SiouxSports.com Forum

UND 2008 schedule

Yote 53

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Western Washington announces 2008 schedule

Western travels to Eastern Washington on Sept. 20 and North Dakota on Oct. 18. Eastern finished 9-4 and reached the NCAA I-FCS national quarterfinals. North Dakota, which moved to the NCAA I-FCS ranks during the off season, competed against the Vikings in the North Central Conference the last two years.

Much better than a "token" home game against some NAIA. This is a game is a solid home game with some history.

But I would hope that their is no truth to the USD rumor. If there won't be an entire GWFC schedule played there is no way that we should play @ USD, unless of course we are playing twice.

It's tough to get real excited about another DII game, but at least Western Washington is a solid team and the game should be competitive.

But I would hope that their is no truth to the USD rumor. If there won't be an entire GWFC schedule played there is no way that we should play @ USD, unless of course we are playing twice.

Obviously it would be nice to have USD in Grand Forks next year, but we can't really complain too much if it's not. I've always considered the location of that game to be 50/50, certainly not automatic that it would be in Grand Forks. It's a new era and the GWFC has no obligation to follow the NCC rotation.

Western Washington makes 4 home games so far (assuming SCSU is legit). Three DII and one DI. I hope there is one more DI home game on the schedule to get to 5 home games, whether that's USD or some other DI school. As tough as scheduling is this year, I'd still be disappointed if Southern Utah was the only DI home game on the schedule.

The addition of WWU is fine by me. If the St Cloud game still comes through, that would mean two of the three DII's on the home schedule played in the toughest conference in DII last year. At any rate, it is not looking like the schedule, specifically the home portion, will be much of a down-grade from years past, which is often the case for a school in its first year of transition.

On a related note, Cal-Poly announced today that they will be playing at Wisconsin this season, which will be their 2nd FBS game of the year (they open against San Diego State). I figured that would for sure put an end to the possibility of them playing us this season, despite McFeely's blog post saying it could still happen.

According to the Cal Poly blog, it is still a possibility. However, that blog doesn't mention South Dakota, so perhaps the blogger mixed up the UxD's. At any rate, without either UxD, Poly currently has 9 games confirmed with only 4 at home, so they may have room for both Dakota schools on the schedule.

At any rate, without either UxD, Poly currently has 9 games confirmed with only 4 at home, so they may have room for both Dakota schools on the schedule.

While they're not listed in the blog you referenced, the corresponding article states that Cal Poly has contracts signed for 6 homes games and 5 away.

Cal Poly is under contract to play six home games and five road games this fall, including the season opener at Division I-A/Bowl Subdivision San Diego State.

Cal Poly home games:

Montana

University of South Dakota

Southern Utah

Idaho State

UC Davis

:huh:??? Signed but I am not sure who

Cal Poly road games:

San Diego State

McNeese State

Northwestern State

South Dakota State

University of Wisconsin

Looking for a 12th game against a FCS team. Said they hope to firm up a 12th game and release the schedule in the next couple of weeks.

The addition of WWU is fine by me. If the St Cloud game still comes through, that would mean two of the three DII's on the home schedule played in the toughest conference in DII last year. At any rate, it is not looking like the schedule, specifically the home portion, will be much of a down-grade from years past, which is often the case for a school in its first year of transition.

With the Northern Sun going to 14 teams, they will play 10 conference and at most one non-conference games. The NSIC seem to be viewing the Aug 28-30 weekend as the non-conference weekend (See Bemdiji schedule). Since UND already has signed TxAM-Kingsville for opening weekend, St Cloud St somehow needs to deviate from the typical NSIC schedule and play an NSIC team opening weekend and then a non-conference team later in order fit UND in their schedule.

Central Washington now has an open date Sept 6th,, as their home-home with Chadron State didn't work out. Perhaps UND can schedule something out with the Wildcats again.

With the Northern Sun going to 14 teams, they will play 10 conference and at most one non-conference games. The NSIC seem to be viewing the Aug 28-30 weekend as the non-conference weekend (See Bemdiji schedule). Since UND already has signed TxAM-Kingsville for opening weekend, St Cloud St somehow needs to deviate from the typical NSIC schedule and play an NSIC team opening weekend and then a non-conference team later in order fit UND in their schedule.

Central Washington now has an open date Sept 6th,, as their home-home with Chadron State didn't work out. Perhaps UND can schedule something out with the Wildcats again.

IF UND has that date open, I would be in favor of adding CWU. They should have a very good team coming back next year.

UM-Crookston is playing their non-conference game on Sept. 6, so there is a precedent.

I would have no problem playing CWU next year.

This thread from the USD board indicates that the UND-USD game will be in Vermillion. I can't find any confirmation anywhere, but I'd say that it is quite possible.

If that schedule is accurate, I really really like ours so far. USD apparently has 2 NAIA's, 2 DII's, and UND for their home schedule. :whistling:

Good thing there is a handy Google search tag at the bottom of the 'yote board as it came in really handy when looking up St. Ambrose and Culver Stockton.

This thread from the USD board indicates that the UND-USD game will be in Vermillion. I can't find any confirmation anywhere, but I'd say that it is quite possible.

If that schedule is accurate, I really really like ours so far. USD apparently has 2 NAIA's, 2 DII's, and UND for their home schedule. :whistling:

USD does not have a very attractive home schedule, but their away schedule looks good. USD will travel to Northern Iowa, SE Louisiana, Montana State, Cal Poly and Southern Utah in 2008.