SiouxSports.com Forum

Any news on Genoway?

nodak hockey fanatic

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still haven't heard anything other than it is a "lower body injury" Any one out there have anything new to add?

and thats all we will hear unless someone leaked something, this sucks for chay. hell of a 2 way player and hopefully he will be back soon!! and if he is out for however long this is a time for someone else to step up!

Cary Eades said today on The Dave Hakstol Show that Chay had a MRI done on monday, and that they were still reading the results. He went on to say that Chay will be "out for awhile" in a tone that sounded like it was more than a week or two.

get well soon Chay.

Hopefully UND will have him back for the UMN or UNH series.

Saw Chay tonight at dinner and although he was walking with a noticable limp, he didn't have a boot or crutches or anything.

unfortunately, if it is an acl or mcl, he could be walking just fine, but not be able to play. I think I had heard the MRI results were negative??? so if that is true, hopefully we will see him back in the lineup soon.

unfortunately, if it is an acl or mcl, he could be walking just fine, but not be able to play. I think I had heard the MRI results were negative??? so if that is true, hopefully we will see him back in the lineup soon.

Week to week. Could have been worse.

my "source" says he's probably done for the year. hope he's wrong...doubt it though...

Done for the year...as in the year 2007 (another month), or done for the season?

It would really suck to lose Chay for the whole season, he's such a versatile playmaker from both the blueline or at forward.

my "source" says he's probably done for the year. hope he's wrong...doubt it though...

If the report that there was NO structural damage via a MRI is accurate from last week, that would suprise me. Now I hope whoever leaked that info on the MRI results knows a break in a bone IS structural damage (and a MRI is not used for that type of diagnosis)?? And never take the word "probably" in the literal sense from someone not in the medical field as it relates to the health status of a player. That's like taking parenting advice from Britney Spears!!

Cary Eades said today on McNamara that Chay wants to play against Minnesota, but they will have to wait and see. If that's the case, then Blackheart's source needs to be discarded.

Hey, I'm sure we all want to play against Minnesota but that has nothing to do with actually seeing the ice. I hope Genoway is back soon; we need him!!

I would say that's a ways from "probably done for the year" :lol:

It's kind of hard to say when someone will be back espically with laws prohibiting coaches from saying how severe the injury is. The only people that know how severe the injury is, is from the coaches, player and the doc (and i doubt any of them will tell the honest truth).

It's kind of hard to say when someone will be back espically with laws prohibiting coaches from saying how severe the injury is. The only people that know how severe the injury is, is from the coaches, player and the doc (and i doubt any of them will tell the honest truth).

Agree, but Eades comments are more substantial then someone on this thread saying my source said...