SiouxSports.com Forum

Buning Problem?

siouxman68

All this really proves is that you were an "insider" back in '87. I really have a hard time believing that anyone tells you or some of the other "insiders" on this site anything. In today's world, you really can't tell anyone almost anything regarding what goes on at your job without fear of termination or worse a lawsuit. If they really are telling you anything I strongly advise that they reconsider because both you and the "Walrus" have big enough mouths on here that you tell enough specifics to get your source in deep, even though you dont' reveal names.

I would like to apologize to the "Walrus" for the above remarks. They were made in haste and a bit harsh. The "Walrus" has been a valued contributor on this site and on others. I would, however, like to further clarify my position. When a person comes on here claiming inside information and connections to Sioux athletic department officials regarding internal athletic department on-goings that should be kept within the department. That person damages their credibility and that of any official whose perceived to be their informant when they share this information, which presumably should have been kept in confidence.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF YOU CAN'T BACK UP YOUR INFORMATION, THEN IT IS JUST A RUMOR. UNTIL YOU CAN BACK IT UP, IT IS JUST A RUMOR. PEOPLE WHO SPREAD RUMORS ARE OFTEN BETTER JUST KEEPING THEIR MOUTH SHUT.

One of my "inside sources" told me that Kelly Green is one of our school colors. I can't document it anywhere other than online or in media published info. This must be TWADDLE then!

Holy crap, get over it. About 90% of ALL boards are rumor, opinion, and "twaddle" anyway. If you don't like it, stay off of the boards.

I can't believe I used the word Twaddle twice in my 400th post!!!!

I say it's purple, and since I'm over 5000 posts that makes me right (by 7nat. titles standards anyway). At least until 11000 post PCM contradicts me :ohmy:

OMG I'M SO JEALOUS OF YOU. YOU HAVE MORE POSTS THAN ME!!!

*sits in the corner and pouts*

You'll pass me soon; I"ve been passed by many in the last year, which, I guess, mean I'm getting dumber all the time :ohmy:

Look at it this way, you post way more often than he does. He's been around three years longer than you and yet only has 1300 more posts than you. You are the better person.

Look at it this way, you post way more often than he does. He's been around three years longer than you and yet only has 1300 more posts than you. You are the better person.

I'm the better person, so I'm cooking breakfast tomorrow for everyone on my sunburn. Eggs, bacon, hashbrowns......

that depends, are your feet sunburned? cause if they are, screw the shoes, it would hurt too much. Just replying.

I'm only sunburned on the top of my back where the avatar used old sunscreen......the rest of me got the new stuff and didn't burn. She was even so nice that she reapplied it for me a couple hours after the first coating.

Cooking oil probably would have worked better.

The old stuff went in the trash so it doesn't happen again.

I'm only sunburned on the top of my back where the avatar used old sunscreen......the rest of me got the new stuff and didn't burn. She was even so nice that she reapplied it for me a couple hours after the first coating.

Cooking oil probably would have worked better.

The old stuff went in the trash so it doesn't happen again.

good idea, though it is the thought that counts. though either way, i would go with flip flops. :ohmy:

The last two Athletic Directors of the year have been from Florida (Jeremy Foley) and from Louisville (Tom Jurich). Interesting reads on the emerging importance of an athletic directors that don't kowtow to boosters:

Florida's Foley a model AD

Decisions made by athletics directors can make or break a school's image for years to come. Just look at what Tom Jurich has accomplished at Louisville, turning a middle of the rung competitor into a national power in both football and basketball.

Athletics directors also need to have some modicum of autonomy to be efficient, which is extremely difficult in so many programs that are still run by good ole boys.

Would it be unreasonable to speculate that one of UND's adminstrational intents is to move the athletic program from a "good ole boy" model, to something more professional?

A classic example occurred 10 years ago at Alabama.

Bockrath bungled the forced retirement of Stallings and instead of following through on his original plan, he cracked under enormous pressure from the trustees, alumni and fans and hired Mike DuBose.

Bockrath lost his nerve and did what most athletics directors do -- worry more about their own well being and security than doing the right thing.

Auburn has had similar woes in the past. David Housel, a respected sports information director, was put into office, primarily as a pawn of powerful trustees.

He had been around a long time and knew how to say "yes sir" when a trustee called. Housel made a mess out of the Terry Bowden situation, from nearly every angle. Instead of doing the right thing in 2003 when Tommy Tuberville was in trouble and displaying some guts and character, Housel got on the Colonial Bank plane with the school president and the trustees to try and hire Bob Petrino.

Louisville's AD gets national honor

Jurich badly shook up the old boys when he got rid of Crum:

Jurich said he took a big risk when he left Colorado State to take the UofL job in 1997, succeeding Bill Olsen. One of his first major moves was to fire football coach Ron Cooper following a 1-10 season and hire John L. Smith. Then he became embroiled in controversy when he made it clear he wanted to replace long-time

The last two Athletic Directors of the year have been from Florida (Jeremy Foley) and from Louisville (Tom Jurich). Interesting reads on the emerging importance of an athletic directors that don't kowtow to boosters:

Florida's Foley a model AD

Would it be unreasonable to speculate that one of UND's adminstrational intents is to move the athletic program from a "good ole boy" model, to something more professional?

To the extent this has been a problem at UND--and I have no idea whether or not it has been--is now really the time you'd want to take the chance of alienating many of the very same people you're counting on to fund the division I move?