SiouxSports.com Forum

College hockey talk

luapsided

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the Sioux strike fear into any team right now; there's only a 50-50 chance they'll show up. I know that's harsh, but these guys are making some so-so teams look pretty good. Time to deliver.

Hey Mike you bring up a good point but remember you don't want your team to peak before he playoffs, realistically speaking your team can get a number one seed with 9-11 losses. While everyone is singing Michigans and Miami's prasies now, I would be willing to bet that Red doesn't want UND to end his season for a third year in a row. I would be silly listening to him spin another loss to the Sioux. Lets see where these teams end up when the money is on the line, Miami is famous for being a one and done team... I would put any team that we have in the top 4 or 5 in the WCHA against both Miami, MSU and Michigan. Any of them, Denver, C.C. UND, UMD and probably Tech, I know their Top goalie was/is hurt.

Heck if I am not mistaken didn't one of the Gopher teams that won an NCAA title go something like 2-7 before they won it all?

I think Miami IS the real deal. Michigan is better than I anticipated. With Miami though, they were beating teams pretty handily early on WITHOUT Nathan Davis.

michigan will go farther than miami unless they meet us again in the 1st round, we are to them what BC is to us :lol: and no they wont be the real deal, if they win the whole thing then they can be labeled that, or hell how about making it to the frozen 4? havent seen them there the last 8 years! still waiting

miamis big non conference game will vs SCSU and thats the only thing they will play thats good out of the ccha, their schedule is a joke out of ccha, it will bite them in the ncaa tourney!

non conference - sorry.....for a oprogram who thinks they are damn good with nothing to show, come on and play some teams!

canisius (2) (2-9-9) ATLANTIC HOCKEY

vermont (2) (3-5-2) HOCKEY EAST

RPI (2) (6-4-3) ATLANTIC HOCKEY

scsu (1) WCHA

ohio st/harvard (1) ccha or ECAC

michigan will go farther than miami unless they meet us again in the 1st round, we are to them what BC is to us :lol: and no they wont be the real deal, if they win the whole thing then they can be labeled that, or hell how about making it to the frozen 4? havent seen them there the last 8 years! still waiting

The last 8 years has absolutely nothing to do with this year. Just like us beating Michigan for the past couple years has nothing to do with THIS year. Miami is a very good team. They win the ones they are supposed to, and win most of them by a decent margin....again, without Nathan Davis for the first how many games.

I'm guessing Miami and Michigan are better than most here think.

I also think the Sioux schedule seemed tough at the time, especially because they gave the Sioux such a tough time, but in hindsight perhaps it wasn't so hard.

For example, MTU skated well, but since splitting with UND they are 1-4-1 and haven't won in a month.

Wisconsin, since splitting with the Sioux, is 0-3-1.

I watched a chunk of the MN/MI game on tv last sat and I will say MI looked scary good. Wow.

I watched a chunk of the MN/MI game on tv last sat and I will say MI looked scary good. Wow.

Are they good or is Minnesota that bad? That is the 64,000.00 question right now.

I hope tDon keeps playing Jeff "Long Island Tea"Frazee

The last 8 years has absolutely nothing to do with this year. Just like us beating Michigan for the past couple years has nothing to do with THIS year. Miami is a very good team. They win the ones they are supposed to, and win most of them by a decent margin....again, without Nathan Davis for the first how many games.

never said they werent good..they are very solid obviously.just saying lets hold off on the REAL DEAL stuff....they dont play anyone out of conference as i pointed out up top in the post. pathetic schedule out of ccha. thats not gona help you down the road! are they your pick to woin it all at this point? because they sure in hell wouldnt be mine

davis is a hell of a player, no doubt but i guess time will tell on how far they go

and when i go lay down a bunch of cash in vegas they wont be one i lay money down on, stick with the wcha for sure :)

and if we play michigan 1st round you can bet the last 2 years will sure be a factor on both sides of the ice and same goes for if we end up playing BC again for the millionth time

never said they werent good..they are very solid obviously.just saying lets hold off on the REAL DEAL stuff....they dont play anyone out of conference as i pointed out up top in the post. pathetic schedule out of ccha. thats not gona help you down the road! are they your pick to woin it all at this point? because they sure in hell wouldnt be mine

I know what your saying AZ, is that even if Miami runs the table against their schedule which doesn't have a very good SOS, if my memory serves me right includes Michigan and SCSU (that's basically it) it means nothing in the playoffs. Beating up on second tier teams like BGSU, NMU, LSSU, UNO ET AL does not impress me like it does the people in the USCHO poll. In other words they aren't strapping it up against BC, UNH, DU, C.C., UND UMD etc.

Edited by Goon

Does it matter if we think UMiami is any good? Seriously? I am not impressed with them beating UNO, NMU, or MSU, we beat them as well...

and when i go lay down a bunch of cash in vegas they wont be one i lay money down on, stick with the wcha for sure :)

I'm not saying Miami is going to be the in the Frozen Four or be the National Champion even....but, Miami hasn't done anything to doubt the fact they are one of the best teams in the country. They haven't given up more than 2 goals in a game. They are 9-1, and their only loss was by 1 goal. No, they don't have the hardest schedule, but good teams beat the teams they are supposed to beat. That's all they've done, that's all they can do. The one team they lost to a top 10 team in the country. Also, they beat Canisius by a combined score of 15-1. Canisius is an easy team, but they made them look horrible. Right now, I doubt UND would beat Canisius by the same margin over the course of a weekend.

How can you say they aren't the real deal at the moment? They haven't done one thing to disprove it.

I'm not saying Miami is going to be the in the Frozen Four or be the National Champion even....but, Miami hasn't done anything to doubt the fact they are one of the best teams in the country. They haven't given up more than 2 goals in a game. They are 9-1, and their only loss was by 1 goal. No, they don't have the hardest schedule, but good teams beat the teams they are supposed to beat. That's all they've done, that's all they can do. The one team they lost to a top 10 team in the country. Also, they beat Canisius by a combined score of 15-1. Canisius is an easy team, but they made them look horrible. Right now, I doubt UND would beat Canisius by the same margin over the course of a weekend.

How can you say they aren't the real deal at the moment? They haven't done one thing to disprove it.

they are good like i said, no disagreement there. i could care less by how many goals you win by. espcially vs a horiphic team like canasius and they made a horrible team look horrible. i also think they would be a #1 seed right now but its sure early for anything..ala minny last season after winning 15 games in a row or whatwever. if miami wants people to believe in them then sack up and play real top tier teams, otherwise i think they fizzle in the end and dont make the frozen 4 but if they do make it i would love for the sioux to be in the same bracket and play them if both teams make it to denver. man, thats a ways away ;):)

Also, they beat Canisius by a combined score of 15-1. Right now, I doubt UND would beat Canisius by the same margin over the course of a weekend.

That is a silly statement, seriously, there is no way to know that UND wouldn't light them up as well, my money says they do as our players are just as dynamic as Miami's. I would rather have T. J. Oshie over Davis anyday. Beside UND went 8-3 against a team like UMD (which is way better than Canisius and it isn't anything to sneeze at. UMD is a lot better than Cansius.

I've watched a couple of their games, and they are a very fast team. They have a quick transition game and make that fast break pass, tape to tape, to spring a breakaway, very well! Their team speed is what scares me the most.

I've watched a couple of their games, and they are a very fast team. They have a quick transition game and make that fast break pass, tape to tape, to spring a breakaway, very well! Their team speed is what scares me the most.

Michigan sounds a lot like UND, fast and plays an uptempo game. On the flip side of that I blieve Michigan's goaltending is not as good as years past... Sauer isn't as good as some of the traditional Michigan goalies from years past.

Edited by Goon

sounds a lot like UND. Michigan's goaltending is not very good... Sauer isn't as good as Michigan goalie of years past.

I agree about Sauer. Michigan's game reminds me exactly what they did to us during the regionals last year, to get the early lead. However, after we made adjustments, we were just fine. Should be more of the same this year. :lol:

These are the things that stood out to me too.

That is a silly statement, seriously, there is no way to know that UND wouldn't light them up as well, my money says they do as our players are just as dynamic as Miami's. I would rather have T. J. Oshie over Davis anyday. Beside UND went 8-3 against a team like UMD (which is way better than Canisius and it isn't anything to sneeze at. UMD is a lot better than Cansius.

I said right now. I'm not saying we couldn't, but I don't think we could right now. They scored 11 goals one game. That's insane.

I said right now. I'm not saying we couldn't, but I don't think we could right now. They scored 11 goals one game. That's insane.

I wouldn't say we couldn't do that, especially against a team such as Canisius. I don't think Hak would allow it. He kind of eluded to that after we beat Michigan Tech, 6-0. Didn't really think it was necessary to score more.

These are the things that stood out to me too.

They showed the goals scored by Porter against Frazee and me thinks that Michigan exploited Jeff Long Island Tea Frazee's poor defense in front of him. Seems the Gophers are missing Kelen Briggs right now. :ohmy:

I wouldn't say we couldn't do that, especially against a team such as Canisius. I don't think Hak would allow it. He kind of eluded to that after we beat Michigan Tech, 6-0. Didn't really think it was necessary to score more.

If UND can score 8 goals against a defensive minded team like UMD they could and would score more against a cup cake like Canisus.

It isn't even funny. I would take the bet that all things being equal our players are just as good as Miami's... Your also right Siouxdonyms I am not sure Hak would let them run up the score like that.

If UND can score 8 goals against a defensive minded team like UMD they could and would score more against a cup cake like Canisus.

It isn't even funny. I would take the bet that all things being equal our players are just as good as Miami's... Your also right Siouxdonyms I am not sure Hak would let them run up the score like that.

Our talent is better yes, that is no question. That doesn't mean our team is better right now.

Not looking good for BU...

http://www.uscho.com/news/college-hockey/i...sSuspended.html

Parker suspended four of their players, including their captain and leading scorer, for violating team rules.

Neither BC or BU is looking as strong this year as they have in the past. Hockey East in general looks weaker than past years. Maine is in last place! Northeastern and New Hampshire look to be the best teams in the league thus far. I have a feeling that our victory over Northeastern should help us at the end of the season in the PWR. Same thing goes for if the Sioux can win a game or two over UNH when they visit the Ralph later this month.

Not looking good for BU...

http://www.uscho.com/news/college-hockey/i...sSuspended.html

Parker suspended four of their players, including their captain and leading scorer, for violating team rules.

Neither BC or BU is looking as strong this year as they have in the past. Hockey East in general looks weaker than past years. Maine is in last place! Northeastern and New Hampshire look to be the best teams in the league thus far. I have a feeling that our victory over Northeastern should help us at the end of the season in the PWR. Same thing goes for if the Sioux can win a game or two over UNH when they visit the Ralph later this month.

Me thinks we don't have to worry about BU or B.C. ending UND's season this year. Just a hunch...

Me thinks we don't have to worry about BU or B.C. ending UND's season this year. Just a hunch...

Pfft . . . don't even get me started on my alma mater . . .

I would tell you what the suspensions are for, but the boy isn't talking and I'm not really one to press for information.