SiouxSports.com Forum

Buning Problem?

siouxman68

odd that Buning is going to serve on a "college division" (DII and lower) committee when UND is transitioning to DI shortly

UND is not currently a DI school. Therefore, I don't see what's so odd about it. Are you suggesting that Buning turn down the opportunity?

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the point fs1 makes is very poignant. Because some of us aren't on here posting all the time, people tend to forget prior comments that we have made and therefore, whenever we try to post something insightful, we are challenged on it. And sticking your neck out and making a prediction or offering insightful information on a touchy subject is much different and will ultimately draw more criticism than sitting back and constantly offering a phylosophical analysis of what others have said. Like Jimdahl said, he believes others and takes them for their word because he sees there posts a lot and sees a lot of what they have to say even though it may just be "fluff" and not all that insightful. So if we are always constantly hit with comments by the same posters over and over again, we tend to take them for their word (which indirectly relates to the number of posts a person has).

I can't recall a time when fs1 has offered insight that has been false or way off base. In fact, he's even had the correct recruit information when some of the more highly touted recruit posters on this site have been wrong in the past. So just because fs1 or others don't post often enough for them to be recognized easily, that doesn't mean what they say has any less truth behind it.

And like was said previously, this situation with Buning is common knowledge among quite a few people and there have been rumblings of it for quite some time. So it's completely different than making a comment that no one has any knowledge of whatsoever (i.e. Hakstol eating kittens as the example Jimdahl tried to make). So when fs1 made his first post in this thread on this subject, it seemed like he was adding further analysis and insight into the situation. But since he wasn't recognized because he doesn't post that often, people knee-jerkingly ask for where's the proof whenever someone new tries to offer insight.

I think that fs1 is "whiny" just stating facts. Makes me look small and petty, doen't it.

By the way he and I were both wrong, we thought Kozek would be a big time scorer his soph year. Nobody is right all the time with "opinions" I mean facts.

I think that fs1 is "whiny" just stating facts. Makes me look small and petty, doen't it.

By the way he and I were both wrong, we thought Kozek would be a big time scorer his soph year. Nobody is right all the time with "opinions" I mean facts.

fs1, 7nationaltitles,

What are we all supposed to believe? since you have so much insight on this situation. I can believe whomever i want and you can believe in whomever it is you want also. End of story. But im saying that UND is top to bottom better and more popular in all sports than ever before. We still have Lennon. We still have Hakstol. Take a pill. If there is a situation then it must not be severe enough to have a huge arguement over.

UND is not currently a DI school. Therefore, I don't see what's so odd about it. Are you suggesting that Buning turn down the opportunity?

Odd in that its a four year term. Meaning he's taking part in a committee that he knowns UND is not going to be a part of (the year after next?)

I would turn down the opportunity to be a district representative of a "division" my school is leaving.

I would turn down the opportunity to be a district representative of a "division" my school is leaving.

How do you know they won't move him up when UND moves up? Certainly the NACDA is aware of UND's situation. Wheatever the case, I suspect that opportunties like this don't come along every day. Even if Buning ends up serving for one year, it would be foolish to turn it down.

Sure, I subject myself to spending 4 hours traveling up and down Hwy 98 this afternoon and y'all are having fun. I mostly blame Diggler, as it appears he had the most fun. Well I blame Buning, too, of course.

Just to be clear what are we all "Blaming Buning" for? :lol:

Ok, since I have now read all 7 PAGES of this, I feel like I should reply. I know that those of you that say there is a problem have your sources. I have spent time in the athletic office and have never heard anything like that though maybe they just don't talk about it when I am there. You may be right, though let me point out that NO ONE likes their boss 100 percent of the time. That is called real life and something that everyone has to deal with. Until something is made public and since everyone is staying, let's just drop it and then no one will break anyone's trust.

BTW, I don't hold Diggler's posts to gospel. I only read them for the laughability of them since half of them are sarcastic or being dumb. Just saying.

It'd be awesome if people took my posts as Gospel cause then they could write Gospel music about me!

Go, tell it on the mountain

Over the hills and everywhere

Go, tell it on the mountain

That Diggler's posts are great.

I thought we already had the Diggler gospel tune: "How Great Thou Art" :lol:

Cumulative Thread Info To This Point

1) Members that have proven through previous posts to be reliable and factual, have revealed information that suggests serious tension exists between various members of the coaching staff, and the Athletic Director. Out of respect for their sources, they choose not to disclose details.

2) Those same reliable posters have serious post count envy. Let it go... jeez.

3) Without the requested details, many have disregarded said tension as unproven and rumor. Others seem uncomfortable that the topic is on the board at all. (Which leads me to believe that there is indeed some substance to item 1)

4) Diggler's posts are worthless.

Cumulative Thread Info To This Point

1) Members that have proven through previous posts to be reliable and factual, have revealed information that suggests serious tension exists between various members of the coaching staff, and the Athletic Director. Out of respect for their sources, they choose not to disclose details.

2) Those same reliable posters have serious post count envy. Let it go... jeez.

3) Without the requested details, many have disregarded said tension as unproven and rumor. Others seem uncomfortable that the topic is on the board at all. (Which leads me to believe that there is indeed some substance to item 1)

4) Diggler's posts are worthless.

and if there is in fact a problem, all of us "arm-chair quarterbacks" should have faith that the powers that be at UND will handle the situation accordingly.

rumors & the truth - you would think this was about big walleyes or something important ;)

I did recently speak to a UND Football player that said if Dale had left, he was not going to play & that others seemed to feel the same way (?)(?)(?) & Buning would have been to blame

I don't know much about Buning - he seems like he would make a good cheer leading adviser - But maybe that is a good quality to have ? Some of the coaches at UND , while they are very good - they are also maybe overly serious & hopefully they are not that way ALL the time ? ---Must be about $$$ that can sure make people who normally are meek & mild turn into tazmanian devlis in a hurry (?)

Today with reality everything TV & 24 hr political bashing news programs & entertainment gossip mags. & tv- we think we need to know & even promote controversy & should have behind the scenes info on everything

I like the "Don't sweat the small stuff & most is small stuff " philosophy - There is a time to be serious & a time to have FUN & loosen up or lighten up (so unless Brad S or PCM or Cathy W or Pats W (I mean S) ;) - bring it to our attention - it is probably none of our business) :ohmy: ..................with that said I start 2 weeks of Vac tonight :D:cool:

I've actually had some interaction with one of the "players" in this drama and he is amused at the talk here. His comment was something to the effect that the "informed" are quite un-informed.

No, that's just not possible. I thought these guys were inside insiders. ;):ohmy:

I like the "Don't sweat the small stuff & most is small stuff " philosophy - There is a time to be serious & a time to have FUN & loosen up or lighten up (so unless Brad S or PCM or Cathy W or Pats W (I mean S) :ohmy: - bring it to our attention - it is probably none of our business)

Diggler is my personal newsworthiness barometer. If he doesn't think something's important, then it isn't. ;)

..................with that said I start 2 weeks of Vac tonight

Two weeks of vacuuming? Boy, are you whipped! ;)

So I guess the player that Fetch was refering to was way off base! There are going to be players who are more informed than others as to what is going on,as well as there are going to be "inside insiders"as Geauxsioux might call them,that are more informed than say Geauxsioux himself, Trunk Monkey, and even Mikejm. Believe it or not there are people who are fortunate to have access to things that all of us would love to have, it doesnt make them any better than others ,they are just more fortunate or rather more lucky I would say. They are fortunate or lucky to have a relationship with a coach, a player,a certain alumni,or who ever it might be that allows them access to inside information. And it doesnt mean they are bragging by sharing information or knowing something others dont. When they do state that they have information not available to all,they are generally attacked, and it is always by the ones that arent as fortunate. And it ends up that when they respond to those attacks that they are said to be bragging or whatever you want to call it, again by the ones that arent as fortunate but who would in a heartbeat switch places to be in that same position. Can anyone here truely say they wouldnt want to have that access? I know of one particular person,who after the Frozen 4 loss to BC in Milwaukee rather than go to the night game was lucky enough,because of a relationsip he has with someone, to go to dinner with Tony Hrkac and other memebers of the 87 championship team. All of us would die for that chance,but some are luckier than others,and on that day he was one of the lucky ones. With a relationship like that he has access to information that we all wish we did,but again we arent all as fortunate or lucky! Again it doenst make him any better than us, and its not bragging or whatever it might be called when he might share that info.

In regards to this thread about Mr Buning, I have heard privately from many others that have as much or more information than I have and the response is always the same, that there is a problem and it is serious. As trunkmonkey might think it is funny how the informed are un-informed, it seams as that "player" is in fact one of them.