SiouxSports.com Forum

Buning Problem?

siouxman68

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've broken someone's trust by posting rumors on message boards. If the person would not want it to be public knowledge, then it's best left off here entirely.

Exactly, the leaking of "private" major accusations without actual facts to "protect" the sources all the while naming people involved is BS. If you are blabbing about it on here you already violated the trust, you just can't be held accountable.

It's fun to know little tidbits about UND sports, but I guess I part company when it becomes an insatiable demand by people to know every detail about relationships that should be between two people. I know I was the one asking for proof, but that wasn't from an inherent need to know, just to say don't throw hurtful information out there if you can't in good conscience expand on it. That demand for information is what makes people like Paris Hilton and Anna Nicole Smith become newsworthy when there are a lot more important things going on around us. I don't want to sound like a saint in this regard, but I think not putting out both sides on an issue as important as someone's livlihood can be devastating not only to that person, but their family as well.

There is a Buning problem! Just because Siouxcrioux1 says is is "basically a bunch of ppl making something out of absouletly nothing", doesnt mean there isnt a problem. Just because someone doesnt know what the problem is(example being Siouxcrioux1), doesnt mean it doesnt exist. Siouxcrioux1 is obviously not privy to the information pertaining to the problems. And obviously doesnt have access or connections to the information. And as for those who ask for it to be clearly stated here, word for word, that is not going to happen. People are told things in confidence, exact details, and if they are put here for everyone to read, one would be betraying the trust that another puts in you. I for one am not going to do that,whether that pertains to the Buning problem, a player,or a recruit. What type of person would betray a freinds trust in order to post the information here just to fill in fellow forum people of the exact details? If thats what it takes for Siouxcrioux1 to believe it ,well then I guess he just wont believe it! Siouxcrioux1 and the others who dont believe there could be a problem with Buning have probably only seen him in his POLITICIAN MODE at a game or fan gathering doing his rah rah speech or standing across the room from him seeing him smiling. And if they arent able to see that is as fake as a real politician walking the line shaking hands or holding a baby for a photo opp, well then let them believe what they will. The ones who work with him on a daily basis and the coaches who deal with him would tell you a completely different story. A story that makes them seriously consider leaving rather than work with him. Just because Lennon decided to stay, doesnt mean that he doenst have a problem with Buning. It just shows that his love for UND and the football program here,along with what he feels is best for his family outweighed his dislike for Buning. That may not be the case the next time with him or any other coach for that matter. The next opportunity for him or another coach might be enough to offset the pros of staying at UND.

As long as Buning is here,there is no reason to think the problem will go away. Among other things, once you have severly broken the man to man trust you have with someone, it can almost never be rebuilt. Buning is not here for the long term, I think most people understand that,

SO I SAY AGAIN ,MR BUNING DO THE HONORABLE THING AND LEAVE NOW BEFORE SOMEONE WE REALLY WANT AND NEED DECIDES TO LEAVE.

Ya thats it, well said!!

Ya thats it, well said!!

Is "severly broken the man to man trust" slang for something? I know about the woman to man trust thing and the trust between a man and his dog. I know that a trust fund is a good thing. Are there any other trusts I need to learn about?

Ya thats it, well said!!

I respecfully disagree, he may have perfectly valid points, but they weren't well said. He immediately vents at people who don't have the same opinion as him. Because they have the audacity to believe what they may see and experience(and must be easily fooled) and not what he sees/knows/has connections. Or they have no clue and must believe him because HE SAYS SO IN CAPS FOR EMPHASIS.

I respecfully disagree, he may have perfectly valid points, but they weren't well said. He immediately vents at people who don't have the same opinion as him. Because they have the audacity to believe what they may see and experience(and must be easily fooled) and not what he sees/knows/has connections. Or they have no clue and must believe him because HE SAYS SO IN CAPS FOR EMPHASIS.

YA THATS IT, WELL SAID!! ;)

Again, I know what I say won't be taken as gospel....you need to have thousands of posts on here before you get to that stature or before a person can get that big of an ego.

*looks at my post count*

Why does how many posts a person have anything to do with anything? And really, who gives a crap about the happenings at the AD? Isn't this all about the athletes anyway?

YA THATS IT, WELL SAID!! :silly:

Jeez did i start all this? I guess I was just going back to when fs1 was all panicing over how lennon was sooo gone and hakstol is gonna be next and the end is near because i have a close a source that tells me so and so on. Then what do you know? Lennon decides to stay! Wow you were pretty close there! I think i should hang on your every word jis cause u say so. Im not saying i dont believe everything you say. And im not going to go jusmping to conclusions about how you "are not privy to the information pertaining to the problems". Im just stating that what makes what you believe more credible than my sources? Im not asking you to befriend who it is you say are your sources and give all your info just for me to believe you. What im asking is that you put yourself in my shoes for a moment? Would you believe someone has all the info you could ask for on the subject, but cant back up his talk? ;)

I dont believe I said he WAS leaving ,what I said was "So taking all things into account it will not be a surprise to see him leave. If he stays it could only be for his love of UND and the football program here." And you say "Wow you were pretty close there!", do you honestly think Lennon wasnt very close to leaving? If so think again! And yes he did stay,but it was based on what I said and what he felt was best for his family at this time. Those things outweighed his dislike for the AD. I for one am not willing to take that chance each and every time Lennon or Hakstol has a new opportunity.

It is really pretty common knowledge that there are severe problems within the athletic department among him and the rest of the staff, between him and the alumni association , and between him and many of the coaches, and I would in fact say between him and for lack of better words all the coaches that matter. You wont be able to tell this at a pregame function in St Paul or St Louis, where all parties have their "public" faces on, but there are real and serious problems. Whether you choose to believe me or the others that posted similar comments regarding the situation that is your choice.

And what I said about Hakstol was "AND SO EVERYONE IS AWARE THE NEXT COACH IN LINE FOR A SITUATION VERY SIMILAR TO THIS ONE IS HAKSTOL. HE IS IN THE LAST YEAR OF HIS CONTRACT AND HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH THE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR IS PROBABLY EVEN WORSE THAN LENNON'S. HAKSTOL IS A MAN OF PRINCIPAL AND HOLDS TRUST AS A KEY PART, AND FROM WHAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD HIS CURRENT REALTIONSHIP WITH THE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR COULD IN FACT CAUSE HIM TO LEAVE." Maybe you missed the word COULD! Again,

I for one am not willing to take that chance. Maybe you arent aware, but Hakstol plays a much more improtant role in the success of the hockey team than does the AD!

In regards to "Im just stating that what makes what you believe more credible than my sources?", I dont know you or your sources and you dont know me or mine, but whether you take this as being arrogant or not (its not ment to be), but actually I really dont care how you or others take it, the fact of the matter is sources cant get any better or more legitimate than mine. Believe it or not, its your choice, but it in fact is a fact. I am not going to repeat the conversations word for word for you so that you have all the information. What I have said here regarding the problems between the AD and others is in fact very common knowledge and that is why what and how I have said it is not in any way breached the trust of the people who have told me about it. They and me are not the only ones aware of the problems,far from it! If I put out the exact details ,which not everyone is aware of , then it would breach the trust. The details will stay private,yet many people know the problem exists. If your source doesnt know the problem exists, then I would suggest you find a new one, because it is in fact pretty well known!

Count me in the "where there's smoke there's fire" camp. He's great before, during, and after the games with people, but this latest close-call with Lennon, along with some of things I'm reading regarding the relationship with Hakstol and others, has me convinced that something's wrong.

I've heard enough outside of what I read on this forum to be concerned. I don't know if the problems are Bunings or the coaches, but I worry about what the outcomes may be, because I don't want to see great coaches like Lennon or Hakstol moving along because of the AD.

I dont believe I said he WAS leaving ,what I said was "So taking all things into account it will not be a surprise to see him leave. If he stays it could only be for his love of UND and the football program here." And you say "Wow you were pretty close there!", do you honestly think Lennon wasnt very close to leaving? If so think again! And yes he did stay,but it was based on what I said and what he felt was best for his family at this time. Those things outweighed his dislike for the AD. I for one am not willing to take that chance each and every time Lennon or Hakstol has a new opportunity.

It is really pretty common knowledge that there are severe problems within the athletic department among him and the rest of the staff, between him and the alumni association , and between him and many of the coaches, and I would in fact say between him and for lack of better words all the coaches that matter. You wont be able to tell this at a pregame function in St Paul or St Louis, where all parties have their "public" faces on, but there are real and serious problems. Whether you choose to believe me or the others that posted similar comments regarding the situation that is your choice.

And what I said about Hakstol was "AND SO EVERYONE IS AWARE THE NEXT COACH IN LINE FOR A SITUATION VERY SIMILAR TO THIS ONE IS HAKSTOL. HE IS IN THE LAST YEAR OF HIS CONTRACT AND HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH THE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR IS PROBABLY EVEN WORSE THAN LENNON'S. HAKSTOL IS A MAN OF PRINCIPAL AND HOLDS TRUST AS A KEY PART, AND FROM WHAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD HIS CURRENT REALTIONSHIP WITH THE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR COULD IN FACT CAUSE HIM TO LEAVE." Maybe you missed the word COULD! Again,

I for one am not willing to take that chance. Maybe you arent aware, but Hakstol plays a much more improtant role in the success of the hockey team than does the AD!

In regards to "Im just stating that what makes what you believe more credible than my sources?", I dont know you or your sources and you dont know me or mine, but whether you take this as being arrogant or not (its not ment to be), but actually I really dont care how you or others take it, the fact of the matter is sources cant get any better or more legitimate than mine. Believe it or not, its your choice, but it in fact is a fact. I am not going to repeat the conversations word for word for you so that you have all the information. What I have said here regarding the problems between the AD and others is in fact very common knowledge and that is why what and how I have said it is not in any way breached the trust of the people who have told me about it. They and me are not the only ones aware of the problems,far from it! If I put out the exact details ,which not everyone is aware of , then it would breach the trust. The details will stay private,yet many people know the problem exists. If your source doesnt know the problem exists, then I would suggest you find a new one, because it is in fact pretty well known!

If things are as bad and as wide spread as you are saying, I would think that action is happening within the university, as someone else put it "behind closed doors". There are some pretty strong ties between the alumni association and the coaches and some pretty influential people. If the situation does not improve, I'm sure that the conflicts of which you speak will eventually be somewhat public and we will all have a great deal more information. Until that time, let's all support UND athletics.

If things are as bad and as wide spread as you are saying, I would think that action is happening within the university, as someone else put it "behind closed doors". There are some pretty strong ties between the alumni association and the coaches and some pretty influential people. If the situation does not improve, I'm sure that the conflicts of which you speak will eventually be somewhat public and we will all have a great deal more information. Until that time, let's all support UND athletics.

That is exactly what im trying to get across. If Mr. Buning is such a bad AD, the alumni association would be taking some action as we speak. Everyone wont just turn the other cheek for Buning and run this school into the ground. Come on really if it was something they couldnt resolve do you honestly think hed be our athletic director at this point. Im sayin that losts of people have not so good working relationships. If this one is as bad as everyone thinks then you cant tell me that Coach Lennons ties with the alumni association havent been looking into this issue. Everything will be ok.

... OF PRINCIPAL AND ... TRUST AS ... KEY ....

I am not going to repeat the conversations word for word ...

Those two don't align. Why repeat any part at all? Isn't repeating any part, even the nuance, of the conversation publicly breaking the trust of a person who values principles and trust?

Put another way: If Dale or Dave was reading this would they be happy with people invoking their names here in this manner? They haven't gone on the record, which means either (a) there is no problem and no comment is a professional answer, or (b) they are handling it as the professionals they are (behind closed doors). Let them be professionals; try to follow their lead and act similarly.

Relax, go have a beer and some pizza at The Moon (ya can't have a beer at the Red Pepper), and let the pros handle this because all that's going on here is tarnishing people (like Buning, and unfortunately Lennon and Hakstol by association by invoking their names).

This won't get solved here. Let the pros do things right.

Those two don't align. Why repeat any part at all? Isn't repeating any part, even the nuance, of the conversation publicly breaking the trust of a person who values principles and trust?

Because we just love to get into these phylosophical questions and dissect items word-for-word of what others say, how is what you said or are implying any different than a reporter saying "Officials had a closed door meeting but I'm reporting that unnamed sources have told me this about the meeting"? Is it because we aren't reporters and then should be held to a higher standard? But the reporter always follows back on the excuse that the public has a right to know and that they haven't broken any trust bonds.

So when you say "Isn't repeating any part, even the nuance, of the conversation publicly breaking the trust of a person who values principles and trust?" are you then saying that reporters don't value principles and trust? Because reporters do the exact same thing of which you are chastising some of us for doing. I've seen many reporters write about what has happened in closed door meetings and even mentioning names and naming exact specifics by quoting unnamed sources. If what you feel above is true, then I have reason to conlude you question the principles and values of reporters as well when they report on any matters in a similar way. Am I wrong in my conclusion or did I not interpret what you said correctly?

Sicatoka just knows what he is talking about! Heck he has ove 6000 posts,how cant he. Just ask Hockey Mom!

I think it comes down to people with a lot of posts don't consistently get questioned on items they post or whatever they say, whereas newer posters are almost certain to get attacked and questioned almost instantly on items of information they post even though the information may be completely accurate. In all honesty, it all comes down to how many posts you have for it to be determined if what a person says will be taken seriously or not.

I've been observing this board for a few years and this seems the normal path among the conversations and general responses to various people on the board....there is a correlation to how often a person posts.

I think it comes down to people with a lot of posts don't consistently get questioned on items they post or whatever they say, whereas newer posters are almost certain to get attacked and questioned almost instantly on items of information they post even though the information may be completely accurate. In all honesty, it all comes down to how many posts you have for it to be determined if what a person says will be taken seriously or not.

I've been observing this board for a few years and this seems the normal path among the conversations and general responses to various people on the board....there is a correlation to how often a person posts.

I don't think most people look at the number of posts. I just know who has been posting accurate info in the past.