SiouxSports.com Forum

Toews with Canada

siouxhockey5

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's another JT article in the Winnipeg Free Press. Alludes to contract talks with the Hawks

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/to...p-4565031c.html

However, the Chicago Blackhawks' third overall pick in 2006 has yet to declare his intentions for next season.

Toews watches practice on Thursday. Which makes Toews' selection to Team Canada intriguing, in that it has long been speculated that he was destined for Chicago this fall. But yesterday Toews admitted that what had once seemed a certainty in his mind is now anything but.

"I felt right at one point about making a decision," he acknowledged. "Then you talk to people and it can turn your head right around."

It was at this point Toews dropped the words "changing negotiations" into the conversation, suggesting that perhaps contract talks with the Blackhawks had hit a snag. Either way, it's clear "the biggest decision of my hockey career so far" has yet to play itself out.

Seems like he still has a lot of deciding left to do...

"I felt right at one point about making a decision," he acknowledged. "Then you talk to people and it can turn your head right around."

It was at this point Toews dropped the words "changing negotiations" into the conversation, suggesting that perhaps contract talks with the Blackhawks had hit a snag. Either way, it's clear "the biggest decision of my hockey career so far" has yet to play itself out.

So you're saying there's a chance. :D

"However, the Chicago Blackhawks' third overall pick in 2006 has yet to declare his intentions for next season.

Which makes Toews' selection to Team Canada intriguing, in that it has long been speculated that he was destined for Chicago this fall. But yesterday Toews admitted that what had once seemed a certainty in his mind is now anything but."

This waiting is driving me crazy!

"However, the Chicago Blackhawks' third overall pick in 2006 has yet to declare his intentions for next season.

Which makes Toews' selection to Team Canada intriguing, in that it has long been speculated that he was destined for Chicago this fall. But yesterday Toews admitted that what had once seemed a certainty in his mind is now anything but."

This waiting is driving me crazy!

Not me. Coming into the season I expected Toews to bolt for the pros. Though, technically, the decision hasn't been made, it's easier for me because I came to grips with it before this season even started. It's only a matter of time, IMO. If he does decide to play, then I can claim to be surprised. :D

Not me. Coming into the season I expected Toews to bolt for the pros. Though, technically, the decision hasn't been made, it's easier for me because I came to grips with it before this season even started. It's only a matter of time, IMO. If he does decide to play, then I can claim to be surprised. :D

A pessimist is never disappointed.

not sure if posted, this is a good site to follow toews, commodore, greene and bochenski in the worlds

http://web.wcsn.com/index.jsp

BO with a PP goal in win

http://web.wcsn.com/article/news.jsp?ymd=2...34029&dpre=

sSCarBHH.jpg

Brandon Bochenski of the U.S. scores past goaltender Reinhard Divis of Austria during Friday's opener of the IIHF World Championship in Moscow.(Reuters)

There's another JT article in the Winnipeg Free Press. Alludes to contract talks with the Hawks

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/to...p-4565031c.html

I don't see that as contracts talks, I see it as a kid that is taking it all in with a big decision on his hands.

Also, Crosby has a broken foot and that is why he didn't play for team canada.

canada wins 3-2 over germany....

http://tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/

Toews played on the number one line and although they were held scoreless he didn't look out of place.

Commodore took a highstick in the chin late in the game and I think he forgot what tournament he was in because he hopped up and challenged the German who did it to a fight. The German declined his invitation :D

http://tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/news_story/?...canadian_hockey

great commie pic :silly:

commodore_54628.jpg

MOSCOW (CP) - Mike Commodore made sure his first visit to Russia's most famous landmark was memorable.

The big defenceman had a couple of his Canadian teammates howling with laughter on Sunday when he purchased a traditional Russian hat near the entrance to Red Square and pulled it tightly over his curly mop of ginger hair.

The black fur cap was complete with a small hammer and sickle pin and Commodore posed proudly as complete strangers took pictures of him wearing it.

It was a light moment on a cold, grey afternoon as Team Canada took some time to tour the Russian capital.

''It's nice to get out and get around,'' said Commodore, who won the Stanley Cup with Carolina last June. ''It gets tiring just sitting in the hotel all day. Guys want to get out and see things - you never know if you'll get back here.

Stick to being old, grandpa. You weren't funny when you interviewed me at UND and it's obviously only gotten worse.

I think you're getting senile, Diggler. I never interviewed Commodore when he was at UND.

commodore_54628.jpg

"You stinkin' Ruskie liar! You told me if I switched to vodka and wore this furry hat you'd change the nickname to Commies and I could play for Russia! And now you're saying "No"? You guys are worse than Don Adam!"

Somebody get Mike a tuuk and a Molson, eh. :D:silly: