SiouxSports.com Forum

College hockey talk

luapsided

... if the Sioux can win a game or two over UNH when they visit the Ralph later this month.

What's this "if" crap?

My expectation is to sweep at home. Every. Time.

Want to be the best?

You'd better be the best in your barn and go from there.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely agree that BC will be there again in the end.

Parker has gone the way of Gino, Woog and Sauer. For whatever reason, even the greats sometimes can no longer get the job done. It seems that York and Berenson have been immune to this.

One of the great things about Blais transitioning the program over to Hak is that we weren't forced to discover whether Blais would succumb to the slide. Usually a program has to hit rock bottom, and suffer for a few years, before new blood is brought in.

So Blais brought the program back from a dark period, got the arena built, and then managed a seamless transition to a new era. Thanks Dean.

I wouldn't count BC out yet. They were struggling about this time last season and look what happened.

Agreed. They returned too many forwards and dmen to struggle the whole season.

If their frosh goalies can start to play consistently, they'll be there at the end.

Parker has gone the way of Gino, Woog and Sauer. For whatever reason, even the greats sometimes can no longer get the job done. It seems that York and Berenson have been immune to this.

One of the great things about Blais transitioning the program over to Hak is that we weren't forced to discover whether Blais would succumb to the slide. Usually a program has to hit rock bottom, and suffer for a few years, before new blood is brought in.

So Blais brought the program back from a dark period, got the arena built, and then managed a seamless transition to a new era. Thanks Dean.

I wounder sometimes why Parker is still coaching he doesn't really need the money does he?

Yikes. Isn't he like 70 years old?

I wounder sometimes why Parker is still coaching he doesn't really need the money does he?

Yikes. Isn't he like 70 years old?

Cause he enjoys teaching hockey . . . and he's only like 63 I think.

But seriously can't hang all this on him . . . some of the guys are just incapable of being motivated; they don't want to work for it. There's like 5 of them that give it their all every night and they've called out the people who obviously don't, but still we have this present situation. Even in his heyday, Parker couldn't fix these guys.

Thank god I root for two teams.

• 2 weeks later...

Cause he enjoys teaching hockey . . . and he's only like 63 I think.

But seriously can't hang all this on him . . . some of the guys are just incapable of being motivated; they don't want to work for it. There's like 5 of them that give it their all every night and they've called out the people who obviously don't, but still we have this present situation. Even in his heyday, Parker couldn't fix these guys.

Thank god I root for two teams.

Wouldn't that be a reflection of recruiting? Seeing a few guys who aren't motivated is probably typical. We went through the same thing with Travis Roche, who didn't like to practice, but he would put it all out there when the game was on the line. However, if you only have 5 or 6 guys who want to give it there all, then there's some problem on that team. Maybe they don't have the leaders in the locker room that they need; maybe they just don't have the character that Parker had hoped would be there. They have to know though, that their play in college dictates a lot of their future.

I'm hoping someone else caught the UNH-Maine game. I caught just about the last 9 minutes of the game and I thought it was rather dull.

Maine just isn't good offensively AT ALL. No finishers. Bellamy can skate, but really...

UNH, Im not sold on quite yet. They didn't appear to really be pressing very hard. They just sat back and played defensive hockey for the most part. Regan only had to make one good save in the time I watched.

If we can produce good passing and get a speed game going, I think UNH is very beatable.

Maine looked a lot like MSUM without all the grit. And that sucks because I like Maine.

You're welcome. :cool:

UNH is a good team but Hockey East overall is not very good this year. UNH will lose vanRiemsdyk to the World Jrs. UNH took both games from CC but that was at the Whitermore Center which is a tuff place to play and it was early in the season. It is time for a SIOUX sweep.

BC did not win a game in Nov. until the BU/BC game. Although BC is always there at the end, their hopes are on a freshman goalie (who is currently playing well but....) it's a long season. Don't be surprised if they don't make it to the Frozen Four this year.

Like 31-9 I live in Boston and follow two teams (BU). Jack is a great coach and this year he does not have a dependable goalie. Hopefully Jack suspending four players for team rules will push them to play better in the second half.

Go Sioux!!!!

Wow, if true that is a big blow to the Gophs. Kyle Okposo is a heck of a hockey player. Another in a long line of pain for programs like MN and UND...we get the top tier talent, but they don't stay long. Pretty unprecedented to leave your team mid-season though. That doesn't show very much class. In a team sport like hockey, where you are a family, it is like getting a divorce.

wow if true, thats all i gotta say and from a few posters around i trust he is gone

there will be many ways to look at this

he bailed on his team and coaches

he didnt feel he was progressing at this level having a pretty down year for his standards and the islanders wanted him in the AHL to develop instead

hes gona do whats best for him but what a kick in the nuts to the gopher team, fans and the lucia pet and company

2/3 of their top line gonzo with stoa going out early with that injury