SiouxSports.com Forum

College hockey talk

luapsided

Not sure where else to put this, so I'll just post it here.

Brett Motherwell, a soph dman from BC, left school and signed with the AHL.

http://www.uscho.com/news/college-hockey/i...hoolForAHL.html

He has been out of the lineup for violating team rules since the 2nd game of the season. It's a big loss for BC, as he was probably their best dman offensively.

WOW. Huge loss. Not that I shed any tears for BC, and by itself it would be no big deal, its adding up all the people losses it makes it a tough road for BC.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure where else to put this, so I'll just post it here.

Brett Motherwell, a soph dman from BC, left school and signed with the AHL.

http://www.uscho.com/news/college-hockey/i...hoolForAHL.html

He has been out of the lineup for violating team rules since the 2nd game of the season. It's a big loss for BC, as he was probably their best dman offensively.

Oh darn...

Next weekend will be interesting, especially from the WCHA fantasy standpoint :D It'll be interesting to see how the goofs and badgers stand up to the michigan teams or vice versa. And St Cloud playing the top ECACHL team :D So would one pick St cloud over clarkson or not? I would hope SCSU could beat the ECACHL team but I haven't heard much about this league this year so far. A pretty weak league I'd imagine. It'll be intresting to see Michigan state play after the slaughter in the REA this year. Any thoughts towards this week of hockey?

I gotta say after watching Minny play Mankato last weekend and AA this weekend that I would be quite amazed if those two teams don't finish 9 and 10 in the WCHA. Yeah I know AA beat Minny on Saturday but they might be one of the worst puck handling teams I have ever seen. I love watching the Goophies lose but that was just a bad hockey game to watch.

i want to know what "team rules violation" kept the two bc players out so long. i don't think a simple missing curfew violation would keep their best remaining dman off the team for this long leaving him to sign with an ahl team.

probably got a hooker in st paul or something when they were there, who knows

i want to know what "team rules violation" kept the two bc players out so long. i don't think a simple missing curfew violation would keep their best remaining dman off the team for this long leaving him to sign with an ahl team.

2 words:

Coach's Daughter... :D

• 2 weeks later...

I know it is early - but ...

Have you seen the schedules for Miami/Mich for the rest of the year?

Miami Schedule

Michigan Schedule

It's hard to find many losses here. The CCHA is hardly a meatgrinder this year and they only play each other twice this year in the reg season.

Unless disaster strikes for either team, it looks like 2 #1 Seeds are pretty much locked up. CC and Denver are strong contenders for another #1 seed. Our series vs. UNH is huge if we want to contend for a #1 seed this year (obviously).

On the other hand, do any of the above team want to see UND placed in their region? I don't think so.

Question - When have we been a #1 regional seed lately (1997 - 2007) and how have we fared?

I know it is early - but ...

Have you seen the schedules for Miami/Mich for the rest of the year?

Miami Schedule

Michigan Schedule

It's hard to find many losses here. The CCHA is hardly a meatgrinder this year and they only play each other twice this year in the reg season.

Unless disaster strikes for either team, it looks like 2 #1 Seeds are pretty much locked up. CC and Denver are strong contenders for another #1 seed. Our series vs. UNH is huge if we want to contend for a #1 seed this year (obviously).

On the other hand, do any of the above team want to see UND placed in their region? I don't think so.

Question - When have we been a #1 regional seed lately (1997 - 2007) and how have we fared?

another hrudle in the ncaa tourney is where you get placed and seeded of course. the ncaa has intentionally put minny and the sioux in the same regionals to prevent a 2005 frozen 4. hell they dont want 3 either which they will continue to do their best to prevent that.

i think michigan and miami will be up there all season. michigan at least plays wcha teams and tougher non ccha oppenents than miami. miami will be a 1 or 2 and done team in the ncaa tourney. just wait and see. good year for cc to step it up with hosting a regional this season. again its very early so things could change big time over the next 3-4 months

another hrudle in the ncaa tourney is where you get placed and seeded of course. the ncaa has intentionally put minny and the sioux in the same regionals to prevent a 2005 frozen 4. hell they dont want 3 either which they will continue to do their best to prevent that.

i think michigan and miami will be up there all season. michigan at least plays wcha teams and tougher non ccha oppenents than miami. miami will be a 1 or 2 and done team in the ncaa tourney. just wait and see. good year for cc to step it up with hosting a regional this season. again its very early so things could change big time over the next 3-4 months

If you look at the pwr from 2006 the teams were seeded very routinely, only moving teams to avoid 1st round conf. matchups and placing hosts in their region.

The last few years the brackets have been very predicatble once the final games have been played.

I don't think the Sioux strike fear into any team right now; there's only a 50-50 chance they'll show up. I know that's harsh, but these guys are making some so-so teams look pretty good. Time to deliver.

I don't think the Sioux strike fear into any team right now; there's only a 50-50 chance they'll show up. I know that's harsh, but these guys are making some so-so teams look pretty good. Time to deliver.

One argument you cannot make is that the Sioux have played some so-so teams as they have had one of the most difficult schedules in the country this year.

Per Schlossman's Blog - Once again, every opponent UND has played to this point is ranked in the top 20 of the USCHO.com poll.

The worst team the Sioux have played are the Bulldogs and I believe they will win a lot of games this year as they have already beaten the Sioux, St. Cloud, Denver and Tech.

Had we had lost to say an AA or MSU then I would be much more concerned.

I'm guessing Miami and Michigan are better than most here think.

I also think the Sioux schedule seemed tough at the time, especially because they gave the Sioux such a tough time, but in hindsight perhaps it wasn't so hard.

For example, MTU skated well, but since splitting with UND they are 1-4-1 and haven't won in a month.

Wisconsin, since splitting with the Sioux, is 0-3-1.