tonite we'll find out why they actually play the games because I bet we will see two teams that are fairly evenly matched and it will be a tough game. I am not making any predictions but I do have hopes!
I agree, I think Woog was sandbagging. Looks like some of our fans are buying it. I'm hoping the boys aren't.

I agree, I think Woog was sandbagging. Looks like some of our fans are buying it. I'm hoping the boys aren't.

Yeah don't fool yourselves. The games against the Goofers are never some walk in the park. The Sioux will have to be at the very top of their game to get 4 points. We are way overdue for a sweep at home and could there be a more perfect time....I don't think so!!!

Yeah don't fool yourselves. The games against the Goofers are never some walk in the park. The Sioux will have to be at the very top of their game to get 4 points. We are way overdue for a sweep at home and could there be a more perfect time....I don't think so!!!

I thought the same thing before the series with Michigan Tech before Christmas. Hopefully the results this year are polar opposites from that series last year.

The player are way to smart to take anything wooger says seriously, if it was that easy all of use would be predicting the Goofers to be sweeping every weekend. Doug is an entertainer and anything he says should be taken with a grain of salt. ;)

If the boys can't get up for this series they need to go play for another team.

So far to me it seems like there a number of men that could be thought of as MIA:

Let's see:

Martens has played 10 games, has 1 point (no goals) and taken 7 shots

Zajac has played 12 games, has 2 points (no goals) and taken 9 shots

Trupp has played 13 games, has 3 points (1 goal) and taken 19 shots

Miller has played 11 games, has 4 points (2 goals) and taken 12 shots

Watkins has played 13 games, has 6 points (2 goals) and taken 36 shots

Kaip has played 13 games, has 5 points (but 4 goals) and taken 26 shots.

One thing I will say is that Martens has not played a lot even when he's dressed and the same goes for Zajac. Since we are the most penalized team in the country right now neither of these guys plays on the power play or the penalty kill so their ice time is a lot less than Miller, Watkins, and Kaip.

What actually amazes me is that Bina and Chorney have not scored a goal yet. We need them to start scoring especially on the power play.

That is a good break down of the numbers. I also think that Kaip and Watkins aren't doing that bad. Trupp needs to pick it up he is supposed to be a game breaker and is disappointing in my opinion so far. Although I also expected him to be a top 6 forward as well.

That is a good break down of the numbers. I also think that Kaip and Watkins aren't doing that bad. Trupp needs to pick it up he is supposed to be a game breaker and is disappointing in my opinion so far. Although I also expected him to be a top 6 forward as well.

I think it hurts trupp not being on one of the top 2 lines

Anyone who thinks this series will be lopsided is fooling themselves. It wasn't that long ago that UND went to mariucci arena a decided underdog given only a slim chance of not embarrssing themselves and no chance of winning, according to most gopher fans and even a few Sioux fans.

Hopefully the Sioux can continue their strong home play on Friday nights and put themselves in position to right the ship and get a sweep on Saturday night.

they have another guy whose name starts with a b out with a broken hand. Carman is academic ineligibility

what a sally......osh played half the year with a broken hand last year!!! ;)

I guess that's just the difference between rodents and warriors!

Carman won't be playing. ;)

He is having trouble in school, I never got that one. I am going to get on my soap box and say I don't understand how someone if they are series about playing hockey or other sports why would they let themselves get academically ineligible?

I mean seriously, most of us aren't good enough to be professional athletes so we need to get a degree to make money, you talking about the future after sports. There are enough slack programs to get a degree in. I don't get this and I don't feel sorry for him one bit.

i think genoway was a difference maker last night. so nice to have him back out there... too bad that means marto sitting, i thought he has been earning his ice time, playing very well. hopefully with chay back, maybe we can actually get a powerplay going. im sorry, but our powerplay is down right pathetic!!

nevermind about the powerplay comment... i forgot, with shepard and campion, i don't think we will have to worry about too many pp opportunities for the sioux tonight ;)